Ooltewah Football

TNsteeler

Indian

East Hamilton is a Middle High School half that enrolment is probably middle schoolers. That is what I have been told. Actually they probably should be in a lower classification. They could not compete with the big boys with middle schoolers. As for a dynasty it will be a great acheivement for anyone in Hamilton County to do that on a state level with so many schools and a small population.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...First off lets be realistic....Ooltewah and Hamilton County would not be able to match the amount of money Ralph Potter is making at Brentwood Academy. So lets go ahead and scratch him from the list. Next, Tim James wouldn't leave Heritage in Georgia because once again the money is the issue. Scratch him off also as potential replacement. Now yes. I may be tottally wrong but I think everyone just needs to be a little more realistic in the possible replacements. I really think that the Ooltewah administration, Booster Club, and community needs to look at one of the top assistant coaches in Chattanooga (If not the Top Assistant). I really believe that the attention should be focused on Red Bank Defensive Coordinator Kenny Cobble. He has been the DC there for the past 8 years and Red Bank has won the Region/District 5 out of the 8 years. Year in year out, his Red Bank defense is top in the area. I feel that he would be a great fit at Ooltewah. He is a great family man and top notch teacher in the classroom. Its only a matter of time before he becomes a head coach and I would hate to see another team pass him up and then regret it down the road.

Indian

East Hamilton is a Middle High School half that enrolment is probably middle schoolers. That is what I have been told. Actually they probably should be in a lower classification. They could not compete with the big boys with middle schoolers. As for a dynasty it will be a great acheivement for anyone in Hamilton County to do that on a state level with so many schools and a small population.

That makes sense but I looked for it and found their expected 9-11 enrollment was already 950 (the number used by the TSSAA before the football season even started). I wouldn't be surprised if it's several hundred more already.

East Hamilton had 80 players this year with freshmen through juniors, and I'm guessing probably a much smaller junior class than in the other grades. Anyone thinking they won't be a threat soon is in denial. (But they still should be in Class AAA/6A football playoffs :P )

This year will be a lot better than last but I expect that it will really show in the 2011 season, after these boys get some experience under their belts. Hurricanes had a tough season this year, but you have to consider that they had no senior class, were playing in one of the toughest brackets 4AA and played some strong opposition with programs that have existed for a long time, had little or no time to practice, no field to practice on, no weight room, never played as a team before... a tough start.

EH had some good talent with sophmore Chris Moore @ quarterback and juniors Dylan Epperson, Brandon Parton & Cameron Knox and Freshmen Jacobey Caldwell and Logan Jackson in the backfield. They also have a strong set of recievers in juniors Brandon Williams and Andrew Leonard, sophmores Chansler Williamson and Michael Johnston and Freshman Logan Jackson. Most of these offensive guys play defense as well and help out linebackers, junior Brandon Parton, sophmore Mason Galanto and freshman Harrison Warren. And they have some standout linemen in Dakota Fearn, Stephen Jetton, Nathan Cagle, Ricky Caperton and Francisco Rodriquez.

Four freshmen started on both sides of the ball this year. Think of what it takes for freshmen to step up and play ball @ the varsity level against guys alot older and bigger. And in key positions like Jackson running back punts and kickoffs, Jackson and Caldwell taking on tailback responsiblities, Warren playing strong linebacker and Rodriquez @ defensive end (he will end up being another Jaquez Smith). Also what a big step even for the sophmores, Moore @ QB and Williamson, Johnston and Galanto being serious key players as well.

The whole group did an outstanding job for a first year program and you will see many of these kids turn out to be well known respected ball players in the upcoming years with several moving on to play college ball. EH had over 1200 yds rushing this year and although they didnt win every game, they got experience for younger players that other programs couldnt offer, like the sophmores and juniors that stayed @ OHS with promises but no play time under the lights. This next year will see some additional players @ EH who didnt get a chance to play because of TSSAA rules on their move from private schools and such, like Scott Paone who looks promising at the QB position as well as some other new talent. I say in 2011 EH will be playing OHS and the owls will have their hands full. As for the post about the recruiting....not a chance, kids are there because they can be, nobody is recruiting, this is the talent that OHS lost....but yall keep on busing them into OHS.... The coaching staff @ EH is the best and will make sure these boys present a different showing next year. Good things are gonna happen with this program, a new stadium coming, lots of support and I see a state title in just a few years.

East Hamilton is horrible and all the TROUBLE kids from Ooltewah are there and the GOOD kids are calling Ooltewah everyday trying to COME BACK ASAP..............coaching interest for Ooltewah are as follows Alcoa s coach (cant remeber his name) Charlie Wiggins(ND/Lafayette) Ralph Potter(makes about 120,000 @ BA) cant afford to come and loose the money and last but not least the secret weapon(a local coach at a small school who cant get hired in GA)...................might as well take Wiggins cause Ooltewah already has 2 ND x coaches. :P

Thats funny 2 seam! Ooltewah is becoming Notre Dame North with all the coaches they hire from there. Is everyone in administration Catholic?????? Charlie Wiggins would be a joke of a hire! What about the O-line guy who played at Ole Miss and has coached at Arkansas and UTC. Thats a pretty darn good resume`. He is on the staff now. Dont know his name but Monroe hired him 2 years ago. Someone tell us his name????

East Hamilton is horrible and all the TROUBLE kids from Ooltewah are there and the GOOD kids are calling Ooltewah everyday trying to COME BACK ASAP..............coaching interest for Ooltewah are as follows Alcoa s coach (cant remeber his name) Charlie Wiggins(ND/Lafayette) Ralph Potter(makes about 120,000 @ BA) cant afford to come and loose the money and last but not least the secret weapon(a local coach at a small school who cant get hired in GA)...................might as well take Wiggins cause Ooltewah already has 2 ND x coaches. :popcorneater:

I really hope you are not putting much hope on getting Rankin from Alcoa. Putting in for other jobs EVERY year is his method of getting a pay hike (school/boosters) from where ever he is at. dry.gif