ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 words......open zone....unfair advantage to the zoned schools of the rest of the state...they should be considered private since they have that advantage and subject to the multiplier

Yup open zones is the reason we've been so great for the past 20 years...Just look at these records

1992- 6-5

1994- 5-5

1996- 6-5

1997- 6-6

1999- 6-6

2002- 3-7

Heck yea open zones!!! Making you a .500 team all through the 90s

exactly, and in 03 you got pounded...then you reel off 5 straight?? not just winning, dominating really except for the Huntingdon game and the Milan game...3 years goodpasture didn't stand a chance....your telling me there was nobody on Alcoas team in all those years they were horrible that a running back or one standout player couldnt carry the load?..atleast to a semifinal or quarterfinal? then all of a sudden your unbeatable? :D

COACHING

Good luck to the Tornadoes!!! Hang 70 on them in you can!!!

Sincerely,

A now-Blount Co. resident who grew up in West TN and was taught to hate Milan from an early age :D

Not surprised coming from a Lexington homer. :D

And? :D

As I've said before, the only think good about Milan was Pappy's milkshakes, and now that's no longer there.

Ha! Now we have an explanation to the Milan fans' lack of originality:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/dec/0 ... coas-book/

Guess imitation is the best form of flattery, eh?

GO TORNADOES! POUND THE ROCK!

Not lack of originality....smart!

Like Coach Morris said, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

We're up and gettin' ready! Gonna head out in about an hour or so!!!

GO DAWGS!!!

He sure is smart and he is using Psychology on us because he is telling a totally different story about last year's game than the Milan fans are. He's trying to psych Alcoa out :D

Ive got a question.... How is Alcoa such a great team every year? Is it work put in, in the off season?.... coaching?.... athleticism?.....luck?....... i need to know how you end up in the big game every year, so my team can start doin it.....

Coaching, athleticism and a secret water filtration system that the twin cities developed jointly and installed in all local elementary school lunch rooms. LOL seriously the first two are correct and one that rarely gets mentioned is pride and tradition. Now all my Alcoa brethren on here know that I am a Maryville fan and alum but I feel very qualified to answer this question. I know that everyone has some type of pride and tradition in their school but let me give you an example of what I'm talking about. this past summer while hitting balls at the local driving range I ran into GQ and introduced my 4 year old son to him and explained that he was the Rebels head coach, not a big deal where most are from, however my son would not have been more in awe if it had been Peyton Manning. 2 1/2 months later we ran into him again and he called my son by name and every since then my son has referred to him as my coach.

I'm sure the Alcoa fans on here know exactly what I'm talking about, how many 4-8 year olds are running around at the game that can not wait for their turn to wear the maroon and gray and run out of that smokin helmet? I'm sorry for hi-jacking your thread but felt the need to answer this one. Game day tornados I hope you all have a safe trip and bring another gold ball back home to Blount County!!!

BTW don't let that F5 blow too hard today cause it looks like it's gonna blow a snow storm in here tomorrow!!!

Ive got a question.... How is Alcoa such a great team every year? Is it work put in, in the off season?.... coaching?.... athleticism?.....luck?....... i need to know how you end up in the big game every year, so my team can start doin it.....

Coaching, athleticism and a secret water filtration system that the twin cities developed jointly and installed in all local elementary school lunch rooms. LOL seriously the first two are correct and one that rarely gets mentioned is pride and tradition. Now all my Alcoa brethren on here know that I am a Maryville fan and alum but I feel very qualified to answer this question. I know that everyone has some type of pride and tradition in their school but let me give you an example of what I'm talking about. this past summer while hitting balls at the local driving range I ran into GQ and introduced my 4 year old son to him and explained that he was the Rebels head coach, not a big deal where most are from, however my son would not have been more in awe if it had been Peyton Manning. 2 1/2 months later we ran into him again and he called my son by name and every since then my son has referred to him as my coach.

I'm sure the Alcoa fans on here know exactly what I'm talking about, how many 4-8 year olds are running around at the game that can not wait for their turn to wear the maroon and gray and run out of that smokin helmet? I'm sorry for hi-jacking your thread but felt the need to answer this one. Game day tornados I hope you all have a safe trip and bring another gold ball back home to Blount County!!!

BTW don't let that F5 blow too hard today cause it looks like it's gonna blow a snow storm in here tomorrow!!!

Awesome story matback! GQ is a class act!tiphat.gif

I see Milan having a bunch of trouble with Alcoa's defensive line. After rethinking my prediction. I will say this game is going to be a defensive struggle. Milan has a great defense but I'm having a hard time thinking Milan will be able to move the ball consistently. Alcoa 23 Milan 10 GO TORNADOES!! :D

Your exactly right matback. The kids grow up wanting to play for these teams. There's a lot of pride in Alcoa and Maryville. Good luck to the Rebels and thanks for the support... :rolleyes:

Heading out in a lil bit....wanted to say that its been a fun and interesting week on here. Good luck to Milan and have a safe trip. We have a bunch of Tornado fans that are going to be at "Cheddars" about 1 pm if you guys wanna stop by. Anyway, see you guys at the stadium if not before.....GO TORNADOES!!!