1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright Purple and gold give me some info here....or whoever wants to chime in....Who are UC's playmakers....What kind of defense do you run....Do you all run only the veer?? Tell me some info like that....

SP has many playmakers....but the four to watch on O would be Terrell Robinson QB #6, Raquis Hale RB #11, Jijuan Fennel TE #90, and Malcolm Jones WR #21.....defense we run a 3-5.....and we will switch back and forth between shotgun and a powerI type set....

UC's playmakers would be #12 Chase Bowling QB..#27 Josh Nicks S-back...#28 Kendrick Price Slot...#11 Jacob Worley Slot....#23 Jorge Guerri K.....#56 Ronnie Fair OL/DT...#77 Will Arnold...C (These two were all state last year and preseason all state this year)....Offensive line and defensive line have been the strong point of the team....Midline/Veer is what we run....Usually a 4-3 on a defense...Big hitters on defense...Rance Barnes #55 will straight lay you out...#53 Trey Maddox is built like a fire hydrant on steroids and will light you up as well....It really depends on what the defense gives us as to who shines each week...Lately it's been Nicks and Bowling...It doesn't matter that they are not burners...When you are getting 3,4 or 5 yards a carry all you do is run clock...Earlier in the season it was Price and to some extent Worley....Depending on Price's numbers last night, he should be at or over 1,000 yards rushing...Nicks is over 1,000 and Bowling has around 800 yards on the ground...

I've heard good things about your QB...We saw a real good dual threat QB in Jabriel Washington at T.C.A..He is being recruited by every S.E.C school as an athlete and is only a junior...He was very, very fast...He got 100 yards rushing but it took him 30 attempts to get it....We've seen the best back in the state (IMO) twice this year in Keenon Holder of Huntingdon....

Your defense will have to play the game of their lives....Raquis Hale our RB has more moves and better vision than Mr. Holder...I have seen his highlights...but anyways....Guess people will see Friday....The Pirate Express is moving along fast people...jump on while you can :thumb:

This will not be a game. The SP 2009 team is to strong and fast for Union City.The 2009 SP team would beat the 2007 team by two TD

Now, hold on partner....did you see us in 2007???That team was DOMINANT, I mean nobody could compete with us at all...Lets just say, I think our line was stronger in 07 which would give Rob. Robinson a lot of running yards...it would be a good game I will just say that :thumb:

Yes I seen both teams 3 or 4 times. This years D would slow down R R not stop him nobody could stop him.They would win by 2 TDS. This team would have beat Boyd, if they had their QB easy. They would beat Trousdale too. This team should be crown state champs in 1A AND 2A this year.

Yes I seen both teams 3 or 4 times. This years D would slow down R R not stop him nobody could stop him.They would win by 2 TDS. This team would have beat Boyd, if they had their QB easy. They would beat Trousdale too. This team should be crown state champs in 1A AND 2A this year.

Easy now!!! TC is basically a better football team than the one that beat us last year. Be fun to play them but no way can you call it a definite win. TC will beat Boyd by a couple TDs at least

Who is home team in Cookeville? Im sure UC will have to travel Thursday, so they should wake rested friday morning already at the site.

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!

Pirates will too

hmmm....guess we will be practicing inside the hotel Thursday :thumb: Zone did you ever find out for me if anybody taped the whole bad company pregame with eddie moore against Gordonsville?

Who is home team in Cookeville? Im sure UC will have to travel Thursday, so they should wake rested friday morning already at the site.

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!

Pirates will too

hmmm....guess we will be practicing inside the hotel Thursday :thumb: Zone did you ever find out for me if anybody taped the whole bad company pregame with eddie moore against Gordonsville?

I think we are going up tomorrow and practicing on the field all week...Probably stay in the football dorms... :D

Sorta get a "home field" feel for the stadium... :D ...You know there is Purple and Gold all over that place, right ??

I'm kidding of course, except for all the Purple and Gold in and around the stadium...

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!

Pirates will too

Not sure when we are going. May practice before we go or up there or at UTC on the way.

Sent the guy an email but haven't heard back yet.