1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

P.... Yes, we ran the spread that year and to perfection. If history holds true, UC will be the closest team that can match your athletes, not sure it will be enough though. But that's why you play them.

Whoever said this team would beat the '07 team needs to check their meds. I'm not convinced this team is better than last years squad, much less '07.

SEVEN , you said that because the 2007 team beat yall. This team would beat the 2007 team and they would beat yall this year if yall played. Be thankful because TC would not be at the state if they had played.

:thumb:

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.... Yes, we ran the spread that year and to perfection. If history holds true, UC will be the closest team that can match your athletes, not sure it will be enough though. But that's why you play them.

Whoever said this team would beat the '07 team needs to check their meds. I'm not convinced this team is better than last years squad, much less '07.

SEVEN , you said that because the 2007 team beat yall. This team would beat the 2007 team and they would beat yall this year if yall played. Be thankful because TC would not be at the state if they had played.

:roflol:

:lol::D

hmmm....guess we will be practicing inside the hotel Thursday :roflol: Zone did you ever find out for me if anybody taped the whole bad company pregame with eddie moore against Gordonsville?

I taped the one at Grace. It is not very good. I will try to get a better copy in Cookville. My hard-drive must have frosted up because it shut down which has never happened before. I have a few more I may post later and hope to have some from next week.

Yea, when at home...and bad company playing loud...it looks very good! This is still pretty good...especially the stare down....I wish it would have gone an extra ten seconds....I am ready to go to Cookeville right now....I like Coach Griders Tiger Woods fist pump when he blows the whistle and gets our boys together at the end....Union City....Get ya Some!!!!!!!!!

This is going to be one of those weeks that take forever to get here but after its over then we will be like man this season has flew by....Come on SP finish the deal....Maybe we should have some Oklahoma tackling drills this week...seems like if we wrap up them Union City boys we will win....The veer will not fool us at all...its just a matter of getting those big boys down.....As Roy says...our linemen needs to lift weights this week to compete with them big ole linemen boys from Union City...By the Way Roy....Someone asked where you were last night at the Grace game cause they wanted some hot chocolate :roflol:

2007 team was State Champs 2009 team isnt yet. Both teams are very good but 2007 team was loaded and had a much harder playoff bracket. Dont start talking bout us beating TC they are in the state too remember. I have a lot of respect for TC and there program. Good Luck to yall sat. I was wanting to watch yall but guess I will watch on t.v. GO PIRATES

This is going to be one of those weeks that take forever to get here but after its over then we will be like man this season has flew by....Come on SP finish the deal....Maybe we should have some Oklahoma tackling drills this week...seems like if we wrap up them Union City boys we will win....The veer will not fool us at all...its just a matter of getting those big boys down.....As Roy says...our linemen needs to lift weights this week to compete with them big ole linemen boys from Union City...By the Way Roy....Someone asked where you were last night at the Grace game cause they wanted some hot chocolate :roflol:

PP,

Where were you sitting last night...never saw you guys??

PP,

Well....when we got there bleachers were completely filled up so I stood on the ten yard line on our side with the rail birds and the rest of the fam was on the hill about under the scoreboard....No problem getting a seat this week...leaving at 9 :lol: I am ready to see how our defense is going to try to stop them big ol linemen from UC

Old Pirate has done a tad of research and this game could become a real tuff feud. UC run the veer and are a rather big team with average speed. The best guess UC will play ball control and attack the Pirates straight up. The Pirates are too fasy for them to attack the edges and the SP D will have it's hands full with the big RBs. The Pirates on the other hand have a decided advantage in team speed and will need to make the best of offensive touches. If The Pirates fool around and let UC hang around this could turn out to be a close game. OP says speed kills and the WRs will need to step up their play and NOT drop passes as they have consistantly done thru out the season. Prediction to come later in the week from OP.

PP,

Well....when we got there bleachers were completely filled up so I stood on the ten yard line on our side with the rail birds and the rest of the fam was on the hill about under the scoreboard....No problem getting a seat this week...leaving at 9 :lol: I am ready to see how our defense is going to try to stop them big ol linemen from UC

I think our D will rise to the occasion. Friday can't get here quick enough. Let's all try and sit together for the Big game....need all our CoachT friends together supporting our boys!!! Keep us updated on how practice goes this week.

I was going to post on the other thread about last night but someone has already shut it. I rode Grider's grayhound up their and Grider gave us the wrong directions and we got lost on the way. We were out in the middle of nowhere. I told that Grayhound driver I would call Grider and ask him to help us find the way. I couldn't believe Grider sent us the wrong way. I barely found a seat last night cause we got to the stadium so late. Let me ask you a question. Why did Grider not have Fennell out their guarding that big ole pass catcher? Fennell is his size and could have guarded him good. You think Im joking cause Im not. That coach was right about trying to beat our boys up. I am going to tell Murphy to include that in next years book about the way some of those boys played. We got back so late last night I have not had a chance yet to read in my book about Union. Does anyone know if Grider is getting one of those grayhounds again for this week and how much it is going to cost. Since Cookeville is closer then it should be alot cheaper. Those ladies filled both of my thermos up last night with hot water to mix my cocoa powder with. Someone on that grayhound told me last night that Union had some big ole boys that could knock a hole. Grider better make our boys lift weights all week so we can be big and strong on Friday.