1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

wildcatpride70 posted...

"South Pitt by as much as they want :thumb:"

Buttttt....Had you guys won last night you would have been going on this morning about how the Wildcats were going to beat South Pittsburg.... :thumb:

No, I wouldn't have. They'd probably beat us like a drum. South Pitt won't give ya'll the game like we did. I'll be surprised if UC scores more than one td. I hope ya'll have a safe drive to and back from Cookeville.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright Purple and gold give me some info here....or whoever wants to chime in....Who are UC's playmakers....What kind of defense do you run....Do you all run only the veer?? Tell me some info like that....

SP has many playmakers....but the four to watch on O would be Terrell Robinson QB #6, Raquis Hale RB #11, Jijuan Fennel TE #90, and Malcolm Jones WR #21.....defense we run a 3-5.....and we will switch back and forth between shotgun and a powerI type set....

wildcatpride70 posted...

Buttttt....Had you guys won last night you would have been going on this morning about how the Wildcats were going to beat South Pittsburg.... :thumb:

No, I wouldn't have. They'd probably beat us like a drum. South Pitt won't give ya'll the game like we did. I'll be surprised if UC scores more than one td. I hope ya'll have a safe drive to and back from Cookeville.

I would really be surprised if you got on here, had you won, and said your team would get beat like a drum...I really would...

I haven't gotten on here this morning and said we would win the game but that in no way means I don't believe we will....I'm confident our coaching staff and our players will prepare themselves the best they can this week...All the staff has to do is pop in that DVD of the last time UC made it this far and see what not preparing for a game will do....Our team has been about it's business since the T.C.A. game...They then had to go thru the adversity of losing a former teammate...They refocused their attention on what was important and they have gone out and performed as well as they can each week since...

The Pirates may be the prohibitive favorite among posters on the T but they won't play this game on a website....All I can say is South Pitt better be ready for a 15 round heavyweight fight because I can promise you UC will give it there all....

wildcatpride70 posted...

Buttttt....Had you guys won last night you would have been going on this morning about how the Wildcats were going to beat South Pittsburg.... :D

I would really be surprised if you got on here, had you won, and said your team would get beat like a drum...I really would...

I haven't gotten on here this morning and said we would win the game but that in no way means I don't believe we will....I'm confident our coaching staff and our players will prepare themselves the best they can this week...All the staff has to do is pop in that DVD of the last time UC made it this far and see what not preparing for a game will do....Our team has been about it's business since the T.C.A. game...They then had to go thru the adversity of losing a former teammate...They refocused their attention on what was important and they have gone out and performed as well as they can each week since...

The Pirates may be the prohibitive favorite among posters on the T but they won't play this game on a website....All I can say is South Pitt better be ready for a 15 round heavyweight fight because I can promise you UC will give it there all....

How about a 2 round TKO? :thumb:

wildcatpride70 posted...

Buttttt....Had you guys won last night you would have been going on this morning about how the Wildcats were going to beat South Pittsburg.... :D

Quit crying you lose forget about it! You had a great season and to's are part of the game it happens to the best of teams! Good teams take advantage of to's and that is just UC did! The bottom line is UC is the best team you have played all year! All the UC fans and players know how good SP is! But as much as they want it to be u are ticked because UC ended your 12-0 winning streak! Congratulation on a fantastic year WC now get over it UC will played next friday at Cville at noon! I say this i have seen UC over the last fifty years and played against them back in the old big ten days! Their fans and players, coaching staffs and hospitality have always been a class act! If UC would have lost last night they would have congratulated WC and wish them luck! Please win and lose with pride! :thumb:

Aint It Amazing That Some People That Act Like The Bully You Just Whooped, That Keeps Talking Garbage To Ya While Your Walking Away, After The Beating. Wouldn't It Be More Classy And Respectful To Just Say, Hey Ya Got Us And Good Luck To Ya. Or Just Say Nothing. Take Your Whooping And Hush. Face It Ya Got Beat. But Because You Got Beat You Jump On The Side Of The Victors Opponent. And Pray For Their Demise Against Them. It Says Alot For Who You Are, And Takes Away From Your Teams Accomplishments. :thumb:

Aint It Amazing That Some People That Act Like The Bully You Just Whooped, That Keeps Talking Garbage To Ya While Your Walking Away, After The Beating. Wouldn't It Be More Classy And Respectful To Just Say, Hey Ya Got Us And Good Luck To Ya. Or Just Say Nothing. Take Your Whooping And Hush. Face It Ya Got Beat. But Because You Got Beat You Jump On The Side Of The Victors Opponent. And Pray For Their Demise Against Them. It Says Alot For Who You Are, And Takes Away From Your Teams Accomplishments. :thumb:

Well Butchie what ya think....Introduce this team into the half a hundred club as well?? If the Pirates starters would have played the whole games through out the playoffs instead of only 2 1/2-3 quarters then we would have scored 63+ easy in every game.....so far in the playoffs...SP has scored 153 and gave up only 20....scary

Well Powerp, I Have Tremendous Respect For South Pitt. It's Amazing How A Whippin Makes You Have That For A Team. I've Felt All Season Union City Would Be The Representing The West. They Definately Have A Challenge Ahead. But I Have To Keep My Alliance With Them. Sorta Like Your Benedict Arnold Butt Did With Trousdale, LOL. :thumb: Go Tornadoes!

Alright Purple and gold give me some info here....or whoever wants to chime in....Who are UC's playmakers....What kind of defense do you run....Do you all run only the veer?? Tell me some info like that....

SP has many playmakers....but the four to watch on O would be Terrell Robinson QB #6, Raquis Hale RB #11, Jijuan Fennel TE #90, and Malcolm Jones WR #21.....defense we run a 3-5.....and we will switch back and forth between shotgun and a powerI type set....

UC's playmakers would be #12 Chase Bowling QB..#27 Josh Nicks S-back...#28 Kendrick Price Slot...#11 Jacob Worley Slot....#23 Jorge Guerri K.....#56 Ronnie Fair OL/DT...#77 Will Arnold...C (These two were all state last year and preseason all state this year)....Offensive line and defensive line have been the strong point of the team....Midline/Veer is what we run....Usually a 4-3 on a defense...Big hitters on defense...Rance Barnes #55 will straight lay you out...#53 Trey Maddox is built like a fire hydrant on steroids and will light you up as well....It really depends on what the defense gives us as to who shines each week...Lately it's been Nicks and Bowling...It doesn't matter that they are not burners...When you are getting 3,4 or 5 yards a carry all you do is run clock...Earlier in the season it was Price and to some extent Worley....Depending on Price's numbers last night, he should be at or over 1,000 yards rushing...Nicks is over 1,000 and Bowling has around 800 yards on the ground...

I've heard good things about your QB...We saw a real good dual threat QB in Jabriel Washington at T.C.A..He is being recruited by every S.E.C school as an athlete and is only a junior...He was very, very fast...He got 100 yards rushing but it took him 30 attempts to get it....We've seen the best back in the state (IMO) twice this year in Keenon Holder of Huntingdon....

Hey purple and gold does UC have a website or anything that has some video of what they play like...maybe news coverage or something...I just want to watch some plays....If ya want to look at some of ours you can go to wrcb.com and click on the football 2009 and it will show highlight of us from last night after boyd and rockwood game...it would be part 1 of friday night football finale I believe so click on that :thumb:

No website but if you will go to the wpsdlocal6.com website and click on any of the Grid Iron Glory links you will see some highlights...They were at our games pretty much all season.... :D

thanks

After looking at the video here: wpsdlocal6.com I think UC looks a lot like Polk County, size and speed wise. I hope the Pirates takes what they learned in the Polk game , that you cannot spot anyone a big lead.

Who is home team in Cookeville? Im sure UC will have to travel Thursday, so they should wake rested friday morning already at the site.

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!

I will say on this one that south pitt should role. There isn't a 1A team in the state that has the athletes that Sp does, just ask Grace Christian. They didn't believe it until they saw it either. Someone posted that this will be south pitts biggest test yet. Maybe in 1A but not on the season, they played boyd and a very good Polk county bunch. I hope UC comes ready to play and at least keeps it close til the 4th quarter because it would be a shame for a team to go through the playoffs and mercy rule all of thier opponents.