Grace Christian Rams 2010

utvolzfan

I'm not a fan of private schools, nor most of the students and parents affiliated with them because the majority of the ones I have encountered over the last 30 or so years have had their noses a little too far in the air, but public schools recruit too.

:popcorneater:

I agree with you 100%! But we both know that private schools have much more to offer than a public school. Better teachers, fewer students per classroom, coaches that only coach, better facilities, ect..... I could go on and on! Saying that a public school recruits is still not the same a what private schools do.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just told by a TSSAA official that they are going to look into the case at Clinton High School again about a current player we will call him 6...that he is ineligible and That CHS may have to vacate ALL of last season now. Also there is word that Catholic is being put under the microscope now for the same reason GCA was. Thought I would share that. The TSSAA official is good friends with my Father and would not go into great details but that's all I know.

It's funny you should bring that up. There were two teams from District 3-3A who played ineligible players this past season and all they had to do was vacate their wins. Nothing about fines or probations and certainly nothing about punishing sports that weren't even involved. Why were clinton and central not barred from the playoffs for two years, have to pay fines, and have their other sports punished too?

I was just told by a TSSAA official that they are going to look into the case at Clinton High School again about a current player we will call him 6...that he is ineligible and That CHS may have to vacate ALL of last season now. Also there is word that Catholic is being put under the microscope now for the same reason GCA was. Thought I would share that. The TSSAA official is good friends with my Father and would not go into great details but that's all I know.

It's funny you should bring that up. There were two teams from District 3-3A who played ineligible players this past season and all they had to do was vacate their wins. Nothing about fines or probations and certainly nothing about punishing sports that weren't even involved. Why were clinton and central not barred from the playoffs for two years, have to pay fines, and have their other sports punished too?

Because as public schools there was no scholarship money involved. GCA signed an agreement that they would not allow any student who receives scholarship money to participate in athletics in return for the opportunity to play in Division 1, the public school division, instead of Division 2, the private scholarship division. Had GCA been a D2 school this wouldn't have been an issue what so ever. GCA violated that rule, which is a very serious infraction with the TSSAA. That is why the young man was ineligible, not because of a transfer violation like in the Clinton and Central cases.

What happened at CGA and at Central and Clinton are an apples and oranges and bananas comparison. They aren't near the same violation.

The NCAA uses the term "lack of institutional control" when issues involved administration at it's member institutions. This issue with CGA and the TSSAA was a similar thing, which is why the penalties were so harsh.

Don't really know the specifics, but Grace could have have had more than one infraction, and they was probably allready on probation. Grace has done alot of cheating, do the crime , do the time.

Rams Football -Best Season in GCA History:

11-2 Record, Regional Champions, Final Four in State

Coach Randy McKamey named District 3-1A Coach of the Year

TN Sports Writers Association Names Four Rams to 1A All-State team

Atticus Frank, OL; Davis Frank, DL; Jake Minga, DB

you guys could go ahead and take that off of your page now... it means nothing.

Rams Football -Best Season in GCA History:

11-2 Record, Regional Champions, Final Four in State

Coach Randy McKamey named District 3-1A Coach of the Year

TN Sports Writers Association Names Four Rams to 1A All-State team

Atticus Frank, OL; Davis Frank, DL; Jake Minga, DB

you guys could go ahead and take that off of your page now... it means nothing.

If you'll notice the caption states that four Rams were named to the 1A All State Team. Eric Williams was the other Ram, whose name the school wasted no time in removing. Just thought it interesting how quick the school removed Eric's name (while the TSSAA investigation was still going on), but left this up on their GCA website during open enrollment.

Sorry to hear about this for the kids at Grace that had nothing to do with this. Hopefully they part ways with the people who caused this, and get the program going again once the probation has been completed. Sure people get on here and bash privates all the time for issues like this, and I could as well being part of a small private and making us look bad, but gotta feel for this kids in this situation.

People bash the privates because they can see through the BS! To think that this doesn't go on at all private schools in one form or another is foolish. And yes, I am sure it has happened at the great BBS!! Go play D-II and all of this bashing will stop.

Welcome to CoachT. Enjoy your stay. You picked the right name. You are just a hater.

I'm not a fan of private schools, nor most of the students and parents affiliated with them because the majority of the ones I have encountered over the last 30 or so years have had their noses a little too far in the air, but public schools recruit too.

:flower:

I agree with you 100%! But we both know that private schools have much more to offer than a public school. Better teachers, fewer students per classroom, coaches that only coach, better facilities, ect..... I could go on and on! Saying that a public school recruits is still not the same a what private schools do.

Recruiting is recruiting....

Because as public schools there was no scholarship money involved. GCA signed an agreement that they would not allow any student who receives scholarship money to participate in athletics in return for the opportunity to play in Division 1, the public school division, instead of Division 2, the private scholarship division. Had GCA been a D2 school this wouldn't have been an issue what so ever. GCA violated that rule, which is a very serious infraction with the TSSAA. That is why the young man was ineligible, not because of a transfer violation like in the Clinton and Central cases.

What happened at CGA and at Central and Clinton are an apples and oranges and bananas comparison. They aren't near the same violation.

The NCAA uses the term "lack of institutional control" when issues involved administration at it's member institutions. This issue with CGA and the TSSAA was a similar thing, which is why the penalties were so harsh.

Don't all member schools agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the TSSAA? I guess what I'm wondering is where is the difference between ineligible players? This kid is ineligible because of money, that one is ineligible because of grades, or age, or transfers, or whatever. Why has the TSSAA all of a sudden made a distinction and handed out a much more severe punishment for this case than others?