Top AAA teams in the state??

Just overlook Hicotton.....he is just a little proud of Powell and how well they played last year because that is his alma mater..... :roflol: Heck, he didn't even have to change his "orange" shirt from the Powell game to the Blackman game last year at The Murphy Center! :popcorneater:

This week should be very interesting....Good luck to all the players and we are hoping for an injury free season!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AP Poll

Class AAA

Record Pts

1. Morristown West (8) 12-1 148

2. LaVergne (6) 16-0 125

3. Mt. Juliet (1) 14-1 98

4. Memphis Central (2) 8-3 88

T5. Blackman (1) 12-2 72

T5. Riverdale 10-2 72

7. Cocke County 13-3 51

8. Walker Valley 16-1 50

9. Millington 16-2 43

10. Cleveland 14-3 42

Others receiving 12 or more points: Lawrence County 40. Jackson Northside 40. Maryville 31. Memphis Overton 27. Clarksville 14.

Well said Jazzypha24mom!! Tennessee has a lot of great basketball teams all over the state! Tennessee basketball can compete against any state and it's evident by our high profile teams like Mo West, Memphis Central, Ridgeway, Overton, et al going to various showcase games and doing well. Remember my friends it's just like boxing, "Styles make fights!" It's going to be an exciting week down here in Memphis. Let's try to keep a good positive conversation going about the teams without all the negativity. Remember, they are just kids!

Well said Jazzypha24mom!! Tennessee has a lot of great basketball teams all over the state! Tennessee basketball can compete against any state and it's evident by our high profile teams like Mo West, Memphis Central, Ridgeway, Overton, et al going to various showcase games and doing well. Remember my friends it's just like boxing, "Styles make fights!" It's going to be an exciting week down here in Memphis. Let's try to keep a good positive conversation going about the teams without all the negativity. Remember, they are just kids!

B) Millington-74; Bolton-46

:roll: Your Lady Trojans (17-2 /AP#9) looked good tonight! Great district win to gain sum momentum as the schedule gets a bit tough. Im liking our district (14-AAA) this year with the rise of Cordova and Arlington. Hate that Bartlett is having a down year bc otherwise we'd have a LOADED district.

Keep playing that tough in ur face defense MILLINGTON!! You will skip right thru this tough part of the schedule if u keep playing that intense defense!! B)

• 2 weeks later...

:| Its been over two weeks since i've posted my top 10 in AAA. As always, this is just my opinion based off my research of each team, their schedule and success. As we get later in the season, teams playing good now get a little more attention from me in deciding a rank. Here's to a safe and injury free end to the regular season as post season approaches soon. AAA is loaded and i have a heard time with this every time!!!

:|Class 3A Top 10 -as of 1/24/2010

1. Morristown West (18-1)

2. Memphis Central (13-3)

3. Riverdale (14-2)

4. Mt Juliet (19-1)

5. Lavergne (19-1)

6. MILLINGTON (21-2)

7. Walker Valley (20-1)

8. Blackman (15-3)

9. Lawrence County (18-2)

T10.Clarksville (16-3)

T10.Jax Northside (16-1)

Others that need not to be forgotten: Memphis Overton (16-1), Oak Ridge (16-4), Cocke County (16-4), Maryville (17-2), and Cleveland (15-5).

:| Its been over two weeks since i've posted my top 10 in AAA. As always, this is just my opinion based off my research of each team, their schedule and success. As we get later in the season, teams playing good now get a little more attention from me in deciding a rank. Here's to a safe and injury free end to the regular season as post season approaches soon. AAA is loaded and i have a heard time with this every time!!!

:|Class 3A Top 10

1. Morristown West (18-1)

2. Memphis Central (13-3)

3. Riverdale (14-2)

4. Mt Juliet (19-1)

5. Lavergne (19-1)

6. MILLINGTON (21-2)

7. Walker Valley (20-1)

8. Blackman (15-3)

9. Lawrence County (18-2)

T10.Clarksville (16-3)

T10.Jax Northside (16-1)

Others that need not to be forgotten: Memphis Overton (16-1), Oak Ridge (16-4), Cocke County (16-4), Maryville (17-2), and Cleveland (15-5).

MCHS, i can sure take your schools as far as the top schools are concerned and most likely will be in the State but not all due to some are in the same District, Region, etc. Clearing that up just makes the situation a little harder.

Top Schools in AAA Feb. 1. 2010

1. Morristown West- With Goins back will not help recuperitive powers. Hall Senior leadership.

2. Mt. Juliet- Young team getting better. Tradition State Tournament ready, very intense and quick

3. Riverdale- Senior leadership, deep bench, capable of beating anyone, great team play, structured

4. Memphis Central- Experience, great players, very hard region, injuries.

5. Millington- Experience, players, very hard Region

6. Blackman- Good Defensively, very balanced, good inside play.

7. Walker Valley Well balanced team coming out of Disrict 5

8. Maryville

9. Clarksville Solid team, quick

10.Lavergne, Experience, great talent and size and quickness, young team, injuries

11.Jackson North Good size, speed, short on tournament experience.

12. Lawrence County- Good Talent, young team, good Senior leadership.

13. Cocke County- Injuries

14. Cleveland

15. Dobyns Bennett

16. Memphis Overton

That is VERY obvious but do you have any news about the injury, etc, situation there. WV just seemed to come out of the blue when Cleveland just disappeared. D5 is going to have to get by D6 and a couple of schools seem to have been playing better in D6. There is a freight train coming at Region 3 from the winners of 4 no matter whether it is Lawrence and second place in 8 or right now the big 3 out of D7. It is going to be very odd if Shelbyville doesn't come back but Sidetrain is going to have to get the team pulling together for that to happen.

Region 1 and Region 2 seems to be MW and someone else but little has been said with committment there and as thought and expressed by some there, both teams coming out of there may be from Region 2, District 3. Science Hill, OR and Farragut or Maryville could be possibilities out of the rest or who knows, someone may decide to challenge Morristown West and their injuries.

Region 5 and 6, it looks right now, unless injuries, will be the battle between Clarksville and Mt. Juliet. Beech could challenge MJ but Clarksville may have some opposition out of District 11 but injuries just took Hillsboro out of the mix. They should have been in contention.

Region 7 and 8 will be a food fight and what was thought as only a Memphis Central runaway now seems to be whoever is playing the best among six or more schools. Jackson North has some sentiment in Region 7 but its hard to believe that a school with little lately experience in a State Championship atmosphere can get thru the maise of very highly thought of schools in Region 7 and 8. Millington, Fairly, the mystry school Memphis Overton, Ridgeway and one other may compete. The 8 Tournament is ALWAYS unpredictable when the Memphis City Tournament is thrown in to the mix. My thoughts are that Memphis Central and Millington will come out of Region 7 and 8 with outside MO and JN as contenders.

Injuries could effect all Regions and have. And they seem to be injuries, this time of the year, that are recoverable but with cost the effected players a step or two or quickness and be challenging to the depth the school has developed. This years State will expose just how the Coaches involved hve paid attention to developing younger players. There seems to have been a lot of injuries.