Austin-East @ Elizabethton Quarterfinals

EHSTrack06

Well Said!!!!

Etown has stuggle in recent years but I played with Coach Witten when Etown was a power house and we did play up! Every school we played was much bigger but we always came to play!!! Until the fourth round when we always hit Maryville. Coach Witten knows what it takes in the playoffs and he knows that any team left will be good!! AE is good but I know the CYCLONES will be ready and playing at home will be the difference!!!

Great Job to both teams this year!

GO CYCLONES!

It feels good to be talking about betsy in the quarterfinales because it hasn't happened in awhile . I think it will be a common occurrence for years to come . GO BETSY

I'm still keeping up Lawnman, Good luck this week and hopefully Carter Co can keep it rolling. I've tried telling people all year long that you guys are for real, I guess you'll just have to show um. AE is definately a tough opponent ,but they are not better than that Asheville team you guys played. GOOOOOCYCLONESSSSSSSSSSS

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This being our first year in a long time going this far in the playoffs is awesome. i still will stick by my statement and say EHS wants this game more and that + home field will be a big advantage. We played Asheville who imo is a better team then AE so EHS won't be intimidated by a 64-0 score but AE will definitely be one of our top 2 games so far. Do not underestimate EHS or it will be a long drive home.

Well Said!!!!

Etown has stuggle in recent years but I played with Coach Witten when Etown was a power house and we did play up! Every school we played was much bigger but we always came to play!!! Until the fourth round when we always hit Maryville. Coach Witten knows what it takes in the playoffs and he knows that any team left will be good!! AE is good but I know the CYCLONES will be ready and playing at home will be the difference!!!

GO CYCLONES!

It feels good to be talking about betsy in the quarterfinales because it hasn't happened in awhile . I think it will be a common occurrence for years to come . GO BETSY

I'm still keeping up Lawnman, Good luck this week and hopefully Carter Co can keep it rolling. I've tried telling people all year long that you guys are for real, I guess you'll just have to show um. AE is definately a tough opponent ,but they are not better than that Asheville team you guys played. GOOOOOCYCLONESSSSSSSSSSS

Thanks pujo and i am pulling for hampton as well .

Pudding thanks for the complements and i do aggree that betsy is as quick as any team in 3A and both teams have played good schedules .

Any team in 3A in the whole state? Have you seen Tyner, Howard, Alcoa, Austin-East, Pearl-Cohn?? I suspect that this opinion has no basis. Maybe they are as quick as anybody in north east TN.

Has anyone on this post seen Austin-East play? Austin-East has more team speed than Elizabethton. I've seen betsy on film.

Well Said!!!!

GO CYCLONES!

Powerhouse? Did you mean to say north east TN powerhouse for three years? Every time Elizabethton played somebody from Knoxville, they lost...

1995 lost to Powell in the 1st round

1996 lost to Powell in the 1st round

1997 lost to Maryville in the semis

1998 lost to Maryville in the semis

1999 lost to Knox Central in the semis

2000 lost to Greeneville in the 2nd round

Who has Elizabethton ever beat that was not in north east TN?

Greeneville is not a Knox area school but EHS did beat them and Morristown West in 98 and Cocke County in 97 and 99 and 2002 and Morristown East in 97. I know what you are saying and facts are facts and EHS lost to CAK this season. You play and hopefully EHS will get that big win over a Knox Area school this Friday and if not they will play their next game in August.

First of all i want to say great job last week cyclones, as for all the comments about who has the most speed and who played the toughest and best teams this year thats all in the eyes of the fans cause none of that will matter friday night.It will be a new game either you will win or you go home i guess a lot of austin east fans think if you dont play teams from Knoxville you dont play anybody thats what i hope every player from Austin-east thinks friday night ill bet you they want think that when they get back on the bus to go home. This game will come down to who has biggest HEART and who wants it the most and i know the seniors at betsy want to keep playing.ELIZABETHTON 21 AUSTIN-EAST 14

Greeneville is not a Knox area school but EHS did beat them and Morristown West in 98 and Cocke County in 97 and 99 and 2002 and Morristown East in 97. I know what you are saying and facts are facts and EHS lost to CAK this season. You play and hopefully EHS will get that big win over a Knox Area school this Friday and if not they will play their next game in August.

I know that Greeneville is a north east TN team also. I listed the 2000 season just to show that it was only three consecutive seasons that they made it to the semis, and 2000 was back to normal.

History has shown that we haven't done well against 4A and larger schools in the playoffs but this year we are where we are supposed to be playing 3A. I would have liked to see those years if EHS played in their 3A conference instead of playing up. I can't wait for this Friday though, never have I looked this forward to a game.

First of all i want to say great job last week cyclones, as for all the comments about who has the most speed and who played the toughest and best teams this year thats all in the eyes of the fans cause none of that will matter friday night.It will be a new game either you will win or you go home i guess a lot of austin east fans think if you dont play teams from Knoxville you dont play anybody thats what i hope every player from Austin-east thinks friday night ill bet you they want think that when they get back on the bus to go home. This game will come down to who has biggest HEART and who wants it the most and i know the seniors at betsy want to keep playing.ELIZABETHTON 21 AUSTIN-EAST 14

You're right. This game won't have anything to do with scheme, preparation, or talent... just "HEART." I guess this is the first year that Elizabethton has "wanted it the most." I guess Austin-East is out of luck because this year Elizabethton wants to win really bad. I'm sure that Greeneville (in 2008), Daniel Boone (in 2005), Tennessee (in 2004), Cherokee (in 2003), and Morristown West (in 2002) all appreciate the fact that those teams did not "want it the most."

History has shown that we haven't done well against 4A and larger schools in the playoffs but this year we are where we are supposed to be playing 3A. I would have liked to see those years if EHS played in their 3A conference instead of playing up. I can't wait for this Friday though, never have I looked this forward to a game.

You talk about playing up. Greeneville played up too. Prior to this year, Greeneville and Elizabethton would have been in 3A. Since 2000, Greeneville has beat Elizabethton 7 times and only lost once (2004). Maybe Elizabethton wins one or two more games if they don't play up, but they would not have beaten Fulton or Austin-East from 2000-2008, or Catholic from 2003-2008. The best Knoxville teams are better than the best north east TN teams.

The best Knoxville teams are better than the best north east TN teams.

Traditionally maybe so. But since you chose the present tense verb "are" better, let's go with that... the present. Check your facts.

First, we'll give you 6A but there are only two 6A schools in NET to start and DB seems to find a way to bow out early every year. 6A is certainly stronger in other areas of the state. 5A in NET still has South and Boone left... any team left from Knoxville? 4A has a very good GreenEville team left.... you can't have G'town. Knoxville anyone? 3A Your roadrunners get their shot at Elizabethton. Surely you don't try to include 3A Alcoa into Knoxville, right? I bet they don't consider themselves "Knoxville"! 2A Hampton is still fighting for NET... Not even sure if there are 2A teams in the K'town metropolis? 1A Your hope lies in knox Grace. (I admit very few people even follow 1A. Blah. Just can't stomach it.) So, as of the present, your better teams are currently preparing for basketball.

Oh, and just keep giving the Cyclones fodder to work with. I'm sure Coach Witten is ready to have his Cyclones lay down and roll over for you.