#6 Gallatin (8-3) @ #1 Henry Co. (10-1)

Gtowner

I think friday nights game is gonna be a close one. I'm lookin forward to the atmosphere in Paris.

The atmosphere should be breathable. If wind picks up from the South East you might get smoke from the searing animal flesh on the grill. :hungry:

Look for a big crowd. HCHS fans spread out pretty good from end zone to end zone. A lot of standers.

If you don't tailgate or eat the animal flesh at Patriot Stadium, I would point you to Fresh Market for Ribs, Steaks or Catfish (try the pan seared blackened Cajun, ask for it, almost all you eat), pasta,etc. Olive Pit if you prefer Italian, We have 2 Mexican restraurants and 2 Chinese. Dave and Anns for more of a home cooking meal or Hungry Wolf for bbq/ribs/chicken.

With the crowd that I would anticipate from Green Wave it should look like a giant stop light from the air since the field has taken a light brown color (envision it as more of a dull yellow)

RED

YELLOW

GREEN

Looking for a good game! When the pitching, catching, running and hitting is over. One of these two teams will be caught at the Red Light and the other will have a Green Light.

Pulling for the Red to get the Green !!!!!! :roflol:

GO PATS !!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

therealgame, thank you, and if it were not for the Henry County teams of the world then who would we love to hate. I will agree it is always the good teams people dislike. Now those true Patriot fans that allowed my family to enjoy that good food is what makes your team great. Those fans that cursed my family as we walked to the concession stand make many dislike your program. My wife was shocked to see students and parents speak to them that way in front of children. However, this does not change the way I see that group that sat and chatted under the tent. You know where I am talking about, and they are CLASS acts. Made us feel right at home! :thumb:

I have never seen any fan of an opposing team be threatened or cussed at Patriot Stadium. I have been going to games for over 20 years and find it hard to believe! However, all the kids hang out in the area between the visitor section and the concession stand and it could've happened. There are police, teachers, & administration patrolling that area all game to prevent those type of problems but it is possible. If I ever see anyone treat opposing fans that way there will hear about it from me whether they are kids or adults!

:D The soft offensive/defensive lines of Gallatin is again why I'm predicting another laugher. :thumb: HC's line will have little trouble with the ripples. :lol: Actually, with the reclassification of football, HC will show they are the class of the new division. We are the largest school and none of the smaller schools will pose a serious threat! :huh: HC has always had a pretty solid FB program, but when we dropped to class 4 a few years back our team started to show their abilities. If, we were in class 6, well.... but we're not and we are the biggest and best team in class 5!!! GW will simply be the next to go home after being manhandled by the Pats! :?

I will have to say Pats line play has picked it up alot in the last 3-4 games. With Gallatin 8-3 with 3 losses coming to pretty good teams I would say their line play is not to bad. To say soft IMO is a walk on the wild side, but there again you have been known to step out on that ledge, JYD!!

GO PATS !!!!!!!!!!!

JYD does step out on the ledge and HE WILL BE CORRECT AGAIN! The Big Red WILL NOT be denied!!!

I noticed one of Gallatin's losses was a 31-0 Blowout to Hendersonville. Hendersonville just lost to Northeast. I predict another Big Red Victory. HC 35 Gallatin 7

If you want to use these games to try and make a point about who is going to win i will make my own point. Gallatin destroyed Pope John Paul who beat Clarksville who beat Henry County. Gallatin also beat Beech who beat Clarksville who beat Henry County. So that would make it seem like Gallatin would win in a blowout. But to assume the outcome of a game this way is as stupid as it gets. Both teams will come to play and it will be a low scoring fight till the final whistle.

The student body was a little restless at some of our students. That is just the game, but the issue was the boy that called one of our parents a bad name, and the officer in that area assisted the boys to another area. Other than that, I only saw a fun atmosphere that was enjoyable except for the score last Friday night. We stopped by that catfish house for dinner. Man was it good. Good luck this week representing our district against Gallatin. I am sided to say Henry County wins it in the forth quarter with their wonderful kicker. In pregame he was kicking 40 yard field goals easily. My prediction is 31 to 28 Patriots.

There is alot of pride and enthusiasm amongst the players and coaches here at the school. I am not saying that we will win, but I almost guarantee that those who show up will get there money's worth...It all depends on the ground game. Whoever runs the most will most surely win...

We here in Henry Land are hoping the Green Wave Defense has too run alot to catch the Big Red Offense Friday night. :thumb:

GO PATS !!!!!!!!!!!

You cannot place weight on half the games played this year! With the condition of fields early to week 10, it allowed bad teams to win and good teams to lose. Point in hand is the Henry County vs. Clarksville game or the Gallatin vs Hendersonville game. Those games were nasty to play in. However, the playoffs have been dry and it will set up a good opportunity for both teams to show off their weapons. This one leaves no excuses, and still believe Gallatin will nudge the Patriots by 7. From what I saw, that field is in great condition to play. Good job by field crew!

You cannot place weight on half the games played this year! With the condition of fields early to week 10, it allowed bad teams to win and good teams to lose. Point in hand is the Henry County vs. Clarksville game or the Gallatin vs Hendersonville game. Those games were nasty to play in. However, the playoffs have been dry and it will set up a good opportunity for both teams to show off their weapons. This one leaves no excuses, and still believe Gallatin will nudge the Patriots by 7. From what I saw, that field is in great condition to play. Good job by field crew!

I agree with your assessment of what the field conditions can mean to certain games. The field here seems like a good one and the forecast will keep it dry. Have you attended a Gallatin game this year? If so, why? If not, upon what do you base your prediction or is this just a "gut feeling" on your part? Just wondered.

I will have to say Pats line play has picked it up alot in the last 3-4 games. With Gallatin 8-3 with 3 losses coming to pretty good teams I would say their line play is not to bad. To say soft IMO is a walk on the wild side, but there again you have been known to step out on that ledge, JYD!!

GO PATS !!!!!!!!!!!

JYD does step out on the ledge and HE WILL BE CORRECT AGAIN! The Big Red WILL NOT be denied!!!

I noticed one of Gallatin's losses was a 31-0 Blowout to Hendersonville. Hendersonville just lost to Northeast. I predict another Big Red Victory. HC 35 Gallatin 7

If you want to use these games to try and make a point about who is going to win i will make my own point. Gallatin destroyed Pope John Paul who beat Clarksville who beat Henry County. Gallatin also beat Beech who beat Clarksville who beat Henry County. So that would make it seem like Gallatin would win in a blowout. But to assume the outcome of a game this way is as stupid as it gets. Both teams will come to play and it will be a low scoring fight till the final whistle.

I agree with you totally. Little, if anything, can be surmised by prior scores and comparison of scores. This game will be determined on the field. It seem fairly even on paper, although while HC has a solid kicking game, the word around here indicates that the Gallatin kicking game is great.