Maryville and Riverdale Battle of the "BIG BOYS"

matback

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im an oak ridger, and i can say that other than alcoa, we gave maryville the best game they have had all year... i think if maryville and alcoa played again, maryville would handle them this time, i wholeheartedly believe that... anyways, i have seen maryville play 3 times in the regular season, and all of their playoff games (am bron and raised oak ridge), but live in maryville now... i can tell you one thing, maryville is on a mission right now to prove all the skeptics wrong that they arent good enough to win a state championship in 6a... i have seen riverdale play many times over the years against my ridgers in the mid to late 90's and even 2005 when we beat them and they are always a tremendously talented team... granted, those were rankin coached teams, and always had division 1 prospects on them, so i dont know how riverdale stacks up against their teams of the past? i cant tell you one thing though, theyre gonna have their hands full with a red rebels team that is out to make a point that they do belong with the big boys... i hope to see maryville win because i live here and its a great little city, but i have alot of respect for riverdale also... may the best team win....

WOW I Cant believe my WARRIORS are still playing we just dont deserve all this attention...I want to thank maryville in advance for allowing us to come to east TN again we havent been since we lost to OR in 05 (i really have missed not playing on the friday after thanksgiving)we understand that we dont deserve to be on yalls field but thank you for allowing us to do so I feel very fortunate to be able to attend such an event in your neck of the woods I just hope we dont go up there and embarrass ourselves with poor play...

will some of you locals tell us of a good place to eat in maryville?

GO WARRIORS

I have been wanting this game to be played for many years. Both are great programs. Should be a great ballgame. If my Bucs weren't still playing, I might of made the trip to Maryville to see this one. Good luck to both teams, and I hope for a injury free game. I think the winner of this game, will win State. I'm going with Maryville in this one.

I have been wanting this game to be played for many years. Both are great programs. Should be a great ballgame. If my Bucs weren't still playing, I might of made the trip to Maryville to see this one. Good luck to both teams, and I hope for a injury free game. I think the winner of this game, will win State. I'm going with Maryville in this one.

Riverdale can win this one. Go Warriors! Hope your team wins Fri. Go Bucs!

Well Riverdail iz all abowt "Big Boys".......Eye jist watched sum ov tha Farrah-Gut and Riverdail gaim on tha Farrah-Gut site and looked at thair roster and Riverdail will haiv tha biggust line on both sides two ever play at tha Skeeter....Nobody below 275....orr ovur 305......These fellers can tilt tha feeled......Luckily eye'll git mommaSTARS two sit on tha othur end two balance thangs out......Eye'll give tha Riverdail folk a travull guide two all tha Mairvul eatin' and sleepin' places later..... :thumb:

I don't think you can use the Farragut game as a measuring point for this one. The Riverdale team on the field is not the same team that faced Farragut back in the begining of the season. Just ask Oakland and Blackman. This team is well balanced on both sides of the ball. You can count on the Warriors and Coach A to be focused and prepared. Looking down the stats of Maryville's opposition this year and their defenses, I can't see one team, even Farragut that stacks up to the defensive stats that Riverdale has put up. Either way it's gonna to a fight. Good luck to both teams and GO WARRIORS!!!

WOW I Cant believe my WARRIORS are still playing we just dont deserve all this attention...I want to thank maryville in advance for allowing us to come to east TN again we havent been since we lost to OR in 05 (i really have missed not playing on the friday after thanksgiving)we understand that we dont deserve to be on yalls field but thank you for allowing us to do so I feel very fortunate to be able to attend such an event in your neck of the woods I just hope we dont go up there and embarrass ourselves with poor play...

GO WARRIORS

You will find that MARYVILLE is a very gracious and accommodating place. I do not believe however that anyone has said that "yall" do not deserve to be on our field. I can assure you of one thing for certain... "yall" will be treated just as any other team / program that comes to THE BLACKHOLE. WELCOME.

GO WARRIORS

You will find that MARYVILLE is a very gracious and accommodating place. I do not believe however that anyone has said that "yall" do not deserve to be on our field. I can assure you of one thing for certain... "yall" will be treated just as any other team / program that comes to THE BLACKHOLE. WELCOME.

Agree! We up here in Maryville have nothing but great respect for Riverdale. We are honored to have the opportunity to play and perhaps defeat a great program like Riverdale during the post season. A win by the Rebels will more clearly solidify Maryville's position in Tennessee High School Football at a greater extent than it is now. A loss only means MHS missed an opportunity, nothing more. Maryville is the new face of the big boys in Upper Tennessee. I am looking forward to seeing you and glad to be playing in Maryville’s 10th consecutive record appearance in the semi finals.