#6 Gallatin (9-3) @ #2 Beech (10-2) - 3rd Round

Gtowner

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless things are different from the game I saw a few weeks ago, this comes down to who has fewer mistakes and makes the plays they're supposed to. Gallatin's back had big numbers, but the majority came on two plays. I believe overall team speed goes to Beech in this one and a dry field helps them.

The field at Beech looked good last week, so its a matter of this week's weather. I look for Gallatin to get a good heavy dose of #21 and I think he is as good as anyone in the area, different runner, but every bit as good as anyone at Gallatin.

I look for Beech to move on to next week in a close one...

Unless things are different from the game I saw a few weeks ago, this comes down to who has fewer mistakes and makes the plays they're supposed to. Gallatin's back had big numbers, but the majority came on two plays....

In most cases, i would agree that if a player gets alot of his yards on one or two carries that it isn't as attractive, but when he is ripping off one or two huge ones every single week, you can't discount that yardage. That is the kind of runner Perry is. You might bottle him up for a while, but sooner or later he is going to juke you right out of your shoes and the next thing you know he has five steps on the closest defender.

Beech will embarrass gallatin in this one.....

Gallatin is a team with a mission...I saw it two weeks ago at Clarksville Northwest and then listened to the 'mission' online against a very strong Henry County. I think their emotional loss a few weeks back did nothing but help the team unify and get a mindset. I believe it will be Gallatin all the way and this Northwest fan is backing them strongly. Their fan base and team players were first class when visiting us a few weeks back. I wish Coach Lassister and the Green Wave :roflolk: nothing but success from here on out....heck, I might even drive up from Clarksville to watch this one!

Go GREEN and GOLD!

My inside source at MJ loaned me the Gallatin/HC film. Man, has Gallatin improved. Beech played pretty well both times I watched them, especially against MJ, but if Gallatin can come close to a repeat performance, they will run Beech off the field. That single film has caused me to switch courses drastically, I see Gallatin having this one wrapped up before the third quarter expires. They cannot be playing the underdog role after manhandling a superb HC team less than a week ago.

Gallatin 35

Beech 17

Nice try...but I don't believe you!!

You are just getting the Beech players fired up. Your score prediction would be nice but it is unrealistic. Beech will not allow Gallatin to score 35 pts. This game is going to be close.

Stop the presses so Gwave1 can express his disbelief. Why would I care about the Beech players getting fired up? They got screwed in the 7-0 game, they don't need any of us to fire them up.

gtowner, I think he was talking about the Beech game in particular with the long runs comment, not the season in it's entirety. In the case on that night, your back was bottled up on every play other than those two long runs.

Trulyblessed and patfan ...we understand that you are pulling for the wave because they are the reason your boys are squeak squeaking on the basketball court right now and we also understand you won't say anything worth reading. Please, unless you have some insight, predictions, or anything less vanilla than you have posted, consider your job done and stop wasting our time.

If anyone cares, Mt. Juliet will be under new management next year.

With all that said, I stand by my comment that Gallatin is the favorite after knocking off the #1, although it is obvious they were extremely, extremely overrated and would have finished #3 at best in the district we are all involved in. Beech hasn't beaten anyone in the playoffs that deserved to be in the playoffs. Clarksville schools are spread too thin. Just look at what it did to Henry Co.

Stop the presses so Gwave1 can express his disbelief. Why would I care about the Beech players getting fired up? They got screwed in the 7-0 game, they don't need any of us to fire them up.

gtowner, I think he was talking about the Beech game in particular with the long runs comment, not the season in it's entirety. In the case on that night, your back was bottled up on every play other than those two long runs.

Trulyblessed and patfan ...we understand that you are pulling for the wave because they are the reason your boys are squeak squeaking on the basketball court right now and we also understand you won't say anything worth reading. Please, unless you have some insight, predictions, or anything less vanilla than you have posted, consider your job done and stop wasting our time.

If anyone cares, Mt. Juliet will be under new management next year.

With all that said, I stand by my comment that Gallatin is the favorite after knocking off the #1, although it is obvious they were extremely, extremely overrated and would have finished #3 at best in the district we are all involved in. Beech hasn't beaten anyone in the playoffs that deserved to be in the playoffs. Clarksville schools are spread too thin. Just look at what it did to Henry Co.

Marked...please enjoy your basketball season.

Marked how did they get screwed in the last game, the fumble at the goal line? Or did a ghost ref knock the dropped touchdown away or maybe the ref pushed the back over so he could call a motion penalty.

Just wondering how they got screwed or if they just screwed themselves.

But neither team had their best night that game. We turned the ball over several times on our side of the field and beech couldnt punch it in. I expect both to show up this week and it should be a great one.

Here are some Beech stats of interest

Travis Haymer 201 carries 1257 yards 19 tds

Jonathan Sites 68 carries 558 yards 7 tds

Jarod Neal 108 attempts 55 completions 945 yards 13 tds and 4 ints

Max Zinchini 19 receptions for 337 yards and 8 tds

Several other major contributors in Haley and Gomer

Very, very, good offensive squad!

"Trulyblessed and patfan ...we understand that you are pulling for the wave because they are the reason your boys are squeak squeaking on the basketball court right now and we also understand you won't say anything worth reading. Please, unless you have some insight, predictions, or anything less vanilla than you have posted, consider your job done and stop wasting our time"

Sorry marked, you don't like vanilla.....predications huh?

Gallatin by 14

My insight, The wave's quarterback is scrappy. More insight, Gallatin out coached Henry Co.

marked, relax, enjoy the ride. :roflolk: and....basketball is not my sport.