Obion Co. @ Gibson Co., Jan. 26th

GCPioneer

While I thought the score was posted wrong and someone had posted it wrong, the banter is amusing. GC was lucky tonite to get beaten when the game really meant nothing except a loss. The target is now off their back with the loss and they can play without that pressure. Obion must be good. No school needs to think they have to defend an unbeaten record.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I thought the score was posted wrong and someone had posted it wrong, the banter is amusing. GC was lucky tonite to get beaten when the game really meant nothing except a loss. The target is now off their back with the loss and they can play without that pressure. Obion must be good. No school needs to think they have to defend an unbeaten record.

Exactly right. There's alot less pressure on the girls now that there is actually a loss in the loss column. This loss wasn't a bad thing for our girls. It was a district loss, however it didn't end our season or anything like that. Friday night's Westview/OC game means alot for the top 3 in 13AA. If OC wins over Westview, it'll put GC/OC tied for #1 in district going to a coin toss and put Westview as the 3 seed. If Westview wins, it'll put GC as the #1 and Westview/OC will have to do a coin toss. The district and region tournament is going to be AWESOME!!!!!

Congrats to the Lady Rebs on a huge win on the road over one of the best girls teams in 2A over the year and a half in Gibson Co. :lol: As I stated on an earlier post, other players had to step up for OC to have a chance and they did. Macy Wright probably had the best game of her career with 19 of her game high 28 points in the 2nd half. Some key steals and layups and a couple of clutch 3-point baskets. I also predicted the team that played the best defense would win this one and again, that was the case. With the game tied at halftime at 34, the Lady Rebs made some adjustments on GC's outstanding guard Heather Butler who had 15 points by halftime but was held to just one field goal in the 2nd half and finished with 22 points. The combination of that along with Aubrey Reedy going out of the game with her fourth foul at the 1:50 mark of the third quarter were definately huge factors in this contest. Aubrey is a special player and is no doubt a difference maker when she's on the floor. Fussell scored another triple-double and let the game come to her instead of forcing the issue. All of the OC ladies played their roles to perfection, Katie Pate made some big baskets, Tucker, Grady and the two freshmen players in Goodman and Hicks made contributions off the bench.

Now back to reality for OC. they travel to the View to take on the Lady chargers Friday night. So if they get too emotionally high from this win over GC, Westview could take them down a notch or two as they already have a Lions Club Christmas Tourney win over OC by one point. OC did dominate "da View" back in Decmeber at Central Station with a 72-49 win but in this district anything can happen and I'm looking forward to another classic battle. :lol:

Congrats again to the Lady Rebels on a solid performance over a top rated opponent.

The reason Obion won wasn't just because they played a good game because they did, it was because we played a poor game, haven't played that poorly since the game where we lost at state 2 years ago. We haven't been playing to the potential that they have for awhile. This was a wake up call & will get them motivated so it's a good thing. It's all about the big prize at the end that is important (someone told me that last night & it is so true)!

Big win for the Lady Rebels!!! Congrats to OC on getting a huge district win over #1 ranked GC. The Lady Pioneers are indeed the real deal, and so are the Lady Rebs. OC weathered the early storm in this one, able to get thru a somewhat slow start, and then settle in and play their game. Fussell was her normal self, with a BIG triple-double, and Macy Wright just "went off". Wright, I think is maybe the best defensive player I have seen in 20 years of doing radio, and is fun to watch. Pate, Tucker, Grady, Goodman, (who keeps getting better and better) and Hicks all played very well, each hitting big shots, and playing WELL on "D". GC was hampered by A. Reedy getting in foul trouble, anyone knows she DOES make a big difference, but for this night, OC outplayed GC. This is a big regular season win, but that is ALL it is, a regular season win. OC must now refocus on the "'View" this Friday night. This will be tough at Martin, as always. Great job last night OC, now take the next step, a win Friday night at Westview. :lol:

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game for the Lady Rebels. What some people don't know about Chasity Fussell is she went to to doctor Tuesday morning and got a sinus shot and her right eye was completly dialated throwing her depth perception off. She told her Dad that she couldn't see good, but she still managed to score 21 points. She pulled a lot of rebounds and passed off to Macy a lot and the team was well balanced. Each and every player had a good game. I told several people before the game that I thought Obion Co. was the only team around that could beat Gibson Co. More than likely they will meet again in the district and it will be at Obion Co. this year. I will be expecting to see another great game.

Ummmm, did someone post that score wrong?

It's true. Gibson Co. isn't invincible as some think.

Congratulations to Coach LaRue and Obion Co. Central. They played an awesome game tonight! Fussell and Wright played a great game. Obion Central got the loose balls tonight and got the 50/50 rebounds and it turned out good for them in the end. Obion Co. is a great team. I told you guys that they have more than just Fussell around them. Macy Wright, Mackenzie Tucker, Katie Pate and the Olivia girl are all good role players and do what they're supposed to do. Coach LaRue is a very good coach. It's going to be a HUGE battle in the district tournament between the 3 top teams.

As for GC, we're alright. This loss isn't the end of the world. Foul differential was 16-3 in the game in favor of Central. Yes, I do know we started fouling towards the end, but maybe 4-5 of those fouls were to stop the clock so really it was 11-3. If you don't think they were bad, take a look at what Coach Russell did to the referee that blew the foul against Butler. Obion Central called a time out and Coach Russell met the ref at half court and went at him for a good minute. That's unlike Coach Russell and it's the first time I've ever seen him do it. Now, don't say I'm on here crying because I ain't. Obion Central outplayed us and won the game. Congrats to OC once again! Covington, I feel sorry for you on Friday night!

No its not the end of the world! You know as i GC had to lose one sooner or later. It got alot of pressure off their back believe that or not! Now the target is a little smaller but a still big bulleyes! They have a good coaching staff and they will rebound no problem. Better to get the loss out of the way than later down the road! :popcorneater:

The reason Obion won wasn't just because they played a good game because they did, it was because we played a poor game, haven't played that poorly since the game where we lost at state 2 years ago. We haven't been playing to the potential that they have for awhile. This was a wake up call & will get them motivated so it's a good thing. It's all about the big prize at the end that is important (someone told me that last night & it is so true)!

FAIL..... :bored:

GC fans are better than this post.... :thumb: