1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

I may have found the answer from TSSAA website:

In Division I, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team.

Is this correct?

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know one play that was flagged and Wayne County gained on both ends...could have cost Union City big time...

When W C scored with a pass interference call in the endzone, which was a T D, the T D was accepted , so the penalty should NOT have been give on the kick off ( 15 yards )....It was one that the stripes missed big and Union City was on the wrong side of that call.

Either way...Union City won, W C , great game and team....lots to look towards in 2010 for your team.

Good Luck there and please, some of you give credit where credit is due. Union City won, fair and square.

For sure my last post. We now play South Pitt....not W C again.

In Division I, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team.

Is this correct?

That's why I'm thinking it is us this year...we were home 2 years ago....our turn again this year since it is back to the top again

Well once again congrats to South Pitt and i'm personally so glad you handled Grace like you did especially from all the trash talking they did since they were suppose to beat you guys so bad....LoL

Congrats to Coach Grider and players....Robinson should win Mr. Football,the kid is a class act and best wishes to him and his college career.... well as far as Championship game next week Union City you better be ready for speed,speed and more speed... And to top it off a team that knows how to play team football and moves to the ball very well on defense... If you can come out and be more physical than them and hit #6 then you can put yourself in position to keep it close but that is easier said than done....Good luck to both teams...But i'm pulling for South Pitt and bringing home another Gold Ball to add to there trophy case...

Is this correct?

That's why I'm thinking it is us this year...we were home 2 years ago....our turn again this year since it is back to the top again

Zone, that's the way I read it also. SP would be the home team in 1A,....TC would be the visitor in

2A.

Good luck to the Pirates Fri. Had hoped we would be playing the same day, but thanks to the

T$$AA, TC will be playing Sat. @ noon. Oh, well, right now I'll settle for a win.

See ya, pardner :thumb:

For What It's Worth Dept......2005 Class A State Championship...TC 52 UC 16

This ain't gonna be pretty....

I'm beginning to feel sorry for these teams they send up against these dominating Pirates, that think they have a chance to play with them. They are hit so hard, after trying the middle, they are losing their breath,,you can see it in their eyes as they head back to the huddle with that shocked look, trying to get a little air and hoping the coach doesn't call their number just yet. At least not this next play.

Have no shame when it happens the Grace boys did it, they came out so fired up, they were gassed, with hands on their hips and out of breath middle of the 2nd qtr.

UC can't help it , you will do exactly the same thing as all that have come before you..... playing with very high emotions the first series and then reality sets in, after being hit in the gut so hard you want to throw up.

OK Pirates go ahead and hit em...like the rest, they don't believe it at this point..they will have to be shown. GO PIRATES!!!!

Is this correct?

Zone, that's the way I read it also. SP would be the home team in 1A,....TC would be the visitor in

2A.

Good luck to the Pirates Fri. Had hoped we would be playing the same day, but thanks to the

T$$AA, TC will be playing Sat. @ noon. Oh, well, right now I'll settle for a win.

See ya, pardner :thumb:

For What It's Worth Dept......2005 Class A State Championship...TC 52 UC 16

Was that the year TC ran the spread?

P.... Yes, we ran the spread that year and to perfection. If history holds true, UC will be the closest team that can match your athletes, not sure it will be enough though. But that's why you play them.

Whoever said this team would beat the '07 team needs to check their meds. I'm not convinced this team is better than last years squad, much less '07.

P.... Yes, we ran the spread that year and to perfection. If history holds true, UC will be the closest team that can match your athletes, not sure it will be enough though. But that's why you play them.

Whoever said this team would beat the '07 team needs to check their meds. I'm not convinced this team is better than last years squad, much less '07.

It would be a good game. Well 07's line was bigger, but slower. I dont know about the overall speed, maybe 07 was faster due to Wetherspoon and Trez. But the 09 team has a Mal Jones, and a better Robinson for QB. Then you got Hale, but to get passed David Jones would not be easy.

But however, the 2011 Pirates will be unbelieveable. I see so much talent in them. The only problem with 2010 pirates is, they have to find a new QB.

SEVEN , you said that because the 2007 team beat yall. This team would beat the 2007 team and they would beat yall this year if yall played. Be thankful because TC would not be at the state if they had played.

hmmm....guess we will be practicing inside the hotel Thursday :thumb: Zone did you ever find out for me if anybody taped the whole bad company pregame with eddie moore against Gordonsville?

I taped the one at Grace. It is not very good. I will try to get a better copy in Cookville. My hard-drive must have frosted up because it shut down which has never happened before. I have a few more I may post later and hope to have some from next week.