No TV coverage for DII games?

PowerSweep

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope the DII community will complain enough this year to pressure the TSSAA to televise the DII games next year.

The game was televised at the last minute due to TSSAA guilt, sympathy and DII fans begging.

How about next year playing the DII championship games on Saturday night and allowing DI-Class A and AA play on Thursday night.

It's called rotating the championship games. I believe that is fair!

Thursday games......DI Class A and AA

Friday games..........DI Class AAA, AAAA and DII A

Saturday games......DI Class AAAAA, AAAAAA, and DII AA

ANY THOUGHTS?

I really hope the DII community will complain enough this year to pressure the TSSAA to televise the DII games next year.

The game was televised at the last minute due to TSSAA guilt, sympathy and DII fans begging.

How about next year playing the DII championship games on Saturday night and allowing DI-Class A and AA play on Thursday night.

ANY THOUGHTS?

Never, ever, ever, gonna happen. I know I said this at the beginning of the season, but the interest in Division II can't compare to Division I, as far as interest in the games go. I can't believe that coach t isn't at least a small indicator of fan support and ya'll have 4 or 6 pages on the championship games and all the other games in the classes above have 50 or 60 or 70 or 80. Get the fans and TSSAA will follow or get your own organization or figure out some way to get back into Division I. I would love to see a game between Maryville and MBA,or Alcoa and MUS, or Columbia and Brentwood Academy, or Giles County and BGA, or Union City and Webb, etc. You people are supposed to have money and power and influence......use it and quit fussing.

ANY THOUGHTS?

Never, ever, ever, gonna happen. I know I said this at the beginning of the season, but the interest in Division II can't compare to Division I, as far as interest in the games go. I can't believe that coach t isn't at least a small indicator of fan support and ya'll have 4 or 6 pages on the championship games and all the other games in the classes above have 50 or 60 or 70 or 80. Get the fans and TSSAA will follow or get your own organization or figure out some way to get back into Division I. I would love to see a game between Maryville and MBA,or Alcoa and MUS, or Columbia and Brentwood Academy, or Giles County and BGA, or Union City and Webb, etc. You people are supposed to have money and power and influence......use it and quit fussing.

ANY THOUGHTS?

So the TSSAA looks at COACH T fan input to determine when to schedule championship games?? YEAH right.

Not much interest in DII football?

Standing room only for DII games this year......

EHS vs. MBA (both games)

BA vs. MBA

MUS vs CBHS

MBA vs FRHS

McCallie vs Baylor

BA vs FRHS

BGA vs MBA

Everytime DII schools and supporters use their "money and power and influence" people like you complain the playing field is not fair!

So we FUSS and you COMPLAIN. It is our American right.

Rotate the games next year!!! That is as much money, power and influence I can muster.

If the money and power in the independent schools had any influence with the TSSAA, there wouldn't be a Division II.

And if you don't want to read our complaints about the shafting we get from the TSSAA, there's no requirement that you read our boards.

ANY THOUGHTS?

Okay so maybe we don't have as many fans, but colleges and the general public is probably more interested to watch a high caliber game. We don't have as many alumni because we are smaller schools who don't draw from a single community and we have successful alumni that make money and get out of tennessee instead of getting stuck in the same town.

I laughed when I read your reply to my post. We are celebrating the 200th birthday of our "small town" this year and my family has lived here since almost the beginning. Some of my extended family is on the same farm my great, great, great, great, grandfather acquired. When I pointed this out to my son, he said, "I guess that means we just never made it out.'' But you know it's not a bad life here and we are celebrating a state championship this morning. And oh by the way, we have a few successful alumni as well, but no private schools. I love Tennessee as well.

ANY THOUGHTS?

So the TSSAA looks at COACH T fan input to determine when to schedule championship games?? YEAH right.

Not much interest in DII football?

Standing room only for DII games this year......

EHS vs. MBA (both games)

BA vs. MBA

MUS vs CBHS

MBA vs FRHS

McCallie vs Baylor

BA vs FRHS

BGA vs MBA

Everytime DII schools and supporters use their "money and power and influence" people like you complain the playing field is not fair!

So we FUSS and you COMPLAIN. It is our American right.

Rotate the games next year!!! That is as much money, power and influence I can muster.

Could be that you just don't have ENOUGH money, power and influence? I guess you realize that your fussing on Coach T will also have little impact on the TSSAA, especially since few of the Division II faithful seem to participate on this board. I can't help but feel there is some small statistical significance to the number of posters concerning the championship games of the two Divisions playing this season and the amount of interest in the respective games.

If the money and power in the independent schools had any influence with the TSSAA, there wouldn't be a Division II.

And if you don't want to read our complaints about the shafting we get from the TSSAA, there's no requirement that you read our boards.

I enjoy reading your boards and the complaints especially. Replying to the posts my comments generate is the most fun of all. At least I've got you thinking. Division II is a new and sometimes strange world to me, because we have no private schools in our entire county. I am learning about a very different sociological group from my own and it is a fascinating study. I would like to see the above mentioned match-ups, however.

I enjoy reading your boards and the complaints especially. Replying to the posts my comments generate is the most fun of all. At least I've got you thinking. Division II is a new and sometimes strange world to me, because we have no private schools in our entire county. I am learning about a very different sociological group from my own and it is a fascinating study. I would like to see the above mentioned match-ups, however.

You seem to enjoy our complaints and find humor in our responses. You also indicate that your town is enjoying a state championship today. Imagine you have the good fortune to pick up another one next year...and two more in the next three years. You have a good football program, you follow the rules, and all is well with the world. And then the TSSAA by majority vote consigns your school and a handful of others, spread throughout the state, into a separate division. Your travel costs go up, your scheduling alternatives dwindle, and your state championship pool consists of almost enough teams to have made up two districts in the '70's. Would you maybe find yourself just ever so slightly resentful?

That's what happened to us. We did nothing wrong; we violated no rules. If you want to count BA's issue, a tempest in a teapot over which numerous courts were unable to agree, fine. Punish them. But Ensworth and JP II were stuck here before they ever fielded a varsity football team, much less had an opportunity to commit a transgression of any sort. MBA played football for eight decades without any allegation of impropriety, Ryan for at least six. I know of no complaints against Baylor, McCallie, CBHS or MUS. Likewise, these schools had no monopoly on state football championships in the period of state playoffs from '69 until the split. (Odd how nobody complained about recruting or the allegedly wide pool from which we had to choose then. In Nashville, AAA coaches relished playing MBA and Ryan. That was in the age of spines; sadly, that day has passed.)

Your amusement at our temerity in complaining about a fundamentally unjust act says a great deal about you. Sadly, none of it is very flattering.

Let's make sure we get our facts straight. The last championship game McCallie played in was 06. That year yes we lost to Alcoa on a hook/ladder last second play by 3 points. We also lost by 10 points to them 05. I also do not know the specifics of the contract renewal - that will always be he said/she said unless the schedulers want to speak up. I do know in 07 we had the opportunity to travel to a bowl game in KY and chose to do so. I seem to remember talk of a team who wanted to play us but would require us to travel to them 2 years in a row. I know we went to Alcoa in 06 but am unsure of where it was in 05.

Alcoa has quite a football tradition going and my cousin seems to be a decent little QB for them. It is interesting to see the checks their fan's mouths are writing. Wonder if they can cash them?

As to complaints about the TSSAA, they don't seem to like us and I can't really think of anything they have done for D2 lately. The most reasonable rumor I hear was at the football officials meeting in July at McMinn when they said a proposal was on the table to rotate the championship games. Who knows, it could happen and pigs could fly!

Let's make sure we get our facts straight. The last championship game McCallie played in was 06. That year yes we lost to Alcoa on a hook/ladder last second play by 3 points. We also lost by 10 points to them 05. I also do not know the specifics of the contract renewal - that will always be he said/she said unless the schedulers want to speak up. I do know in 07 we had the opportunity to travel to a bowl game in KY and chose to do so. I seem to remember talk of a team who wanted to play us but would require us to travel to them 2 years in a row. I know we went to Alcoa in 06 but am unsure of where it was in 05.

Alcoa has quite a football tradition going and my cousin seems to be a decent little QB for them. It is interesting to see the checks their fan's mouths are writing. Wonder if they can cash them?

As to complaints about the TSSAA, they don't seem to like us and I can't really think of anything they have done for D2 lately. The most reasonable rumor I hear was at the football officials meeting in July at McMinn when they said a proposal was on the table to rotate the championship games. Who knows, it could happen and pigs could fly!

I'm assuming he's not Blue Cousin?