1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

But, UC does run the veer very well. quote]

This is where the difference is in Marion and Union City. That game with Sp was the third game with a non option QB. The Veer QB for MC was a freshman this year. If MC would have pitched the ball a little more, then it would have gave the pirates a few more problems. That being said, Pirates roll big in this one. Congrats on the season so far and I hope to see the Pirates bring another title to SP and the county.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City....your only hope is to run it straight at us....anyone who knows anything about football will tell you that you can not run it outside on the Pirates...to fast...great ends and linebackers....Now, I am not going to make any bold predictions yet; however I will say this.....SP played 2 1A teams in the regular season and 3 1A teams so far in the playoffs....they have mercy ruled all 5 1A teams....Uh-O!!!That tough schedule has paid off for the Pirates....I just hope this week we get off to a fast start instead of letting the other team score first....Union City may be physical...but those lightning quick Pirates have learned alot and will be well prepared...and I am just going to go ahead and throw it out there...The SP defense will hold Union City to 10 or less points...take it to the bank....I will put it into perspective for yall....You all might be a category F1 tornado....but your fixing to run into a F5....Seek Shelter!!!!!!!

Union City....your only hope is to run it straight at us....anyone who knows anything about football will tell you that you can not run it outside on the Pirates...to fast...great ends and linebackers....Now, I am not going to make any bold predictions yet; however I will say this.....SP played 2 1A teams in the regular season and 3 1A teams so far in the playoffs....they have mercy ruled all 5 1A teams....Uh-O!!!That tough schedule has paid off for the Pirates....I just hope this week we get off to a fast start instead of letting the other team score first....Union City may be physical...but those lightning quick Pirates have learned alot and will be well prepared...and I am just going to go ahead and throw it out there...The SP defense will hold Union City to 10 or less points...take it to the bank....I will put it into perspective for yall....You all might be a category F1 tornado....but your fixing to run into a F5....Seek Shelter!!!!!!!

Basing this on never seeing the Tornadoes play is bold to say the least.... :thumb:

I have never see South Pitt play either so I'll hold my comments on taking things to the bank... :thumb:

Running straight at people is what the Tornadoes have been doing all year...Do like everybody else and load the box....

I'll put in a little perspective for you...South Pitt is not the Pittsburg Steelers...Confidence is a good thing but those past state titles won't mean a hill of beans next Friday...Just like it is when we go in and take over Murfreesboro in the Union City Invitational in March during basketball season, nobody cares about what we did in past years...It's all about this year...

GC,

No, I did not make it to the game last night. I hated to miss it, but I'm at my parents house, and all of my family wanted to go out and eat Mexican food and go watch the Blind Side. The Mexican food and the movie, The Blind Side, were both excellent. The movie is tremendous.

But, GC, I have seen UC play twice this year. I have seen them try to throw passes. It was not a pretty sight. And, the one that the QB did throw fairly decent was dropped by a wide open WR. And, if you are still under the delusion that UC can throw it...just look at their stats for the year in that category.

Still, they dont need to throw. It's not their game. They run the veer, and they run it very well. South Pitt better be ready to stop Mr. Nicks running straight at them. And, if S. Pitt does have all that speed, then running right at them may be the course of action that UC takes.

But, like I said....I think UC will give S.Pitt all they want..but I still just cant see them beating South Pitt.

Basing this on never seeing the Tornadoes play is bold to say the least.... B)

I have never see South Pitt play either so I'll hold my comments on taking things to the bank... :thumb:

Running straight at people is what the Tornadoes have been doing all year...Do like everybody else and load the box....

I'll put in a little perspective for you...South Pitt is not the Pittsburg Steelers...Confidence is a good thing but those past state titles won't mean a hill of beans next Friday...Just like it is when we go in and take over Murfreesboro in the Union City Invitational in March during basketball season, nobody cares about what we did in past years...It's all about this year...

This is not basketball...this is football....and the king of the hill will remain at the top and not be knocked off B) Union City WILL get shut down....too much speed and too many skill players we have...I am telling ya...you can doubt all you want to but at 12 Friday....The doubters will be hushed...The pirates are for real...and everyone will see Friday afternoon :thumb: An by the way just because we run the spread does not mean we do not like to line it up and play smashmouth ball...we can do either...I like what you said so I am going to steal it from you....SP's defense is now nicnamed the "steel curtain"...they are pretty dang good and athletic

Looks like you guys have a good band.....Maybe yall should play the whole half...I think we only have about ten people or so in ours but bless their hearts they try :thumb: I hope your band plays loud cause we play good when a good band plays....For example: Tyner, Cascade, and others :thumb:

volfan007....

As bad as I dislike this playoff format you have to admit that at least in 1A thru 3A the T.$.$.A.A got it right for the finals....I suppose 4A thru 6A is pretty much how people figured it would pan out also...

I think the two best teams in 1A are playing and that's all you can ask for...I know you have been calling for our demise the last couple of weeks but I believe as you do that the Tornadoes will make a good showing for themselves...South Pitt is a strong team..I picked them to be here along with either us or Huntingdon way back...

Just by the few posts their fans have added to this thread already they may be able to match us in the widely perceived "arrogance" department.... :thumb::thumb:

I'm just waiting on the ever persistent Greenfieldfan to get on here and jump on the South Pittsburg bandwagon with both feet....

WOW! talk about a hangover. I suppose the WC posters will be here all week running us down. SO WHAT! You come off sounding like sore loosers. When in reallity the game was lost because of turnovers.

Ofcousrse #27 had alot to say about that in the second half. It was ground and pound. I mean seriuosly you guys benefited from all the penalties and mistakes we made. But you didn't capitalize on them. When it came down to it our line simply out played yours. But you guys are tough. The team has my respect. But some of the posters .... you may need some time with Dr. Phil.

I'm not running Union City down, I'm running Union City's Mr. Football candidate, Ronnie Fair, down. He KICKED one of our players in the FACE. And yes, the game was lost because of turnovers. I never said it wasn't. Give the WC posters a break. We're a very small school in a very small town and we haven't got that far since 1990 and we've never went undefeated in the regular season. Emotions are high right now so just chill out and enjoy your win.

It's hard to enjoy our win when sore losers keep posting on a new post. I wish WC would "chill out" and get ready for basketball. Seems like ya'll have a pretty good tradition in girls basketball.

shoot far, dang it, them dogon pirates just keep on a winning.well guess i will pull for them in this one. union city has a chance.a great chance as a matter of fact of winning this game.sp does not handle the physical teams very well. run it straight at them.they can not stop it. three yards and a cloud of dust. you can even suprise them outside everynow and then. the biggest thing in our game with them was that they looked unprepared for the polk boys. with that being said sp win this one by 2 td's i believe.but union will take it at em and the game will be tied or union winning at the half

I'll have to give it to you powerp...You are pretty sharp...This is not basketball, it's football.... B)

GO VOLS...BEAT KENTUCKY !!!!!

I believe the "king of the hill" was Trousdale County in 1A last season....Wayne County beat the pollster's "king of the hill" this season.....It's an all new 1A this season....No matter who wins the championship, there will be a new "king of the hill" crowned next Friday... :thumb:

Look powerp....We all know the tradition of South Pitt and you guys have a great team this year....We are pretty good ourselves..We wouldn't be playing next Friday if we weren't..Maybe we can just play a good game and make ourselves proud...Keep the game respectable...With the game being on TV and all, I'd hate for the station to have to cut away to a rerun of Family Guy or King of the Hill during the second quarter of our game since it will be such a blowout.... :thumb:B)