Ooltewah Football

TNsteeler

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indian, come on now big guy! I believe you made the comment about the Owls first! We can take it...Its just a little fun! We did not mean to hurt your little feelings! If you cant talk a little trash its no fun! I know sometimes rivalries may get heated on here and people say things they dont mean but dont call us out and then not expect us to join in on the fun!!!

As for the other posts...all we ask for is for parity among the fans who post!!! Dont remove Owl posts that are insulting and not others...Your personal feelings should not come into play when you are moderating!

:rolleyes:

I know this is OT but my son, who is not a football player, but works out at the school, is a big fan of Coach Dunbar. I'm glad to hear that from him because I think its important for kids to leave high school and look back at their high school coaches as people that made them better people. It doesn't neccesarily have to be the head coach, all the time. My older son still considers Coach Henderson his mentor and he's been out of high school three years. I think its great and I wish more coaches understood and appreciated that dynamic. Parents and fathers need to be the example in the kid's life, but it also helps if they have coaches that mentor them in areas where the parents might come up short. So I'm thankful that Coach Dunbar is having such a big impact on my son. I just wanted to give big kudos to a man that rarely is mentioned or talked about, but is very important.

Indian, come on now big guy! I believe you made the comment about the Owls first! We can take it...Its just a little fun! We did not mean to hurt your little feelings! If you cant talk a little trash its no fun! I know sometimes rivalries may get heated on here and people say things they dont mean but dont call us out and then not expect us to join in on the fun!!!

As for the other posts...all we ask for is for parity among the fans who post!!! Dont remove Owl posts that are insulting and not others...Your personal feelings should not come into play when you are moderating!

:D

The only things that were removed were ones over the top. Things that remained, on both sides, were probably just not seen.

No feelings hurt, "my team" doesn't even play Ooltewah unless maybe in a random tournament somewhere in the spring.

:popcorneater:

ditto

I know this is OT but my son, who is not a football player, but works out at the school, is a big fan of Coach Dunbar. I'm glad to hear that from him because I think its important for kids to leave high school and look back at their high school coaches as people that made them better people. It doesn't neccesarily have to be the head coach, all the time. My older son still considers Coach Henderson his mentor and he's been out of high school three years. I think its great and I wish more coaches understood and appreciated that dynamic. Parents and fathers need to be the example in the kid's life, but it also helps if they have coaches that mentor them in areas where the parents might come up short. So I'm thankful that Coach Dunbar is having such a big impact on my son. I just wanted to give big kudos to a man that rarely is mentioned or talked about, but is very important.

double ditto

I have heard good things about Coach Dunbar...... good story and good post MineThatBird :popcorneater:

with all the athletes that White Station had, I think that Ooltewah would have had a better chance than Maryville

Maryville was dominated

W Station reminded me of the ole Cleveland, Benny Monroe coached teams.....no matter who touches the balll.....they might score......speed, speed, and more speed