"Battle of the Boro"-Round TWO!

Lost Old Dad

I think whoever wins this game wins the state. I will be there to watch wherever it's played. (moving it to mtsu is not such a bad idea, as long as Oakland is NOT allowed to use their p.a. announcer)

How early would a person need to arrive to have a seat on either side if it's played at Riverdale as planned?

:lol:

I am trying to organize a tailgate party starting around 4:00 or so for folks who want to skip the traffic. :thumb:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue Raiders will be going for their 8th win (GOING "BOWLING" THIS SEASON BABY) the following day at Floyd. That has yet to be mentioned and probably would rule out a HS game being played on the field the night before. In a perfect world, I'd like for MT to have their game as scheduled at 3:30 Saturday and then the Battle Of The Boro could follow right after the conclusion of that...It could draw more attendance for both events. However, that has like a zero percent chance of happening.

Actually, forget playing it at Floyd. My first ever Riverdale game I went to was in the 1998 playoffs at Floyd when the Warriors lost to none other than...Oakland.

The Blue Raiders will be going for their 8th win (GOING "BOWLING" THIS SEASON BABY) the following day at Floyd. That has yet to be mentioned and probably would rule out a HS game being played on the field the night before. In a perfect world, I'd like for MT to have their game as scheduled at 3:30 Saturday and then the Battle Of The Boro could follow right after the conclusion of that...It could draw more attendance for both events. However, that has like a zero percent chance of happening.

Actually, forget playing it at Floyd. My first ever Riverdale game I went to was in the 1998 playoffs at Floyd when the Warriors lost to none other than...Oakland.

Playing on Saturday after Friday probably isn't a problem. Before Riverdale and Oakland had their own stadiums Middle hosted a high school game EVERY Friday night whether they were home the next day or not. Money would be an issue. Have to pay for security and cleanup. Lost concessions revenue. See what I mean?

At that playoff game in 98, there were over 20,000 people there. If anywhere near that many show up Friday, it could get ugly - off the field! Oakland 17, Riverdale 7.

Blackman and Siegel have come into being since '98. My guess was there was around 8,000 at Blackman last Friday night and we may get 10,000 this Friday if weather is as nice as it was yesterday.

Just think tdntn......your first taste of OHS/RHS football was one of my sweetest memories ever! Nice to know that you were at that game and saw how this fine town can come out and support their teams. I think you will see the same result this Friday. I don't want the game moved to MTSU. I like the closer feel to the field myself at our stadiums and imagine the players do too. The coaches probably don't though.......imagine Watson hated being able to hear the fans calling for his head. I can't imagine how early we will have to get to Tomahawk. I may have to hire some high school kids to save seats for my crew so I can relax a few before game time. As a matter of fact, I think I have hit on a great gameplan for me. Now if I can only get rid of this horrible hacking cough before then. I think this one is going to be a classic.

Lost Old Dad asked a really good question on the Maryville-Farragut board. I'm going to rephase it to get your opinions. I would like to here from Oakland and Riverdale. Assuming your team wins, who would you like to face in Round 4...Maryyville or Farragut? I know, one week at a time, but let's just imagine here. Good luck to both teams, stay healthy, and I am hoping to see either team in Maryville in Round 4.

We should have us a great game. Two Mr Football finalists on opposite sides of the lines (hopefully no one gets between these two). Riverdale's wing-T running attack against a great defensive line at Oakland. But, then again, the Oakland offense is not too shabby, nor is the Riverdale defense. The only advantage to a game at MTSU is with all of the rain, the Riverdale field is probably not in great shape. Riverdale loses home field advantage, but one-half of the gate already goes to TSSAA, and one-fourth to each of the schools (do you make enough at concession to pay for the officers, ticket takers, etc?). A coaching staff at Oakland with a strong Riverdale history and a desire to get even for earlier in the year. The boys from both school know each other playing together at CMS and against each other for a few years. My prediction is a lot of very hard hitting. Is it Friday yet?????? I can't wait.

Go Oakland!

Lost Old Dad asked a really good question on the Maryville-Farragut board. I'm going to rephase it to get your opinions. I would like to here from Oakland and Riverdale. Assuming your team wins, who would you like to face in Round 4...Maryyville or Farragut? I know, one week at a time, but let's just imagine here. Good luck to both teams, stay healthy, and I am hoping to see either team in Maryville in Round 4.

With no disrespect to either of those school I am not at all worried about them our full focus is on oakland however if farragut wins we willbe the home team so that is the only way that i would care but a road trip on the friday after thanksgiving is always fun too