CAK vs Alcoa Part II

FootballDad

FBD, You and GVK need to take a day off and come let Bridge and I treat you to some BOH! B)

Bee Cee....Eye jest wunder why ewe 'uns ain't nevur envitid me and mommaSTARS (yore Blunt Cowntee brotherin' and sisterin') ovur two treet us two sum BOH?????.....: .. :?:

:lol: ........ewe and momma git yern selves ovur to BOH about 12oclock and I'll pursonlee tie da feed polk on momma! :?: We also let ewe sit at tha hed'a da tabul. B)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prayers are with CAK this week...I just heard the news that one of the fine young men over there lost his father last night in a car accident....hoping for peace that only God can bring in such a time.

"Rockwood" our prayers are with you.

Just heard the terrible news. Our family's prayers go out to #20 and his Mom & sister. I had just celebrated with high fives with Mr."Rockwood" Friday night when Aaron intercepted that last past to seal the victory. May God look over this family and enable their CAK family to be there for them.

I keep hearing how well CAK's defense played a couple of weeks ago and that seems a little off. Alcoa had 410 yards of offense. One Alcoa receiver dropped a pass that would have gone for a 90+ yard TD (there was no defense that caused the drop). The only time Alcoa did not stop themselves was in the 4th quarter after 6 minute drive that went for about 70 yards and ended on downs. Alcoa easily could have scored 40 if they were not playing clock control.

Bad news for CAK....Alcoa was indeed sluggish 2 weeks ago. CAK's offense can have some success against the Alcoa D, but they can't be as consistent as they need to be in order to win. CAK's chances rest on Alcoa turning the ball over and having multiple penalties. The Alcoa offensive juggernaut is just that. Maryville couldn't stop it and CAK didn't in round 1. Tyner is no slouch and Alcoa made them look silly. Expect much of the same this week.

Alcoa 35

CAK 10

It is unfortunate this game Has to played right now. I would have liked to seen Alcoa moved to another quad. To many teams that are tops in state are going to be eliminated early because of this strong bracket, unfortunate. Alcoa, even though I think they are the best non private school in the state, should have an easier road than the teams they will face.

I am on here excited about our Redskins traveling to Polk and the rematch between CAK and Alcoa. But when I read about the accident, I will refrain from football talk today.

FBD, GVK and all the players and fans of CAK.

Please know that us in Loudon, that our hearts and prayers go out to this young man and the rest of his family.

Congrats on the Tornadoes win over Tyner, did Alcoa ever get challenged? I could feel the "love' when I saw the Alcoa "to do list" sign that had Maryville & CAK checked off. :shock: At least we're in good company. Do you have any special treats planned for the Warrior fans to entice them to make the drive to Aluminumville? Fireworks? Double Angus Band Burgers? Laser light show? Garth Brooks singing the national anthem? Anything......?

Rule #1: there should NEVER be a discussion about eating plans without including blitzinbuc. :thumb:

FootballDad, you're a class act and it was my honor to meet you and break bread with you Friday night prior to the CAK/Central game. And it was very hospitable of you to buy my meal......though I keep getting these thoughts that you were just preparing me for the inevitable loss the Chargers would endure. :thumb:

Seriously, It was a privilege to meet you and GVK.....and the other fine gentlemen I met. CAK has really grown since I was there many years ago, and to that I give credit to people doing what the Lord wanted them to do. All of those I met at CAK were kind and humble, both before and after the game.

The Central coaches I rode home with were really bragging on your football program......not just in how good the team was, but also about what a first-rate program you have.

I pray our paths will cross again someday on this side of eternity. If so, I get to do the eating-treating next time (especially if having a servant's heart will guarantee a victory for my team). :thumb:

As a Christian, I don't believe in luck........so, I'll wish your team much success against mighty Alcoa.

ps: I was in Meigs County Saturday evening for a birthday party - amongst some of the Tiger coaches. They said they had heard a rumor about me actually wearing Central attire the night before. You'll be proud of me for not lying......I just told them there are always things like that going around and unless someone had proof that I did wear it, then it probably was just a rumor. :roflol:

Thank you Korn. I think most of us are in shock. They were on the booster bus with a lot of the parents just a couple of weeks ago. It sure puts things in perspective. There are no guarantees.

To my CAK brothers: I just read back through the thread after I posted and read the sad news about one of your students losing his Father. I am truly saddened to hear this for this young man and his family. As I was discussing with some of you gentleman Friday night, Romans 8:28 has been used by me many times in my life.......and I hope this young man can find comfort in God's Word.

Since God knows who it is, I'll just pray accordingly, and I'll put him on our Church's e-mail prayer list.

Korn and loudon fans--go show Polk Co how real football is played-we need to make this quad's finals all be from the same district--maybe TSSAA will finally understand.

Thanks to all for thoughts and prayer for the Colletts. His dad got to experience senior night and watch his son get his first int of the year Friday and then this. Can't forget #20's sister and mom in all of this either. QB's grandmother passed away out of state yesterday too.

Best of luck to both teams as far as injures and everyone making it home safe. I hope that CAK can win this one and go on to face Polk next Friday.

Real football??? 10-0 I believe that is real football. You may get a taste of something you dont want at Polk. Some big ole country boys playing "real" football.

Hope to see CAK at Polk next week. :thumb:

Rule #1: there should NEVER be a discussion about eating plans without including blitzinbuc. :thumb:

FootballDad, you're a class act and it was my honor to meet you and break bread with you Friday night prior to the CAK/Central game. And it was very hospitable of you to buy my meal......though I keep getting these thoughts that you were just preparing me for the inevitable loss the Chargers would endure. :thumb:

Seriously, It was a privilege to meet you and GVK.....and the other fine gentlemen I met. CAK has really grown since I was there many years ago, and to that I give credit to people doing what the Lord wanted them to do. All of those I met at CAK were kind and humble, both before and after the game.

The Central coaches I rode home with were really bragging on your football program......not just in how good the team was, but also about what a first-rate program you have.

I pray our paths will cross again someday on this side of eternity. If so, I get to do the eating-treating next time (especially if having a servant's heart will guarantee a victory for my team). :thumb:

As a Christian, I don't believe in luck........so, I'll wish your team much success against mighty Alcoa.

ps: I was in Meigs County Saturday evening for a birthday party - amongst some of the Tiger coaches. They said they had heard a rumor about me actually wearing Central attire the night before. You'll be proud of me for not lying......I just told them there are always things like that going around and unless someone had proof that I did wear it, then it probably was just a rumor. :thumb:

Blitz: very kind words and they are very much appreciated. I could tell, aside from our joking around, that you are a geniune people person who seems to be living life the right way. It really was my pleasure to spend some time with you as well as getting to meet sportsnut. I too hope we can meet again in the near future. McMinn Central has a good football team and great fan support. I'll be sure to pass along your thoughts and prayers to the Collett family along with many other well wishers on this board. God is good and he will comfort them & provide for them.