Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would love to see some of the Alcoa Kids come up for this next summer.

Thanks for pointing us to the video. I was not familiar at all with The Jason Witten SCORE Foundation, but after looking over his Website, it's obvious Jason is dedicated to helping make the world a better place. It's also obvious he hasn't forgotten his roots. Congratulations to Carter County and Elizabethton (and of course, to his family) for producing a role model of his stature.

I think Elizabethton, South and Greenville have great chance of playing Next weekend... Eliz. opp. Aloca, if you look at their schedule, half the teams they beat had losing records, Maryville had several players out in week one, so I think especially playing at home the Cyclones will be a 8 point favorite.

Greenville has been the real surprise, and the Cyclones had their way with Greenville. The devils have played better in the play-offs than they did in the season but thats the way it suppose to be. South will have the toughest games, one loss came to Kingsport, but thats when they lost one of the players. All of East Tennessee will be in Nashville, (Murfreesboro) the first week of Decenber

Eliz. 24, Aloca 16

South 20, Columbia 19

Greenville 32 Whites Creek 19

I'm at senior and i play football at CAK. Each of these teams have plenty of talent. Elizabethton's running game, which CAK lacked, should keep it a tighter game at first. Elizabethton will be surprised at what they will be facing. Hopefully betsy doesnt welcome the tornados like they welcomed us in pre game.

Alcoa rolls

I think you all are so silly with the pictures and all the other crap what is it 30 some pages of junk. Do you all know anything about football? This game has nothing to do with CAK,Asheville,Loudon,Greenville its all about Alcoa and Elizabethton! Thats why there not on here flapping there gums,there focused on the task at hand! Alcoa its simple stop your run and you can be beat although that might be a big task it can be done your not unbeatable no one is! Face it Alcoa has the resources for the best of everything and they put it to good use! But a few fans show no respect to the Cyclone nation,thats ok we will still treat you with respect at our place cause thats just how we are maybe you can do the same! I fill this game will be close or a blowout but if Elizabethton holds it close in the 4th jitters could get to Alcoa cause they havent had that problem this year. But theres alot more to this game than funny lines and pics! Dont step on Cyclone pride it may not mean much to you but it means alot to us who have wore the orange and black! You ask anyone who has played us and win or lose you will know you were in a fight! Cyclones lay down for no one 5 time champs or not,Alcoa is what stands in our way and Alcoa is who we are focused on! Win or lose its been fun and both Alcoa and Elizabethton are awesome teams! Good luck to all and WELCOME TO ELIZABETHTON!!

OH YEAH MY SCORE JUST A GUESS AND A WISH!

CYCLONES------10

TORNADOS------7

Eliz. opp. Aloca (sic), if you look at their schedule, half the teams they beat had losing records, Maryville had several players out in week one, so I think especially playing at home the Cyclones will be a 8 point favorite.

You are playing fast and loose with the facts.

• Bell County, Ky. 12-1 (9-1 regular season)
    Maryville 12-1 (9-1 regular season)
    Loudon 10-3 (8-2 regular season)
    Fulton 8-4 (7-3 regular season)
    Scott County 4-7 (4-6 regular season)
    Howard 2-8
    Kingston 5-6 (5-5 regular season)
    Stone Memorial 3-8 (3-7 regular season)
    McMinn Central 7-4 (7-3 regular season)
    CAK 10-2 (9-1 regular season)
    Tyner 6-5 (6-4 regular season)
    CAK 10-2 (9-1 regular season)
    Loudon 10-3 (8-2 regular season)

Alcoa has played 13 games thus far. 9 have been against teams with winning records, 4 with losing records (69% of games against winning teams, 31% against teams losing teams).

In the regular season, Alcoa played 6 games against winning teams, 1 game against a .500 team, and 3 games against losing teams. So, even in the regular season Alcoa played 70% of its games against teams .500 or better.

Of the 13 Alcoa opponents thus far, only Howard did not make the playoffs. It's certainly debatable whether or not Kingston, Stone Memorial, and Scott County should have made the playoffs, but under the current rules, they did.

Concerning the Maryville game, I am unsure what key Maryville players missed the game. Some Maryville fans who regularly post might jog my memory. Although many Maryville fans believe that Maryville would win if the two teams played now, most agreed at the time that Alcoa was the better team the night they actually played.

It is certainly not unreasonable to pick Elizabethton to beat Alcoa Friday night. However, the reasons you cited are dubious, if not completely erroneous.

I would like to make it over to Elizabethton for this one. None of us know what will really happen, but here's my guess. Betsy hangs around for a while and gives what will be a capacity crowd reason to cheer a few times. However, deep genetics and deep, deep tradition decides the day. This is a big game for Betsy. Alcoa has played in bigger for 6 straight years and won virtually every time. No one in East Tennessee can prepare us for the collegiate-like material that we are going to see. Alcoa's speed will be the talk of the locals when this one's done and the Tornado's will pull away in big fashion. If I'm wrong I'll be on here quick to provide the Cyclones props. Losing isn't always a failure of coaches or kids. Sometimes battles just get lost because other people are better.

I think Elizabethton, South and Greenville have great chance of playing Next weekend... Eliz. opp. Aloca, if you look at their schedule, half the teams they beat had losing records, Maryville had several players out in week one, so I think especially playing at home the Cyclones will be a 8 point favorite.Greenville has been the real surprise, and the Cyclones had their way with Greenville. blah blah blah... All of East Tennessee will be in Nashville, (Murfreesboro) the first week of Decenber

Eliz. 24, Aloca 16

South 20, Columbia 19

Greenville 32 Whites Creek 19

Just what is it your smokin? I am a true, blue/purple, die hard Milan fan but HOW do you say a team that is defending state champs, and is on a 27 game winning streak is an underdog? Really? Come on man. Alcoa IS not and WILL NOT be an underdog to anyone in 3A this year.

if Elizabethton holds it close in the 4th jitters could get to Alcoa cause they havent had that problem this year.

Please. Last week against a very physical Loudon team, the score was 7-3 going into the 4th quarter. AHS didn't panic, just kept pounding the rock. That's what I've noticed about this year's team: they just keep pounding until they wear the opponent down, then they take full advantage and "take it to the house". (If I may quote the Sudderth girls...which, by the way, some people try to mimic but just make themselves look silly)

Let's talk about the schedules. The teams with losing records that Alcoa has played are in our district, except for Howard, who stepped up to play us when we had a hole in our schedule because no one would play us.

EHS schedule (* District games):

Volunteer (0-10)

Science Hill (4-6)

Happy Valley (5-5) *

Greeneville (10-3)

North (9-3) *

Asheville (11-0-1)

Unicoi (2-8)

Johnson County (5-6) *

CAK (10-2)

East (3-7) *

Cumberland Gap (5-6)

North (again: 9-3)

A-E (9-4)

Total w/l of opponents: 82-63 (counting North twice since they played twice). That's 6/13 teams that were played with losing records.

AHS' schedule:

Bell Co.: 12-1

Maryville: 12-1

Loudon: 10-3 *

Fulton: 8-4

Scott Co.: 4-7 *

Howard: 2-8

Kingston: 5-6 *

Stone Memorial: 3-8 *

McMinn Central: 7-4

CAK: 10-2 *

Tyner: 6-5

CAK: 10-2

Loudon: 10-3

Total w/l of opponents: 101-54 (counting Loudon & CAK twice since they were played twice). That's 4/13 teams played with losing records, and none of them had a winless season (sorry VHS).

So, your talk of the team playing schools with losing seasons must have been about EHS. Pretty much all through this thread, it hasn't been Alcoa fans coming on here talking about how EHS is going to get beat, it's been fans of other schools. So, don't talk to us about respect. We fully expect this game to be a hard fought game with the best team tonight coming out on top. So, no worries about AHS not giving EHS a good game:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/nov/2 ... n-lightly/

We've heard many, many times about how Alcoa may be good, but "we're faster, stronger, better prepared, want it more". I'm not saying this isn't true; just we'll see. :roflolk:

The cold won't bother Alcoa...they've played in cold before. The travel won't bother Alcoa...They're used to that. Playing during the holidays won't bother Alcoa...it's a way of life!

GO TORNADOES!

Concerning the Maryville game, I am unsure what key Maryville players missed the game. Some Maryville fans who regularly post might jog my memory. Although many Maryville fans believe that Maryville would win if the two teams played now, most agreed at the time that Alcoa was the better team the night they actually played.

No key players missing that I recall and no other excuses from my perspective. As much as I hate admitting it, we were beat by a better team that night.

Good Luck Alcoa!!!