Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Anyone care to give a rundown of the jamboree? Who won the events? And yes I kno it's just the jamboree but how'd the teams look? Carter come out guns a blazin'? Clark play it close to the vest? Haynie have the Rebs ready? Thank u gentlemen!

Boone beat Crockett 7-0 I think but ran clock at end

South beat Tn High 14-7 in best match up

DB beat Falcons handily...2nd team played a lot

Hill beating Central 2 tds to zip before I left.

Fastest lineman Tn High TE Downs I think

Fastest back from Hill Mitchell

Kicker from Tn high name? maybe punter too

My preseason pick the same....DB ahead of the field. 2nd could be a barn burner with Boone early favorite due to # of upperclassmen.

Thanks for the feedback 2Rebels! It seems like many of the consistent posters on this site have not been pleased with the way this event has been handled over the years so I wasn't sure if anyone would go to even provide a recap.

I am not in love with the idea of a jamboree either but any football will do at this point. I look forward to seeing what Carter will do with that talent at SH. I am always shocked when I look at their players size, ability, & stature over the years. It just amazes me that they are not more dominant. I think things change and soon with the new leadership there.

Also, does anyone know if any of the radio stations in Etn will stream coverage of the games? I searched for an hour tonight on the web with no luck. I know the KPT station that used to stream games stated that it was not cost effective last yr when they stopped.

Boone beat Crockett 7-0 I think but ran clock at end

South beat Tn High 14-7 in best match up

DB beat Falcons handily...2nd team played a lot

Hill beating Central 2 tds to zip before I left.

Fastest lineman Tn High TE Downs I think

Fastest back from Hill Mitchell

Kicker from Tn high name? maybe punter too

My preseason pick the same....DB ahead of the field. 2nd could be a barn burner with Boone early favorite due to # of upperclassmen.

Thank you for the update good sir! I heard from someone on a UT Board that #15 for South was impressive, anyone know this players name? Thanks again!

Are tight ends, considered linemen? Anyway, Brendan Downs from Tennessee High ran away with the linemen race. Ryan Mitchell of Science Hill won the running backs race. I think the Sullivan Central QB won the longest throw. Tennessee High kicker won the longest kick. And so on and so forth.

*Hard to tell who is dogging it and who was giving it their best effort. The scores may not be exactly correct.

(1st Q) Boone vs. Crockett - Either Boone looked worse than I thought or Crockett looked better than I thought. Or both. Neither one looked impressive. 7-0 Boone

(2nd Q) Tenn. High vs. South - Overall I thought South looked pretty good. Both teams need to tackle better. 14-7 South

(3rd Q) D-B vs. Volunteer - Volunteer is much improved, but D-B has way to much speed for VHS. I got the feeling D-B was dogging it a little. 9-7 D-B

(4th Q) Central vs. Science Hill - Lightning storm rolled in and cut the 4th quarter in half. Again - way to much speed for Central. 21-0 SH

Are tight ends, considered linemen? Anyway, Brendan Downs from Tennessee High ran away with the linemen race. Ryan Mitchell of Science Hill won the running backs race. I think the Sullivan Central QB won the longest throw. Tennessee High kicker won the longest kick. And so on and so forth.

*Hard to tell who is dogging it and who was giving it their best effort. The scores may not be exactly correct.

(1st Q) Boone vs. Crockett - Either Boone looked worse than I thought or Crockett looked better than I thought. Or both. Neither one looked impressive. 7-0 Boone

(2nd Q) Tenn. High vs. South - Overall I thought South looked pretty good. Both teams need to tackle better. 14-7 South

(3rd Q) D-B vs. Volunteer - Volunteer is much improved, but D-B has way to much speed for VHS. I got the feeling D-B was dogging it a little. 9-7 D-B

(4th Q) Central vs. Science Hill - Lightning storm rolled in and cut the 4th quarter in half. Again - way to much speed for Central. 21-0 SH

Downs was in the fastest lineman contest last year as well. Last year he fell down right at the start so I guess he redeemed himself this year.

Well, DB always dogs it. 2nd team played most of the quarter. volunteer did looked much improved...sneaky little offense kept DB a little off balance.

Boone did appear a little sluggish.

Good point on South/TN High tackling.

After trying to read this for about 15 minuets… I think I figured out what you were saying. I’ll just say this in response… THS has to be the smallest (in number of students). If they aren’t the smallest… they have to be next to the smallest. And just in case you forgot or don’t know… they spanked EVERYONE in the conference at least one good time last year! If there is a school in this area that would be considered to be “picking on the little schools†it would have to be DB… but I have to say it’s not really their fault!! Now go do your homework.

WHAT?WHO YOU SCRIMMAGE,AND WHOS THS FIRST TWO GAMES EAST,VIR.HIGH WHAT POWERHOUSES.MAN YOU DO KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT! :roflol:

After trying to read this for about 15 minuets… I think I figured out what you were saying. I’ll just say this in response… THS has to be the smallest (in number of students). If they aren’t the smallest… they have to be next to the smallest. And just in case you forgot or don’t know… they spanked EVERYONE in the conference at least one good time last year! If there is a school in this area that would be considered to be “picking on the little schools†it would have to be DB… but I have to say it’s not really their fault!! Now go do your homework.

15 WHAT?TRY SPELL CHECK,LOL ,AND YOU TALKING BOUT MY SPELLING OR IS THAT SOME MORE AFRO TALK?LOL :roflol: