Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

TH, I can not recall Boone ever winning a conference championship. For years, they were stuck with Elizabethton and if ever a team around here had our number, it was them.. We've only beat them one time and that was a playoff game. My years we had a piece of 2nd place, but again Elizabethton had our number. I think if you go way back to the 70's there is some championship in there because Boone made it to a couple of Bowl games (so say the old timers) but I think 80's and 90's you didn't have a conference championship team. More recent, Boone went two years beating everyone in their conference except Morristown West, so they had a couple of runner up years. Last year, we had third behind two good teams. This year....It is hard to know what to think. I can absolutely seeing us having a great year and winning it all, but then again I know that South is looking to prove, TN High and DB are looking for revenge, and SH is an unknown, so it is hard to say. A lot of talent, but time will tell.

"South loses the 1st three. Bank it. The Good Ole Boy Crew is in way over their heads."

Just curious what you base this on batmast....something you have observed or heard? Gut feeling?

West will have a great year. South's only advantage is home field. Not enough. Greenville is loaded and want more this year. Wiped out Morr. West in spring game. South's normally loyal following will be hollering after this one. Boone knows how to win now. It is all about speed and hitting. South has it but either dont use it or don't know how to use it. If their QB goes down forget it. Done.

Sensabaugh will LIGHT IT UP. Record day for him and his team.

Now don't come whinin and moanin. Just the facts.

Could be. They may have a season similar to Dobyns-Bennett's last one. Coach Carter certainly left us a challenging schedule. I wouldn't count the Rebels out of any of these however.

I would imagine any team who has their QB go down might as well forget it unless they are platooning QBs to start with.

Why do you refer to South's coaching staff as the "good ole boys" ? Are you referring to the same staff that has been there for the last 6 years?

"Good Ole Boys" refers to croynism in this case. Loyalty to the detriment of others or the team. I've got quite a few scouting reports on area teams and if I posted South's here, their heads would explode. The main point I'm looking at is the new coaching situation. Looks like you all have a new alpha male thats taken over and it isn't the head coach, who I'm told is a good guy. I know my advise means nothing here, but forget next season if things remain the same.

Interesting post Mast. Cronyism, as it were, would actually define the new Science Hill staff more acurately...since only one of them brought any personal success to the table. And the Alpha Male you speak of is none other than Hunter Jordan. You obviously have no understanding of Coach Jordan's past successes. Not to mention his right hand man who arcording to your "Cronyism" scenario is just along for the ride. When in fact Eric Rowe is quite an individual in his own rite. Yes, he is Jordan's right hand man. Yes, Jordan showed his colors at the Betsy scrimmage. But in all due respect for what you are trying to say I can't help but feel that you are merely relaying gossip heard at work. I wouldn't necessarily call that research. However, that said, I would advise all Rebels to pay close attention to South's new coaching staff. And upon first examination many would conclude as you (or yours) have and proclaim Souths' staff and subsequently their team as incompetent. Based on what you have implied...that the Head Coach is soft enough to let the Assistant Alpha Male be dominant and to infiltrate said staff with "Cronysim" in the form of the Alpha Male's long time Assistant. Sounds like a "Coup" to me by all means. All in all we Rebels appreciate the heads up and will most definately be on the lookout for an overthrow. And most definately, because of such underpinnings in the South program sure failure is eminant. I will give you one thing...you've got a bit of stir there. And your words, "Who I'm told is a good guy" is a lame attempt to show respect for Coach Haynie who by the very nature of your post you are degrading by implying that he has no control over his staff whatsoever. And you know, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and pay very close attention and monitor this potentially violent situation so as not to be surprised when it all comes toppling down. But as well I for one have the utmost respect for these men...one and all and expect they will do their best for these young men. the Rebel Nation

Interesting post Mast. Cronyism, as it were, would actually define the new Science Hill staff more acurately...since only one of them brought any personal success to the table. And the Alpha Male you speak of is none other than Hunter Jordan. You obviously have no understanding of Coach Jordan's past successes. Not to mention his right hand man who arcording to your "Cronyism" scenario is just along for the ride. When in fact Eric Rowe is quite an individual in his own rite. Yes, he is Jordan's right hand man. Yes, Jordan showed his colors at the Betsy scrimmage. But in all due respect for what you are trying to say I can't help but feel that you are merely relaying gossip heard at work. I wouldn't necessarily call that research. However, that said, I would advise all Rebels to pay close attention to South's new coaching staff. And upon first examination many would conclude as you (or yours) have and proclaim Souths' staff and subsequently their team as incompetent. Based on what you have implied...that the Head Coach is soft enough to let the Assistant Alpha Male be dominant and to infiltrate said staff with "Cronysim" in the form of the Alpha Male's long time Assistant. Sounds like a "Coup" to me by all means. All in all we Rebels appreciate the heads up and will most definately be on the lookout for an overthrow. And most definately, because of such underpinnings in the South program sure failure is eminant. I will give you one thing...you've got a bit of stir there. And your words, "Who I'm told is a good guy" is a lame attempt to show respect for Coach Haynie who by the very nature of your post you are degrading by implying that he has no control over his staff whatsoever. And you know, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and pay very close attention and monitor this potentially violent situation so as not to be surprised when it all comes toppling down. But as well I for one have the utmost respect for these men...one and all and expect they will do their best for these young men. the Rebel Nation

Whatever. This has more to do with the community than any one individual. I'm sure Rowe is also a "good guy". Didn't even know of him until tonight. You can break my post down anyway you wish, it won't get you any more wins or lose me any sleep. You'll see.

Whatever. This has more to do with the community than any one individual. I'm sure Rowe is also a "good guy". Didn't even know of him until tonight. You can break my post down anyway you wish, it won't get you any more wins or lose me any sleep. You'll see.

Oh, so now this has to do with the community. I guess I need to go back and reread your post. I missed that part.

You are bashing South...you are bashing the staff. I won't stand and allow you to do that. Now, if you had attempted to address this situation from a more respectable point of view then maybe it could have been deliberated. With the pros and the cons considered. But your mind is already made up. All you are intending to do is say...I told you so. I want to see what you have to say if in fact it doesn't turn out quite the way you have invisioned. Please, maybe next time tender your words a bit differently. Maybe some intelligent dialogue will ensue instead of harsh rebuttal. HAGD

Oh, so now this has to do with the community. I guess I need to go back and reread your post. I missed that part.

You are bashing South...you are bashing the staff. I won't stand and allow you to do that. Now, if you had attempted to address this situation from a more respectable point of view then maybe it could have been deliberated. With the pros and the cons considered. But your mind is already made up. All you are intending to do is say...I told you so. I want to see what you have to say if in fact it doesn't turn out quite the way you have invisioned. Please, maybe next time tender your words a bit differently. Maybe some intelligent dialogue will ensue instead of harsh rebuttal. HAGD

What if he's right and your wrong?

Should have simplified it for you. The FOOTBALL community. Coaches, Parents, Boosters. Not the kids. They will suffer. Over analysis will get you no where.

I don't have a "situation" to be more respectful of. From your point of view the truth looks disrespectful. Cronyism. Look it up.

quote="compusatman"]Interesting post Mast. Cronyism, as it were, would actually define the new Science Hill staff more acurately...since only one of them brought any personal success to the table. And the Alpha Male you speak of is none other than Hunter Jordan. You obviously have no understanding of Coach Jordan's past successes. Not to mention his right hand man who arcording to your "Cronyism" scenario is just along for the ride. When in fact Eric Rowe is quite an individual in his own rite. Yes, he is Jordan's right hand man. Yes, Jordan showed his colors at the Betsy scrimmage. But in all due respect for what you are trying to say I can't help but feel that you are merely relaying gossip heard at work. I wouldn't necessarily call that research. However, that said, I would advise all Rebels to pay close attention to South's new coaching staff. And upon first examination many would conclude as you (or yours) have and proclaim Souths' staff and subsequently their team as incompetent. Based on what you have implied...that the Head Coach is soft enough to let the Assistant Alpha Male be dominant and to infiltrate said staff with "Cronysim" in the form of the Alpha Male's long time Assistant. Sounds like a "Coup" to me by all means. All in all we Rebels appreciate the heads up and will most definately be on the lookout for an overthrow. And most definately, because of such underpinnings in the South program sure failure is eminant. I will give you one thing...you've got a bit of stir there. And your words, "Who I'm told is a good guy" is a lame attempt to show respect for Coach Haynie who by the very nature of your post you are degrading by implying that he has no control over his staff whatsoever. And you know, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and pay very close attention and monitor this potentially violent situation so as not to be surprised when it all comes toppling down. But as well I for one have the utmost respect for these men...one and all and expect they will do their best for these young men. the Rebel Nation

What if he's right and your wrong?

Jack, if he's right then it's a win/win. Jordan takes the HC slot and Haynie takes an Asst. Principal/AD slot and Mark moves into the head slot. We get rid of a few pieces of dead weight and everybody is happy. If he's wrong then we have a thinker HC and a fierce competitor for an OC. Powerful combination. Either way it's a win. 'Cmon Jack, you know I'm right. You have been campaigning for GC to have an OC for ever. It's what is wrong. The HC has to be a Tom Landry. While the OC has to be blood thirsty. That's how it works. Period.

TH, I can not recall Boone ever winning a conference championship. For years, they were stuck with Elizabethton and if ever a team around here had our number, it was them.. We've only beat them one time and that was a playoff game. My years we had a piece of 2nd place, but again Elizabethton had our number. I think if you go way back to the 70's there is some championship in there because Boone made it to a couple of Bowl games (so say the old timers) but I think 80's and 90's you didn't have a conference championship team. More recent, Boone went two years beating everyone in their conference except Morristown West, so they had a couple of runner up years. Last year, we had third behind two good teams. This year....It is hard to know what to think. I can absolutely seeing us having a great year and winning it all, but then again I know that South is looking to prove, TN High and DB are looking for revenge, and SH is an unknown, so it is hard to say. A lot of talent, but time will tell.

I know that the second place Big Nine team would usually face the second place IMAC team in a bowl game.

Mo' West had a really good run from about 2000 to 2006. Ever since Don Woods left, Mo' West hasn't really been as strong as they once were.

Boone has a great shot this year, but anything can happen in this conference.

Jack, if he's right then it's a win/win. Jordan takes the HC slot and Haynie takes an Asst. Principal/AD slot and Mark moves into the head slot. We get rid of a few pieces of dead weight and everybody is happy. If he's wrong then we have a thinker HC and a fierce competitor for an OC. Powerful combination. Either way it's a win. 'Cmon Jack, you know I'm right. You have been campaigning for GC to have an OC for ever. It's what is wrong. The HC has to be a Tom Landry. While the OC has to be blood thirsty. That's how it works. Period.

Hey C'man. Don't know about that win/win deal. Jordan for HC............................ hmmmm. Let's see how he handles his duties and more importantly the players this year. I don't see it.........Sorry.

ConfederateFlag1.gif

I was wondering what you all thought of that Tennessee Delta..whatever.. that seems to be going on at DB South SH and North? So seems like you have four programs where they are taking their pick of the best 6-12 year olds and funnelling them to whatever high school they represent? I am not totally sure about that but it sure seems like a way for everyone else who doesn't make those teams to really lose interest in football. Not really sure how I feel about it but I know you all have talked about that before.