Mitchell will win TSSAA 5A Championship

highschoolking

I agree there are some bad coaches in our city and county, but there are also some good ones and I think if you can constantly get to the playoffs and be successful then you must know what you are doing. Teams like Mitchell and White Station are in the semi's every year. Mitchell beat a good Lipscomb team that several years ago smoked them in the state game and then had Knoxville Catholic on the ropes. I watched the Spartans play in the second round win over Kirby and although I did not think they played that great in that game I still do think they have a very good shot at beating Brentwood. As far as the Middle-West Tn argument that is a way bigger picture than good or bad coaching in my opinion. Good luck to our Memphis teams!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the whole coaching reason is kinda like beating a dead horse. Not every West TN team has bad coaching. As for the Mid vs. West thing I think when it comes to teams in 5A(formerly 4A) Memphis is ALOT closer than people may give them credit for. I think in 6A it has nothing to do with coaching, maybe the Middle Tn teams were just.....better.

I am from southern middle Tennessee and I am not biased either way. I saw Mitchell play Lawrence County and I was AMAZED at how good Mitchell was offenseivly. I don't see a team in the state that can slow this offense down. If and only IF you can keep Mitchell under 40 points you might have a chance, but if you don't then it is very hard to beat that team. I will be amazed if Mitchell doesn't win the state championship. GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS!!!

Just an observation I have made... Most of the time you aren't going to win if you give up over 40 points. I guess the same could be said that if Beech scores over 40, they have a pretty good shot!

I'll go a little lower and say Beech 34, Mitchell 21.

Mitchell is good, and that reciever they got is outstanding.

I think its funn how everybody overlooks us here at beech but we havent had a losing in 5 years.

Losing only one game last year and 2 this year with 1 being a fluke with the penalties against Gallatin. The Bucs want this! And when they set their mind to it they are unstoppable..Beech wins a close one against Mitchell.

Beech 22

Mitchell 17

Wow--Mitchell with only 17 points, huh?

Incredible!

If Beech can hold Mitchell (with its FIVE dangerous playmakers) to less than 3 TDs, then Beech gets my vote for "Outstanding Defense Of The Year" award!!! I'll then go one step farther and say-- Beech will cruise to the State Title!

Even though I have never seen Beech play, I doubt VERY SERIOUSLY that Beech will be able to keep Mitchell from scoring MORE than 3 TDs.... Beech's resume does not even remotely suggest "outstanding defense!" Mitchell's resume, on the other hand, strongly suggests a "difficult to stop" high-octane offense.

-------------------------------------------

This game has "shootout" written all over it!

Note: NO RAIN in the forcast for Friday nite = Fast Track!

If Beech can hold Mitchell to 21 points then sign them all up to play college ball. Mitchell has the most high octane offense that I have ever seen, but defensively they have holes in the run game. As for that I don't see them being held to 21 points.

EVER?? REALLY?

Some of you make it sound as if Beech shouldn't even show up. If Mitchell's offense was that good they would not have a loss, regardless of how the defense plays.

Holes in the defense could be a really bad thing, as it may keep that "super offense" on the sideline. I'll stick with 21. I'm not saying they aren't good, but I have a suspicion that they'll get hit in the mouth a few times and that has a tendacy to slow offenses down a bit.

I see Haymer having a very big night...

If Beech can hold Mitchell to 21 points then sign them all up to play college ball. Mitchell has the most high octane offense that I have ever seen, but defensively they have holes in the run game. As for that I don't see them being held to 21 points.

EVER?? REALLY?

Some of you make it sound as if Beech shouldn't even show up. If Mitchell's offense was that good they would not have a loss, regardless of how the defense plays.

Holes in the defense could be a really bad thing, as it may keep that "super offense" on the sideline. I'll stick with 21. I'm not saying they aren't good, but I have a suspicion that they'll get hit in the mouth a few times and that has a tendacy to slow offenses down a bit.

I see Haymer having a very big night...

This is what makes Mitchell so special, yes they can be beat, yes they have already been hit in the mouth, but they keep coming. They are not just an explosive team that if you get tough with them then they are going to lay down. The games that they lost except of the mud bowl against White Station, they should have won those. They lost to a Whitehaven team in which they were leading in the waning minutes of the game and they were down 25 -26 against Melrose and went for the win with a two point conversion in which they didn't make it. The kids have a never say die attitude and if you blink they will be up by 2 or more td's quick. They can walk the ball down field, they can pass the ball down the field, and they can run the ball down the field, and they can for sure big play your defense to death. I am not or anyone else is discrediting Beech, we're just speaking on what we have witnessed by watching Mitchell. Mitchell can be beat, no doubt about it. Knoxville Catholic beat Mitchell last year in the state championship where Mitchell was the quickest, strongest, and more athletic team.

Eers, some are you are acting like Mitchell is a bunch of soft little kids or something. They're one of the toughest teams I've seen and I almost can assure you that they won't be held to 21 points if they are, then Beech has one good Def Co or some excellent defensive players! Mitchell is not a FINESE team, they are not SOFT, they are not SMALL, they are not WEAK MINDED so all this "they're gonna get hit in the mouth," and etc should stop before Mitchell hits them in the mouth and a close game which I think it will be, becomes a rout!

Yes. I will stick with the best offense I have ever seen for high school offense. Mitchell will get hit in the mouth, but they get right back up and throw it to #7 for a touchdown. It is amazing and all Beech fans will see what the BUZZ is about when yall play them. It truely is remarkable to watch this offense when it is on.