Indy vs. Franklin round 2,part 2, let the smack talk begin

sarahpalin

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilcobest---Overton had a very good team. Yes they lost two games from their district because of injuries. However maybe you forgot that they beat David Lipscomb, Father Ryan, and McGavock who were all pretty good teams this year. Franklin looked good last week and were impressive. No they couldnt but Overton away but you have to give Overton credit for that. Indy played an overrated Arlington team and everybody knows that. To me Indy has not been impressive at all. I saw the Indy v Franklin game a couple weeks ago and Franklin dominated them.

whom cares if Oakland scored with 13 secs remaining and INDy got rolled by Smyrna two different teams and ya know what they IHS and FHS still lost so your point is mute

The phrase that you are looking for is MOOT, it is a moot point. Mute is on a TV, moot means irrelevant. "I would rather one think I am a fool than to open my mouth and prove them correct" I just couldn't let that go.

Now all alliteration aside, let's talk football. I can not believe that I am about to say this (gulp), however I have been more impressed with Franklin's offense as of late than any other facet of the game. And you know why, they finally did what should have been done all season. Put the ball in #4 and #5's hands to win the game. How about that, two great offensive production nights, even though one was a loss. And yes they came out with the win, but the defense did look rather suspect against the power run game last week. Will the dry conditions provide the firm footing for the vaunted QB from Indy?? I guess only time will tell.

I was at the first FHS @ IHS game since these are my two favorite Wilco football "programs" (and I use that term extremly loosly). It is rather commical to me that the Indy fan base calls out Franklin when they give up on their team for being down in a district game by two scores in the 3rd. I would expect more this week however. And I guarantee you that even if Eubanks did say that Indy should have won that game, they indeed should not have. And the more correct statement is that Indy crossed the 50 once in the 2nd half, I think I remember 3 times in the first half.

The thing that I am looking for this week is indeed play calling. I hope that Franklin is able to utilize the pass to open things up a little, but keep it as you have the last two weeks, 5 or 6 passes a game. But I know that Craig "big air" Clayton will probably panic or try to impress and start slinging the rock. Two questions for the offensive staff though. #1 - have you taught the soph. when and when not to call a timeout. 3 TOs in 4 plays. Seriously?!?!? #2 - Do you know what field posistion, setting up a field goal, and clock management are? Just curious. Offensively for Indy, are they going to try to air it out a little, or utilize their most potent weapon of the experienced QB? Seems like Franklin had a tough time in the first game with the power and quick hit runs (although they kept them out of the endzone) and trouble last week against the power run game.

Defensively, Franklin is typically well prepared for all, but especially district opponents. I would expect a good plan, but it will come to whether or not the 11 can hunker down and make the plays. Franklin's offense should try to keep them off the field as much as possible or this ground and pound Indy offense will wear them down. Indy defensively better figure out how to stop the run or they might get gashed once again (that is if Clayton gives Ford and Lee the chance)

Without a doubt, this is going to be an amazing game. Finally dry conditions, so no excuses. The most fearful thing for the Rebels happened in week 10 of the regular season. When Brentwood beat them, I kept hearing through the line that "we will see them again in the quarters" well not if you overlook Indy big boys. Indy would love to be the one to unseat the Rebels, and with nothing to lose, they very well could. I just don't see Lee and Ford not producing at this point in their careers. :blink:

FHS 21 - Indy 10 (my original prediction was 24-10, but then I remembered that FHS doesn't know how to kick a field goal) :ugeek:

When I said, "Franklin has not impressed me the past few weeks", I guess I need to really specify my time-line for you Franklin people. I meant I have not been impressed by the Rebels by the way they played against Brentwood and Overton. They gave up 21 points to a Brentwood team (and Franklin had an extra week to prepare), is that what you people call a stout defense? They took all they could handle against Overton (who has lost any game that actually mattered in their district). Not to mention Franklin couldn't go for the KO, on a few opportunistic turnovers.

Looking back on this year, what has Franklin done to deserve this praise and worthiness? They destroyed 2 Kentucky teams? They got the royal junk scared out of them against BGA?... Ok they beat Hillsboro & Centennial (but so did everybody else). Franklin played 2 big-time/ litmus-test games 1) against Ooltewah 2) against Brentwood. With the same result, they lost both. When the spotlight shines on Franklin, it is a safe bet that Franklin will get stage fright and flop. Do ya'll want further proof? Over the past two years lets take a look at the games Franklin has lost.

Brentwood 09- District Championship game

Ooltewah 09- TN statement game

Oakland 08- State Championship game

Brentwood 08- Region Championship game

When it is time to win a game, Franklin finds a way to lose. The only team that is better at loosing championship games is the Ohio State Buckeyes this decade. This may not be a championship game, but its a chance to sweep the IHS Eagles, Its a chance to be the champion of Thompson Station, and if there is one thing Franklin can not do, it is win any type of championship.

Apparently you have forgotten that the last time Indy went to the championship game, that they got absolutely rolled over by Smyrna. Making them look like they didn't even deserve to be there. Oakland scored the winning touchdown in the championship game last year against Franklin with 13 seconds left to play. So, I would say Franklin plays a little better in big games than Indy.

also, keep in mind that franklin has been open for more than a 100 years and Indy...5 varsity football team for 4. just saying

Let's also recall that they pulled a lot of kids from Franklin when the school opened. Just saying.

whom cares if Oakland scored with 13 secs remaining and INDy got rolled by Smyrna two different teams and ya know what they IHS and FHS still lost so your point is mute

1. Can someone decode this for me?

2. I'll try and figure you out on my own. "ya know what they IHS", can't quite figure that one out.

The point was stated that Franklin has never known how to finish big games. They finished against Brentwood last year when it mattered late in the game. Indy doesn't seem to know how to start, or finish a football game as of late. So yes, my point is valid, and not "mute".

independence doesnt deserve to lick the dirt of franklins cleats.. but good luck anyway

Nice sandlot quote :thumb:

Franklin doesnt deserve to whipe INDY'S A55

I Completely agree :D

REALLY ???? A55 Is this what they teach in Southern WilCo? Eagle's put on clean underwear we'll going to town on Friday night to get our butts handed to us.