1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attenetion Union City Fans.....

The GOLD Ball Victory Parade will line up on the North end of South Pittsburg and run south through town...if they have a town.

After all, this "WAS" suppose to be YOUR trophy South Pitts...wasn't it?

NOT!!!!!!!

It is in Union City Tennessee.....in the WEST were teams are made the BEST!!

Man, you South Pittsburg people on here and off of here have EVERY WORD coming your way no matter what.

I would LOVE to share so many comments made by the South Pitt fans that were in the parking lot behind their stands on Union City...but I won't because We Won We Won , Union City Shot Then B B Gun!!

Man, I am really enjoying this, even more than any of the 5 GOLD balls we have in Basketball....Hey South Pitts, do you have a Basketball Team??

Probably not.....It's now Basketball time in Tennessee and we will / would do the same to your Basketball Team as well. And for your coach, Not even going to go there. I bet he has a crick in his neck from having his nose in the air all year til yesterday.

Imagine...a state record set on South Pitt!!

GRIN~~~~~~~~

Hey, you arrogant South Pitiful blowhards! I just need to know where to send the polish for your silver ball. You can buff it at each practice and remember why we're called the "Golden" Tornadoes.

we got beat it happens boys cant win them all.. even if you are the best team in the state you are gonna have your days when you get beat like today good game uc i saw some of your boys in person and shook their hands wow and yall said yall aint big! then what do you consider big? oh yea about the ploish i think we will use it for the 4 GOLD BALLS we have :D

Do you share those balls with all the players from Alabama that were recruited to play for your program?

lol thats a good one we had a feild goal kicker come from the boardering county but we sure have lost some good players to the school to and dont be jealous about the 4 gold balls

I hope UC does have a big crowd because it going to be ugly in about 3 hours. It's going to be a long ride home for them.

How was "YOUR" ride home my little Pirate?

Ours was FUN....GRIN~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ask him after the 2A game since he is a Boyd supporter.

union city beat south pittsburg.. i honsestly dont tink we got man handled cause if we did i sure didnt see it on the score board the special teams made the difference. we are or was so much smaller than yall and i think we played great now that i know how big yall were and this is a football board not bball uc still has alot of catching up to do if they want 4 gold balls in football like we have and we will have another before its all over with.. as for recruiting we dont but think what you want casue you are going to anyways.. yall set state records and so have we so its even but think about it yall was huge and i mean huge compared to us and we actually hung with yall im very impressed our boys did good it was a kick that won the game so boys its nothing to be ashamed of they were just 2 points better than us yesterday. the score was the score and no one can or will change it both teams scored the same amount of touchdowns we a 2 point conversion and they kicked a field goal so that was the difference and thats what won the game. we had 1 interception, 1 droped pass in the endzone, and a fumble in the redzone. they had 1 interception and i believe thats the only turnover so you count it yourself. if we was running our old defence the 3-5-3 it would have been over i think but we will never know. uc played a little bit better of a game just enough to eat the clock down and score 2 more points than us its all said and done now. the only thing i can say is there is always next year

union city beat south pittsburg.. i honsestly dont tink we got man handled cause if we did i sure didnt see it on the score board the special teams made the difference. we are or was so much smaller than yall and i think we played great now that i know how big yall were and this is a football board not bball uc still has alot of catching up to do if they want 4 gold balls in football like we have and we will have another before its all over with.. as for recruiting we dont but think what you want casue you are going to anyways.. yall set state records and so have we so its even but think about it yall was huge and i mean huge compared to us and we actually hung with yall im very impressed our boys did good it was a kick that won the game so boys its nothing to be ashamed of they were just 2 points better than us yesterday. the score was the score and no one can or will change it both teams scored the same amount of touchdowns we a 2 point conversion and they kicked a field goal so that was the difference and thats what won the game. we had 1 interception, 1 droped pass in the endzone, and a fumble in the redzone. they had 1 interception and i believe thats the only turnover so you count it yourself. if we was running our old defence the 3-5-3 it would have been over i think but we will never know. uc played a little bit better of a game just enough to eat the clock down and score 2 more points than us its all said and done now. the only thing i can say is there is always next year

If there is a next year for you guys and it will be a long 364 days before that day comes...

Just think there my friend...we beat you yesterday in the Single A Championship....even if it had been by a half of a point....we won.

The scoreboard I believe starts with a zero on each side and the most points accumilated on one side wins....with that said.....UCHS 31 SPHS 29

GRIN~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, here is my take on the game. Some of my Pirate brethren was very boastful which concerned me. Because it was reminding of before the Polk game. I asked some questions before the game and people who knew more about UC than I did said that there were good on offense and their defense wasn't as good. The size difference was probably the biggest difference with UC offense. Yes, the running back for UC took some licks and you could see before halftime he was starting to slow a little but in the second half especially when UC had the momentum that he was able to overcome and dig deep and that is exactly what he did. The reason the QB and the sweeps were so successful is because SP started keying on the dive play and did not keep the outside contained. It could have been by design or poor execution. Neither defense could stop the other offense and it was very obvious. Sp's 2 turnovers was in my opinion the difference in the game. The 15 yard penalty that helped UC on their last drive could also be argued as the difference in the game. The referees for the most part let them play and I am glad they did because there could easily been a few more penalties called on both teams that weren't. Okay, to sum it up it was a difference in styles and the smash mouth won but not to say the finesse style could not have won too would be ridiculous. Both teams were very good and believe it or not both deserved to win but one had to lose. SP will now (I hope) go back to Pirate football which is ..... you guessed it ..... smash mouth football. Congrats to both teams and to UC enjoy it .... because now there is a bulls eye on your back.

I do my best not to get on here and say derogatory thing about other posters. I can be respectful and listen to anyone who is so inclined to do the same. however when people repeatedly disrespect our teams over in the west and say whatever it is they want to say I hav to strike back. Im not as eloquent as P&G or some of our other more reserved posters but sometimes you must meet force with force. my apologise to my comrades for my outburst. To the respectful SP posters you represent your team well. OLD pirate and others you have my respect. You have some however that are just pompus and cocky and dont care what people think. Now its thier turn to hear some cocky stuff said to them.

A lot of the SP posters disrespects every team they play.

When you have a player on the opposing team who carries the ball 40 plus times for 200 yards between the tackles and the O-line blows your D-line off the ball Thats called Man Handeling. When you Take the ball down the feild with 3.27 left and score the winning feild to win the State Championship against the much vaunted best team in the state that's called man handleling. When team throws one pass in a game and has over 300 yards rushing in a game once again that's called man handeling.