Ooltewah Football

TNsteeler

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_167593.asp

This is something I mentioned about East Hamilton earlier and it indirectly affects Ooltewah.

I think their 1,850 estimate for next year is too low, if they already have 1,524 bodies in class in the freshmen through junior classes. The junior class, guessing, isn't as large as the younger grades since many would likely not want to switch for their final two years of school.

This was also a big mistake by the TSSAA, there's no way a 1,524 student school, even with no senior class, should be playing in Class AA for two years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_167593.asp

This is something I mentioned about East Hamilton earlier and it indirectly affects Ooltewah.

I think their 1,850 estimate for next year is too low, if they already have 1,524 bodies in class in the freshmen through junior classes. The junior class, guessing, isn't as large as the younger grades since many would likely not want to switch for their final two years of school.

This was also a big mistake by the TSSAA, there's no way a 1,524 student school, even with no senior class, should be playing in Class AA for two years.

Ask East Hamilton how their football team will fare in 2010.

Hey Phishdad, I got the news recently about your OLD Ball coach that you so admire. Went are you going to start pulling for East Hamilton. Oh yeah all that talk you did at the end of last year didn't quiet work out the way you planned. I guess Ooltewah had to play the tournament that you already had them winning. Anyway in the future maybe you can be a little more humble since being aarogant didn't work out to well. Go East Hamilton.... :hungry: : :hungry:

by 1. phishdad2 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:38 pm

The bottom line is that these kids are choosing to play for Benny Monroe......period.....

By BEAST27 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:54 am

How many games did OHS JV play last year....ONE. Kids were practice dummys. Talk is that he is gone after this season. Then what? I think I would rather go where a program is building and play rather than take a chance on the unknown. Again, I think the Hurricane program will develop quicker than most folks think....

by BEAST27 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:48 pm

Sophmore kids that stayed @ OHS probably won't ever play for Monroe, he will be gone after this year. Just saw the OHS - McCallie scrimmage, Owls didnt look that good, what happened to their offensive line.....are they all Hurricane players now. I told ya'll OHS was gonna feel losing those players from East Brainerd and south Ooltewah that have fed that program for so many years. Ya'll watch the Hurricane program develop real quick.....

TOLD YOU SO.....GO CANES