#4 Daniel Boone (10-2) @ #2 Sullivan South (10-2) 3rd Round

There are some facts. Catholic had the biggest badest O line South has seen this year. Cozart was fast yes, but more importantly he was quick. Quick as lightning...alot like another RB of recent memory in the valley. The Rebel D all but shut them down in the first half with Cozart few if any positive yards. Stacy elected to punt on 2 consecutive 4th and 1's. I'm sorry, not in the playoffs. You have to pull out the stops. We get those first downs we score points. South already had the momentum and with another score or two Catholic would have been done. The second half was all Catholic with one exception. South's last drive was in true Rebel form. The South O plays best in attack mode. Sometimes Stacy gets too conservative. That can be a dangerous thing at this point in the game. But in the last drive the O showed their colors. And the play calling was wonderful. If that O comes to play Friday night then Boone will have their hands full. The Rebel D has their work cut out for them from the get go...we know this. I don't understand the empty stands. It's like because we lost to the Vikings the fans gave up. Cap, Homey, Batman...there is always plenty of parking across from the baseball field. No need to pay the parking fee. What a game. :popcorneater:

Well I know a lot of former boone students will be out there in red and gold, some for the first time in years. Should be um....packed to say the least.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will come down to who wants it more! The team that really wants to advance further into the championship chase. It has been said before and I will echo it again "Boone has nothing to lose!" At the beginning of this season this team wasnt predicted to even stay above water in the conference, let along be deep into the playoffs. These boys just love playing football and that what they want to do! #5 "Coach give me the ball! This is my senior year I want the ball" These were the words said right before he pounded the ball eight consecutive times and ended up in the endzone bummed shoulder and all. Boone just faced the best passing attack they have seen all year and they shut it down! So good luck with your spread O. Also Bobby better run the ball the best he ever has because that Boone D shuts down the run, period. St. Clair has missed a few games due to the back injury and the O line better block because #58, #40, #16, and #5 will put him on the ground. They did this last week until Harmon self destructed, and expect nothing different this week. As goes for the South D, ya better hope they can stop the Boone momentum. The pass to Collins last week sent Boone rolling and they never looked back. Also the Boone O was able to run the ball even without one of their key players, Sanders. Boone has beat the three city schools and the county rival, and the only monkey left on their back is South. Boone has one team to show up and thats the team that wants to win, no matter what the cost. Im not sure anyone has the slightest clue the problem that south has on their hands. Show up looking for a good game in death valley but I think everyone will be surprised of the outcome!

This game will come down to who wants it more! The team that really wants to advance further into the championship chase. It has been said before and I will echo it again "Boone has nothing to lose!" At the beginning of this season this team wasnt predicted to even stay above water in the conference, let along be deep into the playoffs. These boys just love playing football and that what they want to do! #5 "Coach give me the ball! This is my senior year I want the ball" These were the words said right before he pounded the ball eight consecutive times and ended up in the endzone bummed shoulder and all. Boone just faced the best passing attack they have seen all year and they shut it down! So good luck with your spread O. Also Bobby better run the ball the best he ever has because that Boone D shuts down the run, period. St. Clair has missed a few games due to the back injury and the O line better block because #58, #40, #16, and #5 will put him on the ground. They did this last week until Harmon self destructed, and expect nothing different this week. As goes for the South D, ya better hope they can stop the Boone momentum. The pass to Collins last week sent Boone rolling and they never looked back. Also the Boone O was able to run the ball even without one of their key players, Sanders. Boone has beat the three city schools and the county rival, and the only monkey left on their back is South. Boone has one team to show up and thats the team that wants to win, no matter what the cost. Im not sure anyone has the slightest clue the problem that south has on their hands. Show up looking for a good game in death valley but I think everyone will be surprised of the outcome!

Wow, you sold me. I've installed Boone as a 20 pt. favorite. :roflol:

Wow, you sold me. I've installed Boone as a 20 pt. favorite. :roflol:

I'm with you Volman. :roflol:

Oh...momma mia.....I guess this post makes our boy's nervous...get real you make out like our boy's will be afraid....I don't think so..we can throw the punches right with you big boy. Boone has a great team with great kids with first class coaches and fans but buddy if you think we want be ready for war you will be the one leaving with alot of crow to eat. as far as nothing to lose..we don't have anything to lose either because if you do lose there's no tomorrow..good luck to both teams and I pray for a injury free game with good sportmanship on both sides.....and good refs..lol :roflol:

Records

South 10-2

Boone 10-2

Opponents Records

South 78-64

Boone 77-66

Common Opponents Score

South 176-114

Boone 182-86

Latest Reg. Season Common Opponent

10/23/09 South 24 @ Crockett 6

10/30/09 Crockett 7 @ Boone 28

Elmo Branam (as of 11/7) has Boone as a .654 point favorite not counting the 2.925 home field advantage.

Sonny Moore (as of 11/16) has South as a 4.33 favorite not counting the 2.0 home field advantage.

On paper, pregame, this has to be the closest match up one could possibly envision. I believe this was evidenced in the first game. Even with the turnovers by South and Boone's players puking on the field, it was destined to be close at the end. To expect anything different this time because of a win over TH(see above) is just thinking with your heart and not your head.

Expect mistakes, penalties and the kicking game to be the only real difference.

South 27

Boone 24

Wow, you sold me. I've installed Boone as a 20 pt. favorite. :D

I'm with you Volman. :shock:

Right...I believe you two when I see it.

It'll be a shootout, plain and simple, just like the first game. There is a possibility, however, for a nice 20 point game...but by either team. Whoever gets the momentum and keeps it could do that, and we known South has confidence against Boone. Ain't been beat by them since 1999, so I'd say South is in Boone's heads. The only thing that can get Boone out of that slump is to get and mad play to beat South, not play to go to the 4th round. I think if they concentrate on that and play like last week....it will be Boone all the way. If not, if South is kept in the game and even if it goes to OT....South will win it plain and simple.

Right...I believe you two when I see it.

It'll be a shootout, plain and simple, just like the first game. There is a possibility, however, for a nice 20 point game...but by either team. Whoever gets the momentum and keeps it could do that, and we known South has confidence against Boone. Ain't been beat by them since 1999, so I'd say South is in Boone's heads. The only thing that can get Boone out of that slump is to get and mad play to beat South, not play to go to the 4th round. I think if they concentrate on that and play like last week....it will be Boone all the way. If not, if South is kept in the game and even if it goes to OT....South will win it plain and simple.

These posts are quite funny. It's obvious that a couple of you Boone posters are thinking you are going to blow us out. That's fine. And it might happen. But, if you think it, go ahead and say it. I like that, "if South is kept in the game......". :shock:

I never would have thought 'Boone would have beaten the Vikings. It was just impossible. But they did...so let that soak in.

You don't make it to this game you ain't a football fan. It was nice to see Beloosia (sp) and the Knox West boys there in support of South. These guys have become best friends...blood brothers no less. They are twin sons of different mothers. A comradarie to last a lifetime. We miss him everyday. They get to see him everyday. When we meet next year it will be a revival. Rock of Ages.

The Rebels will be ready. Their power is back. Quietly setting the attonement preparing for perfect harmonics.

Bobeye...step forward...accept your stripes. You earned your command. Lead your Rebels into battle. Empower your Generals and their subordinates. Unleash your Defensive Dogs of War. Prepare your Archers, ready the infantry, and load the Artillery for the day of requiem is near. Prepare well for fallen hearts are with you.