1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out for UC's Mr. Football candidate. He tried to be like Albert Haynesworth and kicked one of our guys in the head tonight. He probably shouldn't be playing in this game but oh well.

:lol: Seriously :lol:

It was weird. The official threw the flag and we got 15 yards, but guys are supposed to get ejected for doing that stuff.

You are not ejected for 1 UC (Unsportsmanlike Conduct) penalty in high school football unless the ref sees it as a very severe infraction. He was given the penalty and warned that 1 more would result in ejection. That is the way it is typically handled.

WOW! talk about a hangover. I suppose the WC posters will be here all week running us down. SO WHAT! You come off sounding like sore loosers. When in reallity the game was lost because of turnovers.

Ofcousrse #27 had alot to say about that in the second half. It was ground and pound. I mean seriuosly you guys benefited from all the penalties and mistakes we made. But you didn't capitalize on them. When it came down to it our line simply out played yours. But you guys are tough. The team has my respect. But some of the posters .... you may need some time with Dr. Phil.

volfan007, it's evident you weren't at the UC game tonight. UC passed the ball twice at the start of the game and both should've been TD's. The one pass was slightly overthrown, but was a great pass. The other was dropped. The Union City QB can deliver a good ball. I liked how Wayne Co. stacked the box and Union City came at them with some passes to open up the field. The very next posession after those 2 passes they drove straight down the field for their first TD of the night.

I honestly do believe this South Pittsburg/Union City game will be close. Union City did have some problems tonight with the passing game of Wayne Co., but overall they defended it very well and had 11 helmets flying to the ball. If Union City can establish it's offense in this game, it will be close. I expect a 7 point difference either way. It'll be a close one.

good job to both teams on making it this far :lol: i'm pulling for the west TN team in this one of course, even though McK has gotten to be close friends with the SP posters (well, most of them LOL) but if SP is anything like they were when they played us at state 2 years ago, then it could prove disastrous for the tornadoes. however, i am also a firm believer that anyone can win, no matter who steps out onto the field with them. it's safe to say that no matter who wins, that team will be well deserving and its a shame that someone has to lose. I'll definately be watching this game :lol:

WOW! talk about a hangover. I suppose the WC posters will be here all week running us down. SO WHAT! You come off sounding like sore loosers. When in reallity the game was lost because of turnovers.

Ofcousrse #27 had alot to say about that in the second half. It was ground and pound. I mean seriuosly you guys benefited from all the penalties and mistakes we made. But you didn't capitalize on them. When it came down to it our line simply out played yours. But you guys are tough. The team has my respect. But some of the posters .... you may need some time with Dr. Phil.

I'm not running Union City down, I'm running Union City's Mr. Football candidate, Ronnie Fair, down. He KICKED one of our players in the FACE. And yes, the game was lost because of turnovers. I never said it wasn't. Give the WC posters a break. We're a very small school in a very small town and we haven't got that far since 1990 and we've never went undefeated in the regular season. Emotions are high right now so just chill out and enjoy your win.

1st.....Old Pirate says CONGRATS to both teams for making it to the CHAMPIONSHIP. :lol:

The Pirates showed improvement tonite but still have to stay hungry and focused to bring home the bacon. UC...............Dad burnit, recon OP don't know much cept rumor is theys like to run the veer and control the clock. Figure that will takke a monumental effort for sure against the Pirates.

Leastways, us fellers have only a few more days to rattle some cages, so let the rattling begin. :lol:

I'm sure some will base Union City on their performance in the 2005 championship game as how UC will play next Friday...That would be a huge mistake...UC was sorely out-coached and sorely unprepared...UC looked as though they never even watched film on Trousdale County....The Tornadoes were also not very physical that year...That won't be the case this time around...UC will be prepared and they are physical....

I would hope this championship game would be more like the first two in 2A we played...Chattanooga Tyner in 1997 (10-13) and Alcoa in 2000 (20-27)...Hopefully this time we will have the bigger score in the left hand column....

The spread, as I read, is the offense of choice of the Pirates....If this is true, that will be a challenge for our defensive staff...UC will run the veer..Like GCPioneer said..We did actually throw the ball last night and could have had big gains, maybe even touchdowns...That's not our game but we can do it...We have had some big passes this year...We just haven't had to...Somebody said the Pirates were good against the veer because they stopped Jasper..We aint Jasper....

Union City has some redeeming to do..The last journey to the championship was a joke...We need to put a Gold Football in our trophy case along with the five Gold Basketballs....Hope we show up and give the vaunted Pirates a good game..

Look forward to chatting with the Pirates fans this week..I always enjoy teams with great winning traditions....I give much respect to the Pirate program but the Tornadoes aren't going to be in Cookeville for the runner-up trophy...They will roll into town with only one thing on their mind and that's to take home the championship....

Good Luck to both teams....GO TORNADOES !!!

P & G...I just like your post. You should be a writer and follow someone in your family....get what I'm saying.

How about Paducah Tillman last might...they to are on their way to the 3 AAA Ky State Finals with a X Union City coach and still resident of U C....

See you at the game Friday!!

P & G...I just like your post. You should be a writer and follow someone in your family....get what I'm saying.

How about Paducah Tillman last might...they to are on their way to the 3 AAA Ky State Finals with a X Union City coach and still resident of U C....

See you at the game Friday!!

Thanks...My G-man career path is paved though... :thumb: I'll leave the writing to the professionals...

Yes, I did see that about Larry Shanks...Awesome job for him and his defense...WPSD-TV made it a point to say the defensive unit for Paducah Tighlman did an excellent job...

Larry is a very good man...It would be a great thing if he could get a state championship ring...He turned our program around way back in 1975....Wow that sounds like such a long time ago....You know, he also got those home side bleachers and multi-purpose building built while he was at Obion Central...

I will be there...I always schedule a vacation for the football and basketball state championship weeks....

I may head over to Bowling Green next Saturday to watch the Kentucky finals...I think Tighlman plays at 11 AM and Mayfield plays at 3:30 PM....Lone Oak made it as well...I played against their coach (Jack Haskins) back in 82 when he was the head man at Heath, Ky....