1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

I'll have to give it to you powerp...You are pretty sharp...This is not basketball, it's football....

GO VOLS...BEAT KENTUCKY !!!!!

I believe the "king of the hill" was Trousdale County in 1A last season....Wayne County beat the pollster's "king of the hill" this season.....It's an all new 1A this season....No matter who wins the championship, there will be a new "king of the hill" crowned next Friday... :thumb:

Look powerp....We all know the tradition of South Pitt and you guys have a great team this year....We are pretty good ourselves..We wouldn't be playing next Friday if we weren't..Maybe we can just play a good game and make ourselves proud...Keep the game respectable...With the game being on TV and all, I'd hate for the station to have to cut away to a rerun of Family Guy or King of the Hill during the second quarter of our game since it will be such a blowout....

I agree on the Tennessee beat Kentucky statement B) love my vols....as far as the reruns...well, they will not do that...I mean heck we were beating Mckenzie 46-0 in 2007 and they kept the game on :thumb: but I know you guys are good...and like I said so are we....we have alot of pride in our school just like yall do to I am sure...So this week people will talk it up for us on here..and come across cocky and arrogant like you said...but its just pride...we support and back our boys like no other....so I look forward to a good game friday.........till half B)

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

volfan007....

As bad as I dislike this playoff format you have to admit that at least in 1A thru 3A the T.$.$.A.A got it right for the finals....I suppose 4A thru 6A is pretty much how people figured it would pan out also...

I think the two best teams in 1A are playing and that's all you can ask for...I know you have been calling for our demise the last couple of weeks but I believe as you do that the Tornadoes will make a good showing for themselves...South Pitt is a strong team..I picked them to be here along with either us or Huntingdon way back...

Just by the few posts their fans have added to this thread already they may be able to match us in the widely perceived "arrogance" department.... B):thumb:

I'm just waiting on the ever persistent Greenfieldfan to get on here and jump on the South Pittsburg bandwagon with both feet....

I do believe you need to writing for the NY Times you post a good thread! I been around this game for over fifity years and u are one of the few posters i agree with on alot things! No offense to any Greenfield fan but i just don't think they care much for UC! I realize the great tradiction of SP any one with any common sense would! But just like any other game that is played it always comes down to the LOS. It will be speed vs power everone says UC can not throw the ball! Remember one thing football fans they don't have to go deep with their passes! All they don't to do is kept the defense honest! SP will no doubt be the best team UC has played all year! I am sure it will be the same for SP! I look for a hard fought game just don't see a blow off here! Good luck to both teams! Go UC!! Thanks for updates on Mayfield! :thumb:

Hey purple and gold does UC have a website or anything that has some video of what they play like...maybe news coverage or something...I just want to watch some plays....If ya want to look at some of ours you can go to wrcb.com and click on the football 2009 and it will show highlight of us from last night after boyd and rockwood game...it would be part 1 of friday night football finale I believe so click on that :thumb:

Hey purple and gold does UC have a website or anything that has some video of what they play like...maybe news coverage or something...I just want to watch some plays....If ya want to look at some of ours you can go to wrcb.com and click on the football 2009 and it will show highlight of us from last night after boyd and rockwood game...it would be part 1 of friday night football finale I believe so click on that :thumb:

No website but if you will go to the wpsdlocal6.com website and click on any of the Grid Iron Glory links you will see some highlights...They were at our games pretty much all season.... :D

No website but if you will go to the wpsdlocal6.com website and click on any of the Grid Iron Glory links you will see some highlights...They were at our games pretty much all season.... :D

thanks

Those anchors on that gridiron show were funny...said sp looked like the steelers...thats where you got that saying from purpleand gold :thumb: Union looked like they had some big ones on the line...Defense looked decent I think we can move the ball easy though....Ball control is going to be the key for Union...Union looks slow but powerful..as stated already...should be fun to watch....who can stop who??????

south pitt wins by at least 40

Come on now 40 is a bit much.....35 is more like it :thumb: I do not see the mercy rule in this game after seeing them big ole boys Union has on the offensive side of the ball....It will be tough to stop them....we have to push them linemen back and disrupt the play....Linebackers you have a huge task this week so work hard in practice....One good thing about it...at least we have a former all-state and state championship qb to run the veer in practice this week :D

WOW! talk about a hangover. I suppose the WC posters will be here all week running us down. SO WHAT! You come off sounding like sore loosers. When in reallity the game was lost because of turnovers.

Ofcousrse #27 had alot to say about that in the second half. It was ground and pound. I mean seriuosly you guys benefited from all the penalties and mistakes we made. But you didn't capitalize on them. When it came down to it our line simply out played yours. But you guys are tough. The team has my respect. But some of the posters .... you may need some time with Dr. Phil.

I'm not running Union City down, I'm running Union City's Mr. Football candidate, Ronnie Fair, down. He KICKED one of our players in the FACE. And yes, the game was lost because of turnovers. I never said it wasn't. Give the WC posters a break. We're a very small school in a very small town and we haven't got that far since 1990 and we've never went undefeated in the regular season. Emotions are high right now so just chill out and enjoy your win.

It's hard to enjoy our win when sore losers keep posting on a new post. I wish WC would "chill out" and get ready for basketball. Seems like ya'll have a pretty good tradition in girls basketball.

South Pitt by as much as they want :thumb: