ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoas not unbeatable.... Wasn't it just 7-3 entering the 4th quarter two weeks ago? In the 3rd round?

What did they do to slow Alcoa down?

They limited Alcoa to 3-5 yard gains instead of 7-10 yard gains. But....the score was a little misleading. Up to that point Alcoa had a dropped TD pass, 2 ints, and a failed 4th down conversion on the 12 or 15. There were probably 3-4 trips inside the 20 where they didn't score. It's not that Loudon was shutting them down, Alcoa didn't execute once they got there (very unusual). But a lot of that was due to the physical play of Loudon and their discipline on defense. Here's the thing with Alcoa that you will discover on Friday. They will take 6-8 minutes off the clock on a long drive. They play clock control on offense; not b/c they are afraid of the other teams offense but b/c this is their strategy....Keep their offense on the field the whole game. This happened a couple of times against Loudon but on those drives they didn't get any points. The yardage is lopsided but the score seems lower. For example in the 1st game vs CAK they outgained them 410-99, but the score was 24-7. Seems close....but Alcoa took at least 5 mins off the clock each time they had the ball. This has happened all year. But there is no question who is in control of the game.

I could have sworn the Alcoa fans said they would give credit where credit is due. I thought they said on this thread that they did not like people making excuses about lack of execution. I could have sworn that Alcoa fans said it would not be lack of execution but because the opposing team had something to do with it. Milan fans get ready for some of these excuses Saturday morning.

:mrgreen: I noticed that you didn't include my next line in your singled out bold highlighting of my post. I pointed out that a lot of their lack of execution was due to Loudon's physical play. So quick to jump....Plus the yardage at that point in the game indicates that Alcoa was able to move the ball effectively. You all are just looking for something to whine about....

If I remember correctly, we held your vaunted run game to about 3 yards per carry last year. Was that because of our defense or because of your lack of execution? Just wondering. Now don't give me some lame excuse like I have already read on here before.

Again, Milan represented the west last year and Alcoa represented the east. Both teams played the game. Milan made some mistakes and Alcoa made mistakes as well. Alcoa won the game 28-14. Therefore, they were the best team and took home their 5th straight gold ball. Can we please move on? Last year is gone. There is nothing we can do to change history! Go Tornadoes!!!

I just wanted to give you guys a little something to chew on for the day.........

1. Remember that number 19, and 88 you all were SOO impressed by and "wow-ed" at last year....Yeah they're still on our team. Still just as impressive.....

2. Let us recall this statment.....

Alcoa senior quarteback Chase James engineered the Tornado offense on three scoring drives, but said Milan was the best defense he has ever played against.

"We knew they were really big, but I didn't expect them to be that fast," James said while shaking his head. "They looked good on film, but to actually play against them was totally different.

"(Williamson) hit me a lot, and he is a really good player."

Obviously we're a little upset [to have given up a rushing touchdown]," Alcoa quarterback/cornerback Chase James said. "They're a great team. Personally, I think that's the best team I've played so far this year. They're big, they're fast, they might be faster than us."

-Jackson Sun

We're still big and fast..........

Chew away my friends! :mrgreen:

They limited Alcoa to 3-5 yard gains instead of 7-10 yard gains. But....the score was a little misleading. Up to that point Alcoa had a dropped TD pass, 2 ints, and a failed 4th down conversion on the 12 or 15. There were probably 3-4 trips inside the 20 where they didn't score. It's not that Loudon was shutting them down, Alcoa didn't execute once they got there (very unusual). But a lot of that was due to the physical play of Loudon and their discipline on defense. Here's the thing with Alcoa that you will discover on Friday. They will take 6-8 minutes off the clock on a long drive. They play clock control on offense; not b/c they are afraid of the other teams offense but b/c this is their strategy....Keep their offense on the field the whole game. This happened a couple of times against Loudon but on those drives they didn't get any points. The yardage is lopsided but the score seems lower. For example in the 1st game vs CAK they outgained them 410-99, but the score was 24-7. Seems close....but Alcoa took at least 5 mins off the clock each time they had the ball. This has happened all year. But there is no question who is in control of the game.

I could have sworn the Alcoa fans said they would give credit where credit is due. I thought they said on this thread that they did not like people making excuses about lack of execution. I could have sworn that Alcoa fans said it would not be lack of execution but because the opposing team had something to do with it. Milan fans get ready for some of these excuses Saturday morning.

:mrgreen: I noticed that you didn't include my next line in your singled out bold highlighting of my post. I pointed out that a lot of their lack of execution was due to Loudon's physical play. So quick to jump....Plus the yardage at that point in the game indicates that Alcoa was able to move the ball effectively. You all are just looking for something to whine about....

Yes, I noticed your meaningless back handed compliment. Compliments like that are not really compliments. "They played well, but..." Yeah that is a real compliment. Can't wait to see those on Sat.

If I remember correctly, we held your vaunted run game to about 3 yards per carry last year. Was that because of our defense or because of your lack of execution? Just wondering. Now don't give me some lame excuse like I have already read on here before.

Again, Milan represented the west last year and Alcoa represented the east. Both teams played the game. Milan made some mistakes and Alcoa made mistakes as well. Alcoa won the game 28-14. Therefore, they were the best team and took home their 5th straight gold ball. Can we please move on? Last year is gone. There is nothing we can do to change history! Go Tornadoes!!!

Did not say you were not the best team last year. I will no longer attempt to explain it. It is sad when the people reading the posts do not comprehend them.

Did not say you were not the best team last year. I will no longer attempt to explain it. It is sad when the people reading the posts do not comprehend them.

thank you! :mrgreen:

:roflol: I noticed that you didn't include my next line in your singled out bold highlighting of my post. I pointed out that a lot of their lack of execution was due to Loudon's physical play. So quick to jump....Plus the yardage at that point in the game indicates that Alcoa was able to move the ball effectively. You all are just looking for something to whine about....

Yes, I noticed your meaningless back handed compliment. Compliments like that are not really compliments. "They played well, but..." Yeah that is a real compliment. Can't wait to see those on Sat.

To say a team's physical play caused Alcoa some problems IS A COMPLIMENT. Shows you don't understand nor realize just how physical Alcoa is and Loudon (woops, another back handed compliment).

Compliments are not really compliments :mrgreen: Interesting logic.

:roflol: I noticed that you didn't include my next line in your singled out bold highlighting of my post. I pointed out that a lot of their lack of execution was due to Loudon's physical play. So quick to jump....Plus the yardage at that point in the game indicates that Alcoa was able to move the ball effectively. You all are just looking for something to whine about....

To say a team's physical play caused Alcoa some problems IS A COMPLIMENT. Shows you don't understand nor realize just how physical Alcoa is and Loudon (woops, another back handed compliment).

Compliments are not really compliments :mrgreen: Interesting logic.

They are not really compliments when you preface them with statements like we could have played better or we did not execute. It will be the same kind of compliments you give out on Saturday morning after shocks you guys.