ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

Alcoas not unbeatable.... Wasn't it just 7-3 entering the 4th quarter two weeks ago? In the 3rd round?

What did they do to slow Alcoa down?

They limited Alcoa to 3-5 yard gains instead of 7-10 yard gains. But....the score was a little misleading. Up to that point Alcoa had a dropped TD pass, 2 ints, and a failed 4th down conversion on the 12 or 15. There were probably 3-4 trips inside the 20 where they didn't score. It's not that Loudon was shutting them down, Alcoa didn't execute once they got there (very unusual). But a lot of that was due to the physical play of Loudon and their discipline on defense. Here's the thing with Alcoa that you will discover on Friday. They will take 6-8 minutes off the clock on a long drive. They play clock control on offense; not b/c they are afraid of the other teams offense but b/c this is their strategy....Keep their offense on the field the whole game. This happened a couple of times against Loudon but on those drives they didn't get any points. The yardage is lopsided but the score seems lower. For example in the 1st game vs CAK they outgained them 410-99, but the score was 24-7. Seems close....but Alcoa took at least 5 mins off the clock each time they had the ball. This has happened all year. But there is no question who is in control of the game.

Thank you,"I think", for giving Loudon some credit as the reason why Alcoa didn't execute so well.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoas not unbeatable.... Wasn't it just 7-3 entering the 4th quarter two weeks ago? In the 3rd round?

They limited Alcoa to 3-5 yard gains instead of 7-10 yard gains. But....the score was a little misleading. Up to that point Alcoa had a dropped TD pass, 2 ints, and a failed 4th down conversion on the 12 or 15. There were probably 3-4 trips inside the 20 where they didn't score. It's not that Loudon was shutting them down, Alcoa didn't execute once they got there (very unusual). But a lot of that was due to the physical play of Loudon and their discipline on defense. Here's the thing with Alcoa that you will discover on Friday. They will take 6-8 minutes off the clock on a long drive. They play clock control on offense; not b/c they are afraid of the other teams offense but b/c this is their strategy....Keep their offense on the field the whole game. This happened a couple of times against Loudon but on those drives they didn't get any points. The yardage is lopsided but the score seems lower. For example in the 1st game vs CAK they outgained them 410-99, but the score was 24-7. Seems close....but Alcoa took at least 5 mins off the clock each time they had the ball. This has happened all year. But there is no question who is in control of the game.

Thank you,"I think", for giving Loudon some credit as the reason why Alcoa didn't execute so well.

IMO Loudon gets a great deal of credit for slowing Alcoa down and not executing as normal. That defensive front gave us fits!!

f5seekshelter,

I agree, I thought Alcoa was the better team last year. I thought it before we played the game and after. But, I believed if we executed like we should, If we ran the plays that got us there, we would have had a good chance of beating Alcoa even though they were the better team. My point is I don't know what lame excuses the other person was referring to cause I haven't heard any. Everyone knows who won. It's hard to argue that. Its easy get on here and say they heard lame excuses, I would just like to know what they heard because to date I have not heard any.

Okay. Remember you asked. While walking back to my vehicle after the game last year, I was discussing the game with a friend. Several of Milan's band members, along with what I thought were Milan fans, commented that Milan was a young team and they were not used to playing in that kind of game. They also stated that Milan did not play like they had during the season. Kinda what you stated above about executing. Again, these are the kinds of excuses that I am talking about. I again would say that Milan's lack of execution was due to a very good Alcoa team (both defense and offense). Rather than stating the obvious, seems like Milan fans wanted to excuse the loss to their lack of performance alone, rather than Alcoa just being the better team. Therefore, I tagged LAME excuses. Again, this was last years game and has no bearing whatsoever to this years game.

If I remember correctly, we held your vaunted run game to about 3 yards per carry last year. Was that because of our defense or because of your lack of execution? Just wondering. Now don't give me some lame excuse like I have already read on here before.

Sure will! :blink: Alcoa WILL run for 250+ yards against Milan. JaRon Toney will finish with between 100-150 yards. Alcoa will only throw the ball 4-5 time max. PLUS, Alcoa WILL hold Milan to 14 points or less! I'm not scared to put it in black and white. I stated Alcoa would win 28-14 last year. Everyone said Milan would score way more than 14 points.............yawn......samething this year. Alcoa will produce sub- stained drives taking 6-8 minutes off the clock. This by simply pounding the rock right at Milan's line. Nothing fancy. BUT, something Milan WILL not stop. Alcoa will control the LOS and make Milan take it. See if I am not right! :wacko:

Since some of you East Tn folks like to correct word usage and spelling, I will do the the same. What the heck is "sub-stained" drives? I know what "sustained" drives are, but I have never heard of a "sub-stained" drive. Is that a drive that was stained beneath the surface? lol I couldn't resist. lol

This game comes down to special teams for sure.....does anyone know if Milan Or Alcoa has any good special team play makers?

I don't know about Alcoa, although I am sure they do. Milan has one of the best kickers in the state. He has booted a 70 yard or so punt this year. I think a little better than half of his kickoffs are touchbacks. Also, he has the leg to make a 50 yard field goal. I think his long for the year is 47. We have some guys that can take it to the house also.

I could have sworn the Alcoa fans said they would give credit where credit is due. I thought they said on this thread that they did not like people making excuses about lack of execution. I could have sworn that Alcoa fans said it would not be lack of execution but because the opposing team had something to do with it. Milan fans get ready for some of these excuses Saturday morning.

I would agree if Alcoa controls the clock they will control the game. I will also say that I have watched film of all of your playoff games and I do believe that Milan has the best front 7 that you have faced. Not the size of Loudon front four but more athletic also the LB are better IMO. To me this will be the key to the game, Alcoa's OL vs Milan's front 7. :blink:

I still can't get over how cocky & loud mouthed some of the Milan fans are, I am so looking foward to seeing Alcoa wear the darn ground out with you all....... I hate blow hards & braggards, do you think getting on here and saying noboby can beat us/ were number 1 means a hill of beans to the outcome of this game? Alcoa puts as many as it wants on Milan & shuts you idiot fans up once & for all!!!

Blah Blah Blah. Wah Wah Wah. No one else has those kinds of fans. It is just those losers from Milan. (sarcasm obviously) I would imagine that you were probably one of those kinds of fans with your own team. I for one have not heard any Milan fan say that we can't be beat, but if you expect any of us to concede a game before it is even gameday then you my friend are crazy.

I agree with you huf! Bledsoe Co. Warrior can attach a quote just like anyone else. So if there is a Milan fan on coach T saying "nobody can beat us", all you have to do is attach it to the quote!

OK. I'm so glad you brought this up. Let me give you a dose of what Alcoa seems to be giving us about the York game:

"Ya'll play like that this week...Milan will be up by 21 pts at halftime!"

Weird huh? Now we are not so much different.

Sure will! :blink: Alcoa WILL run for 250+ yards against Milan. JaRon Toney will finish with between 100-150 yards. Alcoa will only throw the ball 4-5 time max. PLUS, Alcoa WILL hold Milan to 14 points or less! I'm not scared to put it in black and white. I stated Alcoa would win 28-14 last year. Everyone said Milan would score way more than 14 points.............yawn......samething this year. Alcoa will produce sub- stained drives taking 6-8 minutes off the clock. This by simply pounding the rock right at Milan's line. Nothing fancy. BUT, something Milan WILL not stop. Alcoa will control the LOS and make Milan take it. See if I am not right! :wacko:

Since some of you East Tn folks like to correct word usage and spelling, I will do the the same. What the heck is "sub-stained" drives? I know what "sustained" drives are, but I have never heard of a "sub-stained" drive. Is that a drive that was stained beneath the surface? lol I couldn't resist. lol

yea....yea.......back at ya Huffy! moon.gif