Maryville and Riverdale Battle of the "BIG BOYS"

matback

Appreciate the video again and YES, I do believe they are that good and I do believe they can put up 30+ points on any team in Tennessee. Again, this is just my opinion. This game could end up 3-0 for all we know but IMO Maryville can and will move the ball on Riverdale like it or not. Also, how does this Riverdale team compare to last years Hillsboro team? I haven't followed either team as much as some of the ET teams so anyone who can give a fair opinion would be helpful. Unless Maryville comes out and starts turning the ball over this will be a lesson for Riverdale. If Riverdale comes to Maryville and wins, it means that they were the better team and we have something to look forward to next year.

I am real HONORED to be allowed to play this game against maryville. We understand that we are not as powerful as maryville nor do we have as many atheletes as Maryville In fact i cant believe we are actually gonna play this game I should save the gas money and ticket money and time and not show up BUT I do appreciate that you are going to allow us to play this game but please go easy on us

thank you

RIVERDALEMAN

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am real HONORED to be allowed to play this game against maryville. We understand that we are not as powerful as maryville nor do we have as many atheletes as Maryville In fact i cant believe we are actually gonna play this game I should save the gas money and ticket money and time and not show up BUT I do appreciate that you are going to allow us to play this game but please go easy on us thank you

RIVERDALEMAN

Lou Holtz! Is that you?

Riverdaleman, let's get something straight, quit doing STARSNBARS schtick, w/out the accent. :roflol::roflol:

Actually, STARSNBARS was very excited to play Riverdale. He said something about a distant cousin named Jughead and some girl named Veronica. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was a different Riverdale. :lol:

I am real HONORED to be allowed to play this game against maryville. We understand that we are not as powerful as maryville nor do we have as many atheletes as Maryville In fact i cant believe we are actually gonna play this game I should save the gas money and ticket money and time and not show up BUT I do appreciate that you are going to allow us to play this game but please go easy on us thank you

RIVERDALEMAN

Actually, STARSNBARS was very excited to play Riverdale. He said something about a distant cousin named Jughead and some girl named Veronica. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was a different Riverdale. :roflol:

Red Rebulls...Hit aint???....... :lol:

Eye shore didunt know ewe wuz a raydio man........ :roflol:

Actually, STARSNBARS was very excited to play Riverdale. He said something about a distant cousin named Jughead and some girl named Veronica. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was a different Riverdale. :lol:

:roflol::roflol:

Eye shore didunt know ewe wuz a raydio man........ :lol:

Seems like the U of M has plenty of radio 'personalities' but the press box is too small to fit all of them in. And it sure doesn't have a pedestal three way mirror for our 'Archie' to sell suits on.

Appreciate the video again and YES, I do believe they are that good and I do believe they can put up 30+ points on any team in Tennessee. Again, this is just my opinion. This game could end up 3-0 for all we know but IMO Maryville can and will move the ball on Riverdale like it or not. Also, how does this Riverdale team compare to last years Hillsboro team? I haven't followed either team as much as some of the ET teams so anyone who can give a fair opinion would be helpful. Unless Maryville comes out and starts turning the ball over this will be a lesson for Riverdale. If Riverdale comes to Maryville and wins, it means that they were the better team and we have something to look forward to next year.

I am real HONORED to be allowed to play this game against maryville. We understand that we are not as powerful as maryville nor do we have as many atheletes as Maryville In fact i cant believe we are actually gonna play this game I should save the gas money and ticket money and time and not show up BUT I do appreciate that you are going to allow us to play this game but please go easy on us

thank you

RIVERDALEMAN

Lets get something straight. #1 I am not here talking how bad we will beat Riverdale or how horrible they are or any of that stuff; I know better than that. #2 You should be honored to play Maryville, just like we are honored to play you; these are two of the greatest traditions in TN high school football and it will be everyones honor to see these two teams play #3 No one ever said anything about you not being as strong or as athletic as Marvyille; whoever says that is an idiot because if anything, you look like the more athletic and stronger team from what I've see #4 The way you are typing you are either a HS kid or immature adult...grow up

What I have said was my opinion, not the opinion of the football team, GQ, other fans, my neighbor, the milkman or anyone else....mine alone and please correct me if I am wrong but the US is a country just like most other ones in the world which allows free speech. My opinion was based on Maryvilles past. Close game at the beginning, takes a half to adjust to the other team, comes out second half with the right adjustments and hits a team with a trick play when they least expect it in order to gain some momentum. I said it before and Ill say it again...for all we truly know outside of our opinions this game could end up 3-0 either team, thats how good they are. So please, don't try to imply anything that I type because you are probably going to be wrong. If I said something that hurts your feelings you can send me a private message and we can talk it out. I've been in this situation before (playing HS ball) and I would never get on a message board and bash anyone.

:roflol:

Eye shore didunt know ewe wuz a raydio man........ :lol:

Seems like the U of M has plenty of radio 'personalities' but the press box is too small to fit all of them in. And it sure doesn't have a pedestal three way mirror for our 'Archie' to sell suits on.

APB....Eye uhgree Ole Arch iz a man ov minny hats and suits so two speak.....Butt ewe boyz jist weight till Dr. Archie Punch pulls a Don Naman and mooves frum the Mountain intwo tha bigtime........

By tha way APB...Eye hope ewe saw inn tha Mairvul Misprint whur Jimmy Golden (aka Bunkhouse Buck) will be pullin' tha rasslin' tights bak on this weekend down at our almer tomater (Tha Allen-Wick Jim)......Wow whut a sports weekend!!!!!!......:roflol:

thank you

RIVERDALEMAN

Lets get something straight. #1 I am not here talking how bad we will beat Riverdale or how horrible they are or any of that stuff; I know better than that. #2 You should be honored to play Maryville, just like we are honored to play you; these are two of the greatest traditions in TN high school football and it will be everyones honor to see these two teams play #3 No one ever said anything about you not being as strong or as athletic as Marvyille; whoever says that is an idiot because if anything, you look like the more athletic and stronger team from what I've see #4 The way you are typing you are either a HS kid or immature adult...grow up

What I have said was my opinion, not the opinion of the football team, GQ, other fans, my neighbor, the milkman or anyone else....mine alone and please correct me if I am wrong but the US is a country just like most other ones in the world which allows free speech. My opinion was based on Maryvilles past. Close game at the beginning, takes a half to adjust to the other team, comes out second half with the right adjustments and hits a team with a trick play when they least expect it in order to gain some momentum. I said it before and Ill say it again...for all we truly know outside of our opinions this game could end up 3-0 either team, thats how good they are. So please, don't try to imply anything that I type because you are probably going to be wrong. If I said something that hurts your feelings you can send me a private message and we can talk it out. I've been in this situation before (playing HS ball) and I would never get on a message board and bash anyone.

B2B2B IMO you sound a bit jacked up. Have you been sitten in on GQ's pre-game speeches this week?

:roflolk: funny oldhoopsdad...btw how dare you have an opinon! and No, I have not been around GQ in a while. I live out of town right now and only drive in to see some (most) of the games!

I aint mad at all...I know we are at an uphill battle Maryville hasnt lost at home since 2001 and it is very tough to beat them NO MATTER WHERE YOU PLAY...they havent won all those state championships by accident...Maryville is a VERY WELL COACHED team they do not get themselves beat I do not see a high scoring game from anyone. I was very critical of our defense after the farragut game and the games before that we were not flying to the ball and really wasnt HITTING we was arm tackling HOWEVER SINCE THEN...we have been gang tackling and really poppin the pads so we may lose the game but it will but a low scoring affair in my opinion with RIVERDALE winning(im RIVERDALEMANof course i think RIVERDALE is gonna win)a close 14-7 maybe 21-7

Living in the midstate and getting to see some of the games here, I feel that Riverdale is a very battle tested and ready team. They have played pretty good teams all year and have managed a nice record for the season. With that said, I think the Wing-T is the worst offense in football. It is a pain to watch and requires no passing, which I happend to be a fan of. I also do not see Maryville losing this game. I was at the last game Maryville lost at home in 2001 to Morristown West (minus Chavez McCray). This game reminds me (A WHOLE lot) of the Red Bank Maryville Game in 2001. Red Bank was even #9 in the country was supposed to detrain the championship train with their stud Riggs and his partner Mr. Rich. They even had Maryville Red Bank joint FCA pamphlets. Anyway, I do not see GQ losing twice in the same Decade to a Wing-T offense. He is going to put together a nice package to break it up, probably put 8 in the box with a corner playing in some, and he will blitz a ton and make sure the Fullback is hit every play no matter if he has the ball or not.

MHS 34- RHS-13