1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

I think all you SP and Wayne County fans need to shut up because UC runs the veer better than any team in Tn.......if they didn't, they wouldn't be in state......and none of y'all know what has given UC the motivation to get this far and the same motivation will win state vs SP. I don't care how much SP is expected to win, but I do know that we will give them a challenge, and the only reason SP is expected to win is because they whipped Knoxville Grace Christian, but both of those schools come from easy divisions .....and y'all need to shut up about #56 Ronnie. He is a really nice guy and everybody loses their temper sometimes. And he will be ready and fired up for the SP game........So good luck to both teams and may the best team win!

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all you SP and Wayne County fans need to shut up because UC runs the veer better than any team in Tn.......if they didn't, they wouldn't be in state......and none of y'all know what has given UC the motivation to get this far and the same motivation will win state vs SP. I don't care how much SP is expected to win, but I do know that we will give them a challenge, and the only reason SP is expected to win is because they whipped Knoxville Grace Christian, but both of those schools come from easy divisions .....and y'all need to shut up about #56 Ronnie. He is a really nice guy and everybody loses their temper sometimes. And he will be ready and fired up for the SP game........So good luck to both teams and may the best team win!

Newbie,

You will soon learn that you don't use words such as "shutup" on here....you evidently don't know much about our program or history. See ya in Cookeville!!

This should be a great game, regardless, it is THE championship game. Good luck to both teams. We won't line up 8 in the box, but I guarantee you will see 8 around the ball. I understand UC is big and runs straight at you. That is fine. I really hope they do. I am just not convinced there is a 1A team in the state that can beat us. #27 better strap his chin strap a little tighter this week. I think the deciding factor in this game will be SPEED KILLS. I hope all the Tri-State faithful come up to watch us win another Gold Ball.

This should be a great game, regardless, it is THE championship game. Good luck to both teams. We won't line up 8 in the box, but I guarantee you will see 8 around the ball. I understand UC is big and runs straight at you. That is fine. I really hope they do. I am just not convinced there is a 1A team in the state that can beat us. #27 better strap his chin strap a little tighter this week. I think the deciding factor in this game will be SPEED KILLS. I hope all the Tri-State faithful come up to watch us win another Gold Ball.

this will not be a good sp as big as they want maybee they will score 100 i would to show west tennessee how we play football

Well volsfan, you probably did not even see UC and WC and as far as Worley goes, he don't have to be big... He knocked some heads last night and was leading in tackles through the first half!!!!! He don't need to be big... his playing says enough....along with the rest of the big boys.....Don't sound to me like you know much about UC at all...

Tell ya what...after we kick UC's butt go out to midfield and shake our boys hands :lol: Yall rookies will learn after a while....I have said it all season long...playing on emotion will only take you so far....Want to talk about motivation...SP feels like the should be competiting for there third straight championship but got upset last year and they have a chip on their shoulder....so be sure to wave at T-Rob or Raquis when they go flying bye....welcome to the big leagues rookie :roflol:

this will not be a good sp as big as they want maybee they will score 100 i would to show west tennessee how we play football

pretty sure wchs showed us last nite :roflol:

This is how it's gonna go down...SP by 21+. Don't get me worng I'd love to see UC win; it's been 20 years since a public school from West Tn has won the championship in 1A. UC is good but they ain't on SP's level. P&G is gonna blow smoke all week but it is what it is, smoke. :D Just joking PG, I'm remebering what you told us back in '05. :roflol: The proof is in the puddin...you don't mercy rule teams in the semi-finals and score 57 straight points on em, that's just wrong. Now I will say this; SP had concerns up front before the season began. Polk beat em up front and so they are a tad vulnerable. UC has a Mr. Football candidate up front and they beat WC so they're solid. I just don't think they're going to have enough. JB played one of their worst games up front against WC and it showed. I absolutely don't want to make any excuses for JB but if anybody knows JB football they will tell you the same. With that said, WC had a pretty dang good line and UC took care of business against em so I've got respect for UC's line. Now one of the reasons you run the veer is because you have concerns up front or you know it's easier to compete year to year with less physical lineman. SP changed their offense up as well because of concerns up front (from what I understand). Early in the year there was plenty of bickering among the SP faithful as to why the new offense was being run. The point in all this is that SP should win big but it ain't guaranteed. IF UC can hang around up front then they'll hand around in this game and possibly pull it out. Good luck to both teams! :lol:

All I know is, year in and year out the west is weak, weak, weak compared to the east.....and the west sends their best to state and they get embarassed .I see no reason it should be any different especially from a team that runs an old outdated offensive scheme...the veer what a joke. It will win you 8 or 9 games a season against weaker opponents but don't bring it to a championship game against defendsive coaches that I assure you will stop it. Like I said in an earlier post, if your emotions don't get you a score on the first drive, you will not score period.

GO PIRATES!!!!

Quote: Ok, bird, you better listen and listen good...Coach L. Phillip Beene

all you SP fans act like you know you'll win. So did Wayne County, and looked what happened. So after UC comes out and beats the Pirates, you can forget about all the "west tn being bad" crap. :lol: And yall dont have anywhere near the weapons UC has. On offense: #27 Josh Nicks, #28 Kendrick Price, #12 Chase Bowling, #77 Will Arnold, #4 Raphe Alexander. and if you say UC can't score, we average 39 points a game, only 5 less than SP. For Defense, #56 Ronnie Fair, #55 Rance Barnes, #25 Keylon Hyde, #72 Stevie Gossett, and both #27 and #28 are just as good on defense as they are on offense. And don't tell me I'm just listing the starting lineup. If SP came out of a fairly decent division, they would not be the only team up there from the east every year. The only 2 teams we've lost two are Huntington, which we beat be 23 2 weeks ago, and TCA, when we did not have #27 and they have a quarterback who has been recruited by all but one SEC school. and UC has much better fans then SP, if you don't believe me, just take a walk throught the UC section at TTU.

BTW, you are arguing with a twelve year old :roflol: