Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

You guys that are saying that Greeneville's secondary are cracking me up. They were playing against the best QB in the state. I think they did pretty well. Bo had to scramble most of the afternoon. I wonder why. Great coverage maybe? When he found an open reciever he hit them with the pass. Plus, these are high school kids, not Ed Reed or Bob Sanders or even Eric Berry for that matter. So don't talk them down for having a great season.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! What else can you say but what an awesome game. I've played high school football for 4 years and watched alot before that and I have to say that last night's game was one of the most impressive (and slightly terrifying from the GC end) that I have seen in a LONG time. I expectedthe Bobcat defense to figure out that stretch play and shut it down pretty quickly but Greenville moved the ball with that play all night. Not to point any fingers but a certain defensive end whose number is not 90 dipped his head in one too many times when he should have stayed home and forced it out wide, but that's beside the point, the ends justify the means. Defense overall stepped up and made plays when they had to and I couldn't be happier with how Kimbrough played the safety position, even though he was leveled by his own quarteback on the last pick :popcorneater:

What can you say about the GC offense? When you get in a big game like that, the other team is going to win battles, they're going to make plays and that's part of the game. But they didn't self destruct, they stayed calm and focused and made big plays when they had to. Zach Bailey had some face melting catches and Tobias' one handed grab on the tip ball just about gave me a heart attack but they pulled it out.

I'm as proud as I can be for both the players and coaches of the Bobcat program, it's been a long time coming for these OC and Coach Beddingfield and I was just as excited for them as I was for the players. I think I may have even seen OC smile once or twice..or maybe that was my imagination playing tricks on me.

Greenville has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, that is one good football team and everybody in that stadium and those who watched at home know that for a fact. The game came down to big plays and GC just made one more than the devils did pure and simple. I think the fans players and coaches should have nothing but respect for those guys and rightly so.

Congrats to the Bobcats on capping off an amazing season that I think the folks in Giles County can relish in for a long time. But it's time to start rebuilding and get back to work for next year after this week.

Congrats to the Bobcats.......what a win. Like I said...I am proud to have been a fan of one of the teams that gave Giles a really close game.

NOW....I sure hope that everyone knows what we have already seen. Giles is never out of it on offense with a QB like BO.......and we are glad to see him finally go after seven years............ha!

Great game.............but like I said pick your poison....you load up on the run and Bo drop 300+ yds on ya.....been there.

I am really proud for our District 12

Dude or dudette...whichever, I live in Nashville. I see Whites Creek all over you, in fact I live less than 5 miles from your school. I have not posted anything except calling you out as a jerk. Thanks for proving me right.

Actually my friend i live in pulaski aka giles county aka 4a state champs. I might be a jerk but what do i have to do with whites creek i have no idea where that school even is and a more important question if you live in nashville why are you commenting on giles county or greeneville did your alma mater even make the playoffs.lol You seem to have a problem with whites creek maybe you should take it up with them.......................loser

Dude or dudette...whichever, I live in Nashville. I see Whites Creek all over you, in fact I live less than 5 miles from your school. I have not posted anything except calling you out as a jerk. Thanks for proving me right.

Actually my friend im from pulaski and i have no idea where whites creek is but if you are in nashville why are you on this post where is your school.lol Sounds to me like you have a problem with whites creek why dont you take it up with them but from what i hear about that school you might wanna keep your distance.

When a QB throws a ball from his own 12 yard line and the receiver catches it on the opposite 34 (thats 54 yards...had to get my calculator out....i only have 10 fingers and 8 toes)....the reciever never alters his route, never speeds up or slows downs....54 yards full stride....I think it would be considered a great throw :popcorneater:

Whoa, simmer down buddy! I wasn't taking a shot at Wallace at all. The kid has a rocket arm. I was just making the point that the receivers were VERY open, and Greeneville's secondary could not run with them.

I was just asking Greeneville if secondary play had been a problem all season. Fair question I think, considering it was the difference in an otherwise evenly matched game.

First thing congratulations to Giles Co. and in that same sentence Merry Christmas as well, on a gift wrapped game. The best team did not win, and everyone knows that, even the announcers that called the game. You guys were a one man show and he's gone now, so good thing you got it while you could. See Greeneville is young and I'm sure will become a regular in the 4a playoffs, you guys are one and done.

As for the guy who said Bo was the best QB in Tn, wrong Barry Brunetti holds that title.

So anyhow congrats, and no this isnt sour grapes and what not just facts.

First thing congratulations to Giles Co. and in that same sentence Merry Christmas as well, on a gift wrapped game. The best team did not win, and everyone knows that, even the announcers that called the game. You guys were a one man show and he's gone now, so good thing you got it while you could. See Greeneville is young and I'm sure will become a regular in the 4a playoffs, you guys are one and done.

As for the guy who said Bo was the best QB in Tn, wrong Barry Brunetti holds that title.

Jonesy. _ou and jcw are kin folk aren't ya. Ya'll do your arithmetic and get back with us :popcorneater:

Jonesy. _ou and jcw are kin folk aren't ya. Ya'll do your arithmetic and get back with us :popcorneater:

:roflol::thumb:;):thumb: What, lil on the senile side there old man