Trousdale Co. vs Boyd Buc

reaction

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a ton of respect for TC, but BB is from the area. I want BB to win this, but BB it WILL be the toughest game you have played in years. TC is no joke. Congrats to both teams, but my prediction is as follows:

BB-10

TC-7

At least we're getting some local support. Thanks Mike.

I don't mind the trash talking, but I'd like to see more posts with substance. I'd like to know more about why McKenzie was able to hold TC to just 1 TD?

Amen! How about some actual football info instead of poop-slingin':

Boyd runs a spread or an ''I" and has been known to go power on occasion. If the qb is on there's a good passing game. Pretty good punters, solid short-range kicker.

The defense is just different, which apparently nobody understood what I was trying to say earlier (my wife says that happens all the time.) It isn't overpowering, it isn't special, it isn't fancy, no superstars, it's just different. Got a little size, got some speed in the secondary, got a couple of undersized linebackers. All they do is stop what you are trying to do most of the time. Doesn't matter if you are Rockwood (sorry, Tigers) or South Pitt or Red Bank. TC might be the toughest O-line we will see all year and that will make for a great game. I know that y'all are well coached.

How does TC travel? Good turnout?

TC has always traveled well to Murfreesboro and Tech is a little closer. Playing on Saturday instead of Friday should also increase our crowd. TC and Tech share the same school colors. It will look like a TN Tech home game with all the purple and gold in the stands. :thumb:

Did you sit there and watch them write those things on a board? I don't work for T$$AA, so you don't need to explain to me what they were doing.

Yes, as a matter of fact he did!

Coaches got tired of hiding helmets to keep them off the field so they gave them the responsibility of charting offense/defense.

Some parents aren't comfortable sending their kids to a 2000+student school that was only designed for 1200 in a metro system that is getting worse every year (65% graduation rate) and has an administration that worships at the alter of political correctness. (Sorry, that belongs on the public/private board, I know...)

TC has always traveled well to Murfreesboro and Tech is a little closer. Playing on Saturday instead of Friday should also increase our crowd. TC and Tech share the same school colors. It will look like a TN Tech home game with all the purple and gold in the stands.

I'm hoping that the smaller stadium will fill up better than MTSU.

I was thinkin' that if Tech had a better year you might want to sneak a couple of their boys out to your side, but as it is you might be better off without 'em (just kiddin', Watson.)

Y'all have home side or does BBS?

TC has always traveled well to Murfreesboro and Tech is a little closer. Playing on Saturday instead of Friday should also increase our crowd. TC and Tech share the same school colors. It will look like a TN Tech home game with all the purple and gold in the stands.

I'm hoping that the smaller stadium will fill up better than MTSU.

I was thinkin' that if Tech had a better year you might want to sneak a couple of their boys out to your side, but as it is you might be better off without 'em (just kiddin', Watson.)

Y'all have home side or does BBS?

I think Seven said earlier that we did, but he was not 100% sure.

the excuses have already started, these people try to take away from the fact that these boys have been there since elementary and have worked hard to get to where they are today. I didnt hear anybody hollerin bout recruitin a couple yrs ago when we had our rebuilding years. When we are good everbody wants to accuse us of cheating its sad really.

that's because recruiting takes a few years to make it's full impact.

that, "these guy's have been here since elementry school" is a half truth. while i'm sure most have been there a long time, it doesn't change the fact that some have "joined" the school and team throughout the years with a little nudge or coaxing finacially or otherwise. this doesn't take anything away from the kids or their accomplishments, but it does skew a level playing field. and to deny this just proves it's true. this isn't an excuse (you have to beat us for it to be an excuse) it's just, it is what it is. besides we love watching yall waste that money. :o

"a half truth is the most cowardly of lies"

-mark twain-

Coaxing financially? What a joke! This ain't BGA or Baylor, y'all. BBS tuition is less than half of theirs

and the school runs in the red most years. You're the only one skewing here (I thought I smelled something...)

Denying it proves it's true? What kind of crackhead logic is that? Who are you? OJ's attorney?

I think Snoball must be eatin' some yellow snow, it's done gone to his brain!

you took two words out of a well stated point and try to rip my post with 1990's o.j. simpson lawyer joke? then you say i'm slinging poo and you make a urine comment. let's keep it outta the gutter buddy

jeez man, try to keep it fresh. let's have some fun this week. loosen up that ascot, and stretch that sweater vest's neck a little bit. have mr. belvedere go down to the cellar and knock the cobwebs off that old bottle of scotch you paid to much money for and let's enjoy the moment. :thumb:

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book this afternoon and this is going to be a real good game. Both teams have some big ole strong boys that can knock a big hole for the runners to run through. Trousdale has a real good runner named Seay. He is a big strong fast boy. Let me ask you Trousdale people a question. What is his time in the 50 yard dash? They also have that Ford boy that was a Mr. Football Finalist last year. Let me ask you a question. Why isn't he a finalist this year? Did he not lift enough weights in the offseason to be big and strong again this year? Boyd also has some big ole strong boys that can knock a hole. You think im joking cause im not. That Beasley boy rushed for over 1,000 yards last year and 11 touchdowns. Let me ask you Boyd people a question. Is your coach getting a grayhound like Grider does? How much does it cost? Grider made us pay ten dollars last week to go to Knoxville. Someone said he was doing it again this week, but it would be cheaper since the trip isn't as far. I might go back to Cookesville and watch this game if your coach is getting a grayhound. Would someone tell me how much it would cost? I could bring my book like I did last week and read it to people about this championship game.

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book this afternoon and this is going to be a real good game. Both teams have some big ole strong boys that can knock a big hole for the runners to run through. Trousdale has a real good runner named Seay. He is a big strong fast boy. Let me ask you Trousdale people a question. What is his time in the 50 yard dash? They also have that Ford boy that was a Mr. Football Finalist last year. Let me ask you a question. Why isn't he a finalist this year? Did he not lift enough weights in the offseason to be big and strong again this year? Boyd also has some big ole strong boys that can knock a hole. You think im joking cause im not. That Beasley boy rushed for over 1,000 yards last year and 11 touchdowns. Let me ask you Boyd people a question. Is your coach getting a grayhound like Grider does? How much does it cost? Grider made us pay ten dollars last week to go to Knoxville. Someone said he was doing it again this week, but it would be cheaper since the trip isn't as far. I might go back to Cookesville and watch this game if your coach is getting a grayhound. Would someone tell me how much it would cost? I could bring my book like I did last week and read it to people about this championship game.

Seay runs the 50 so fast he can't be timed with a stop watch.....we have to use GPS...thing about it is..you see...hes almost as fast while running over 1 and dragging 1. :thumb:

As far as Ford is concerned...i believe he did something to his knee cap in preseason practice....he missed first 3-4 games...then missed another couple games later on from i think a different injury. When your good like that you get doubled alot and cheap shotted alot. it takes a toll i guess.

I don't think he's been 100% all year. TC has several good linemen, not really a shortage.

Boyd will win pretty easily...said so weeks ago.

Antwan, I'm not looking for a reply. I know you don't answer "insignificant posters". And I'm not going to say anything about your owls losing in the playoffs. I know you will brag about how they made it that far with "their worst team in 10 years".

But I do think it's funny how your quick to post on a TC thread and talk about our opponent being so much better than TC. It seems those beat downs TC gave your owls all those years have had a lingering effect on you.

Your posts are similar to an 8 year olds perspective on a football game. You sit on the couch with the older boys and watch the whole game. You cheer for whoever the older boys are cheering for and then you make the mistake of asking a question. "How many points do you get when you score a touchdown?" The older boys laugh at you and you run to your room and play with your sister's barbie dolls. :o:|

Why don't you go back to the softball thread and post about those pitching policies. You looked a lot more intelligent on that thread. :thumb:

I really shouldn't answer...but I will this time.

It really has nothing to do with this game...but the over all record is virtually even...30-30. Of course with your wealth of football knowledge...you already know that. :| I'm not going to go into SC winning 2 of the last 3...really no need. That ground has already been plowed.

I think Boyd will win because they are always very physical. TC cannot throw the ball to win. They lull you to sleep and hit you with a halfback pass...or some other similar play. Boyd will stop the run. They will be the most aggressive defense you have played...certainly this year...maybe the last few years.

On offense...Boyd will be balanced. They can throw or run. They will run mulitple sets...are extremely disciplined...and well coached. They don't make a lot of mistakes.

Boyd played a tougher schedule. They lost to a very good 12-1 class 4a quarterfinalist Red Bank on the road. They also beat SP (flu bug or not).

Okay...Roddy...let's hear your intelligent post on the game...and please keep the post about the game.

Boyd will win pretty easily...said so weeks ago.

Antwan I use to think you knew football...but no one wins easily over the jackets...but one thing is foshow...if your Owls would have played us this year, we would have won pretty EASILY...

What are you talkin' about? We did play "your" team this year. The score was SC 35 - MC 14. :thumb:

I really shouldn't answer...but I will this time.

BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,

I think Boyd will win because they are always very physical. TC cannot throw the ball to win.

According to the Tennessean statistics.....TC QBS threw more TDs than that John Elway boy ya'll got in Chicken County. :|

And you think TC AIN'T PHYSICAL. Ask any team they play. :| If ya'll wuzn't skeered up'er youd know 1st hand. :thumb: Like last YR. Only worse.. :o