Grace Christian Rams 2010

utvolzfan

I think "The King" is a little emotional about his failures in life. I'm not a "rich person" but if I have a chance to send my son to a private christian academy you better believe I'll do it too! Everyone should have to go to school together? What year are you from? Go back to 1955 and let us handle this one okay pumpkin?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, what constitutes failure? I have a roof over my head, plenty to eat, a car to drive, a job, and two beautiful children. I count my blessings everyday. I wouldn't care a bit to send my kids to a private school, but I sure wouldn't send them to one who cheats and condones unsportsmanlike behavior. As for 1955, the good book says once again to seek out the old paths and walk there in. There was a time when this country had God's blessing. Then came hippies, dopies, glam rock, grunge rock, video games, cell phones, and internet. And on the heap of the pile are the rich, self-entitled bigots who've got the country in the shape its in. I'd say there is just as much coke snorting going on at Grace "Christian" :roflol: as there are anywhere else. The meanest people alive are "religious people" who don't have Christ. :thumb:

I'm just curious King. That's all. You want to come on here and stereotype people that send their children to private school and now throw out accusations that even those kids are on dope and drugs and what not with zero proof of anything. That's what it is isn't it? You have zero proof to back up anything you say! I bet you are the kind of person that also thinks that the government is watching you right now too right? Well, we are! Didn't you wear that shirt yesterday?

The bottom line is Grace belongs with the other private schools. This wouldn't be an issue if the TSSAA would put you guys where you belong. Many public schools have been robbed of a state title because rich private schools were playing in the same classification. They pay coaches "much" higher salaries and they have players come in from other states "loaded" with talent. I've been around a lot of "religious" people who are wealthy and I would trust a drunk before I would them. Diliiiine, there is also scripture that says its easier for a rich man to go through the eye of a needle than for him to inherit the kingdom of God. In my opinion there shouldn't even be a Grace Christian Academy. If you are a true christian then you wouldn't think your kid was too good to attend a public school. I think all kids should go to school together. We've got enough rich people with a sense of entitlement in this society as it is.

its actually a camel going through the needle not the rich man and in the greek camel can be translated as a large rope which makes sense, and as far as the rich stuff you need to think on a global scale even the poorest of us here (usa) would be considered very rich so that is all of us. if you are going to use scripture against us atleast get it right. i will be the first to tell you how bad of a christian i am because i know who god is and how much i am not like him THANK GOD FOR THE CROSS!!!

The bottom line is Grace belongs with the other private schools. This wouldn't be an issue if the TSSAA would put you guys where you belong. Many public schools have been robbed of a state title because rich private schools were playing in the same classification. They pay coaches "much" higher salaries and they have players come in from other states "loaded" with talent. I've been around a lot of "religious" people who are wealthy and I would trust a drunk before I would them. Diliiiine, there is also scripture that says its easier for a rich man to go through the eye of a needle than for him to inherit the kingdom of God. In my opinion there shouldn't even be a Grace Christian Academy. If you are a true christian then you wouldn't think your kid was too good to attend a public school. I think all kids should go to school together. We've got enough rich people with a sense of entitlement in this society as it is.

its actually a camel going through the needle not the rich man and in the greek camel can be translated as a large rope which makes sense, and as far as the rich stuff you need to think on a global scale even the poorest of us here (usa) would be considered very rich so that is all of us. if you are going to use scripture against us atleast get it right. i will be the first to tell you how bad of a christian i am because i know who god is and how much i am not like him THANK GOD FOR THE CROSS!!!

King,

My children attended both public and private (Christian) schools. You statement on "true" Christians not sending their child to a private Christian school maybe that parent just doesn't want their little johnny or sally going through metal detectors and police shake downs because of gang activity at their school. I will say that they have had strong Christian teachers in both public and private locations, but there is a real issue of violence present that would not have been even dreamed of when I was young.

You also made probably the most accurate statement I have read on here that being the MEANNESS of Christians. This is so true! Satan has a real ally in those who profess with their mouths Christ and turn around and curse (lie, destroy, manipulate) out of that same mouth (see James 3 for more info). i have been around church and Christian schools for over 35 years seeing the INSIDE and I am APPALLED at some of the things that Christians do to EACH OTHER (what ever happened to unity, edification and treating (loving) others as Christ loved us?) and I can't see those who do these things "in the name of Jesus" not facing some kind of repercussions.

Dliine,

the word you mention for "big rope" is actually spelled DIFFERENT (kamelos=camel; kamilos=cable) just sound similar (and is the cable used to tie ships to dock). If you investigate this verse further (a rather absurd sounding statement of hyperbole) you would find that during the time if Christ that walled cities had two kinds of gates one large for commerce and animals to enter and the other much smaller (the size of a man) was called commonly (you may have guessed it) the "Needle's eye". It would have been a very understandable image to the hearer a large camel trying to enter a gate that only large enough for a person. I really am VERY VERY leery about saying that those who WROTE Scripture (in this case the apostle Matthew) made a mistake or even if a later "transcriber" made an error you open up a rather large can worms that you are going to have a hard time putting them back in.

For ALL Christian schools make sure that you leaders are adhering to 1 Timothy 6:3ff

It does no good to argue about it on and on on this website.. Truth be told the only people who knows if there was anything illegal going on are God and the officials at Grace and soon to be TSSAA whenever they investigate if they even do. I do agree no private schools should be playing in the public school division because regardless of illegal things or fair things your gonna get good athletes to come to your school specifically for the name you carry across your chest "so and so christian academy", your going to get the athletes. My point is private schools should have their own division and definitely it does no good to argue when like I said only God and the Grace Christian officials know whats goin on and TSSAA will IF they investigate so best thing to do is sit back and wait and ride this out and see what happens and what is handed down..

King,

My children attended both public and private (Christian) schools. You statement on "true" Christians not sending their child to a private Christian school maybe that parent just doesn't want their little johnny or sally going through metal detectors and police shake downs because of gang activity at their school. I will say that they have had strong Christian teachers in both public and private locations, but there is a real issue of violence present that would not have been even dreamed of when I was young.

You also made probably the most accurate statement I have read on here that being the MEANNESS of Christians. This is so true! Satan has a real ally in those who profess with their mouths Christ and turn around and curse (lie, destroy, manipulate) out of that same mouth (see James 3 for more info). i have been around church and Christian schools for over 35 years seeing the INSIDE and I am APPALLED at some of the things that Christians do to EACH OTHER (what ever happened to unity, edification and treating (loving) others as Christ loved us?) and I can't see those who do these things "in the name of Jesus" not facing some kind of repercussions.

Dliine,

the word you mention for "big rope" is actually spelled DIFFERENT (kamelos=camel; kamilos=cable) just sound similar (and is the cable used to tie ships to dock). If you investigate this verse further (a rather absurd sounding statement of hyperbole) you would find that during the time if Christ that walled cities had two kinds of gates one large for commerce and animals to enter and the other much smaller (the size of a man) was called commonly (you may have guessed it) the "Needle's eye". It would have been a very understandable image to the hearer a large camel trying to enter a gate that only large enough for a person. I really am VERY VERY leery about saying that those who WROTE Scripture (in this case the apostle Matthew) made a mistake or even if a later "transcriber" made an error you open up a rather large can worms that you are going to have a hard time putting them back in.

For ALL Christian schools make sure that you leaders are adhering to 1 Timothy 6:3ff

I believe the King James Version is the real word of God. The only proof I need is it works. The other versions undermine Christ as God in flesh, they undermine the virgin birth, and they undermine the blood as the only atonement for sin. With that being said, I can tell you all that I've had to eat a big slice of humble pie. Just a few short years ago, I had everything going for me. I was arrogant and I fell victim to the "pride" sin. Lets just say I have fallen HARD. I am nothing. All I can do now is when I lay my head down at night is say God I am so sorry for how I've treated you and others. When you belong to God, he will get you in line. Maybe I was a little extreme in saying Grace Christian shouldn't exist. I just wish that they were playing in D-II where they belong. Its really all about the kids.

King,

Apparently it's NOT all about the kids. If it was then us "adults" wouldn't be on here arguing. It's more about our pride in our what?...or football teams?...our baseball and basketball teams?....I grew up knowing that you win some and you lose some....lets see what else...it's not about winning or losing it's how you play the game.....and many other one's I don't feel like typing out. Oh wah wah wah you private school kids should be in division II....wah wah wah....let's not forget that before that coach that's there now arrived, Grace was a two win school....that coach took the Clinton Middle school football team..(not a private school) to 2 state middle school titles in his first 2 years....you think it's recruiting...I think it just might be good coaching. I'm just saying.....when you are on top everyone calls you a cheater...look at Alabama, Florida, Kentucky in basketball....when you are on top NOBODY believes you got there honestly because of the ole green eyed monster jealousy! Instead of blaming Grace as to why you suck, maybe ask your coaches to do a little better job.

You are very unreasonable. Lets spell this out one last time. Our coaches do a good job. Mike Lunsford is one of the best coaches to ever coach in this state. He's won countless games with homegrown players. When you get to the playoffs and there is private schools who get transfers from all over the country, then it is not a level playing field. Maybe you can try to understand that. If you think your Rams are so great, then why not suggest they go to division II? Its because you know you can't win. By the way, no one has a reason to be jealous of Grace because they haven't done jack. :wacko:

Another thing that you mentioned is me stereotyping parents who send their children to private schools and accusing kids of using drugs with no proof. In my same post I said that I wouldn't mind sending my girls to a private school but only if the school practiced good ethics. As for the drugs, if you can show me one school in the U.S. where there is absolutely no drug use, then I want a map so I can visit and shake some hands. Unless you've been living under a rock your whole life, there is a drug culture in the U.S. and everywhere is affected. I commend any parent who wants to do the right thing by their kid

Another thing that you mentioned is me stereotyping parents who send their children to private schools and accusing kids of using drugs with no proof. In my same post I said that I wouldn't mind sending my girls to a private school but only if the school practiced good ethics. As for the drugs, if you can show me one school in the U.S. where there is absolutely no drug use, then I want a map so I can visit and shake some hands. Unless you've been living under a rock your whole life, there is a drug culture in the U.S. and everywhere is affected. I commend any parent who wants to do the right thing by their kid

And you also have kids in all the public schools who believe in God , make good grades and don't use drugs. For the most part, its got more to do with the parenting and whats expected by the parents. You have exceptions both ways. At some point we all have to live in the same world, we just hope our children stir shy of all the vices that causes lots of hardships and greif. God knows , my kids are being taught daily. My private school is right here at my house.

It doesn't matter if Grace, or First , or Second Baptist church paid the tuition. I could have paid it, you could have paid it, my Uncle could pay it. The fact is ANYONE that is not a coach, or a booster can pay anyone's tuition. That didn't happen here. A church gave a helping hand of money to a family that needed it. They used that money to catch up on some things. With what was left over....and what was left over was NOT enough to pay tuition but just enough to help pay....they decided to send the ORPHANED child to Grace. The money has NOTHING to do with playing FOOTBALL or any other sport. Get over it!

tnvols2010, you are getting into the discussion late. It is unfortunate that over the years so many Grace supporter’s appear to be uninformed and argue with an entitled attitude. Thus, they have turned others against them, both Christian and non-Christian.

In reference to the above quote, the TSSAA is a secular organization with a narrow set of rules. It is the job of the coaches and administrators to know these rules. The following are pertinent to the discussion:

TSSAA Handbook

Tuition and Financial Aid

Section 16. If tuition is charged, it must be paid by parent, bona fide guardian or other family member. If a parent, guardian or other family member secures a loan for payment of tuition, it must remain an obligation of the parents, guardian or other family member to repay the principle and interest in full with no exceptions. P. 14

FAQ

Q. Who is allowed to pay a student-athlete’s tuition?

A. If tuition is charged, it must be paid by a parent, bona fide guardian, or other family member. P.49

Q. A student changes school because of the death of his/her parents or guardians. The change is necessary in order for the student to have a home. Is he/she eligible?

A. Such cases should be submitted to the Executive Director who will make a decision on the facts submitted. P.45

In there rush to succeed, Grace is building teams without tradition.