State Duals

HCWC

"..................nor will we participate in any attempted validation of DII."

BB

Bayou Bear: Is this an indication that it will again be a waste of time for BCB to post the the annual "When will we get to see Baylor and Bradley wrestle?" topic on this board when wrestling starts up again next season?

I would say so.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slingshot, you bring up valid questions about this and I agree with you regarding this topic,,,,I think. I want to know what is the purpose for having a DII Invitational tournament, and why have it at the same time and at the same venue as a state championship event? Also, whatever the reasoning is to allow a DII invitational why isn't the DI teams afforded the same opportunity?

It seems to me the DI schools got what amounts to there invitational tournament when coaches voted to make a DI A-AA state tournament. It is great that they get to call themselves state champions. The DII invitational tournament is nothing more than this same thing only done years later to enable some programs that are not as strong as the DIIAAA heavys a chance to wrestle. Did they qualify....no, but neither did any of the DII heavyweight schools. The important thing is that these kids get to compete. The T$$AA makes some more money. It should be a great DIIAAA tournament. Any 1 of 4 teams could win it. Wish I could say the same for the DI-AAA. Until they all get together again (DI coaches will never let that happen)..., we'll just have to settle for two too many team state champions and a happy bunch of DII small school winners. Wouldn't it be great to see Bradley wrestle just one of those schools? How much fun would that be?

On my gosh!!!!! How does a discussion of holding an invitational tournament (involving 8 of the worst teams in the state) during the state tournament involve Bradley? Leave us out of this. We are not a party in this matter nor will we partipate in any attempted validation of DII.

BB

Since when does DIV II need any validation? Last time I looked, 4 of the top 5 teams are from Div II while the lone Div I team refuses to wrestle them. And this is the team that is supposedly the best our state has to offer?.... Please.

It seems to me the DI schools got what amounts to there invitational tournament when coaches voted to make a DI A-AA state tournament. It is great that they get to call themselves state champions. The DII invitational tournament is nothing more than this same thing only done years later to enable some programs that are not as strong as the DIIAAA heavys a chance to wrestle. Did they qualify....no, but neither did any of the DII heavyweight schools. The important thing is that these kids get to compete. The T$$AA makes some more money. It should be a great DIIAAA tournament. Any 1 of 4 teams could win it. Wish I could say the same for the DI-AAA. Until they all get together again (DI coaches will never let that happen)..., we'll just have to settle for two too many team state champions and a happy bunch of DII small school winners. Wouldn't it be great to see Bradley wrestle just one of those schools? How much fun would that be?

On my gosh!!!!! How does a discussion of holding an invitational tournament (involving 8 of the worst teams in the state) during the state tournament involve Bradley? Leave us out of this. We are not a party in this matter nor will we partipate in any attempted validation of DII.

BB

Since when does DIV II need any validation? Last time I looked, 4 of the top 5 teams are from Div II while the lone Div I team refuses to wrestle them. And this is the team that is supposedly the best our state has to offer?.... Please.

Then we agree.

The teams in Div II are great. They should be. The top DII schools have most every advantage possible. Plenty of money...They collect up the best kids they can from anywhere they can get them...Generously funded and well coached feeder programs...The vast majority of these kids are from families who do not have financial or social issues...Great coaching...Good facilities.

It's beyond me how these schools ever lose a match to a Div I team. When it happens, there should be some sort of investigation.

The totally ironic thing is.....Many fans of those teams stay awake at night comparing themselves to Bradley. It's hard to understand why. It's like a bunch of Ferrari owners being envious of the owner of a Ford truck. Just doesn't make sense. AND Further....those same Ferrari owners can't understand why the truck won't race them.

You guys keep doing your thing and let us do ours.