Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

To everyone who is downing the administration at LCHS and the fans of Lawrence County: I am a fan and student of Lawrence County, and before practically every game we are reminded of what we can and cannot say, and how to act. For example: we know we cannot say "suck" or use other curse words, and cannot speak to opposing players directly. We know basketball, and we are attentive. So, whoever says that we are rednecks who show up at games just to down the other team can shove it. We are well informed and from what I can tell, did not break any rules and not exhibit the immaturity that Shelbyville showed Friday night

I agree with you 100%.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard something about a Shelbyville coach knocking down a cheerleader prior to the brawl breaking out. I don't know how much truth there is to this, but I know it wouldnt have taken much to rile up the already pumped up Wildcat fans. Don't know who started it, but I have a feeling it was a mutual thing.

Just talked to someone in the know, and the SCHS coach didn't push or knock down and LCHS cheerleader. Heard it was the LCHS fans and their SRO mostly.

Whoever you talked to is obiviously not in the know...your reporting stuff you heard second and third hand from obviously a biased source...stick with the facts...If you weren't there then you don't know.

We got a call on the way home last night that the s,ville coach was taken to the police station. Anyone know if this is true ?

Hey I got a call last night saying that Elvis Presley is teaching Algebra I at LCHS. The statemenet I just made is about as stupid as the question you are asking about Coach Thomas being taken to the police station. Give me a break.

BBALLROCKS, please settle down. They person who posted that was just asking a question. Besides the analogy that you used to Elvis Pressley was a terrible one. For all we know he very well could have been taken to jail, not saying that he did, but you must keep your mind open to all possibilities.

I am just sticking up for a very good friend in a sarcastic way. Yes I admit. I would trust Kevin Thomas with the lives of my two kids. He did not intentionally push anyone. I would guess trying to get to the locker room through a bunch of excited fans it most likely a little crowded. Did he bump her, maybe so and could have others as well.

As far as Andrews punching someone. I look at it this way. If you are going to taunt someone as he was taunted and he also had a drink thrown on him then you should be man enough to take any and all consequences. Was he right in doing what he did, probably not but do not wine like a baby when someone answers your call.

The refs were absolutley horrible. Are they to blame? They certainly officiated a bad game and got everyone excited. One of the refs, Jimmy Davis is horrible. Always has been and looks like he's getting no better. It is a shame that everyone else is held accountable for their actions except TSSAA officials. They do not answer to anyone unless a rule is broken. That is a real shame because it is the kids who pay the price.

SRO Barney, no jurisdiction at all in SCHS gym but over his students. He should have tried to help get them off court. He threatened to arrest our coach. What a laugh!!

Oh well should make for an interesting tournament.

Nobody threw a drink at Andrews. I looked him in the eye before he charged. His exact words were," You want some b*#$h? Huh? You want some?" That's it. He wasn't talking to me, but to the guy behind me. Nothing was thrown at him or said to him. BBALLROCKS, again get your facts straight. As for the coach I have no clue what happened. I did not see that incident go down, but as for the Andrews incident he is the one at fault.

BBALLROCKS, please settle down. They person who posted that was just asking a question. Besides the analogy that you used to Elvis Pressley was a terrible one. For all we know he very well could have been taken to jail, not saying that he did, but you must keep your mind open to all possibilities.

I am just sticking up for a very good friend in a sarcastic way. Yes I admit. I would trust Kevin Thomas with the lives of my two kids. He did not intentionally push anyone. I would guess trying to get to the locker room through a bunch of excited fans it most likely a little crowded. Did he bump her, maybe so and could have others as well.

As far as Andrews punching someone. I look at it this way. If you are going to taunt someone as he was taunted and he also had a drink thrown on him then you should be man enough to take any and all consequences. Was he right in doing what he did, probably not but do not wine like a baby when someone answers your call.

The refs were absolutley horrible. Are they to blame? They certainly officiated a bad game and got everyone excited. One of the refs, Jimmy Davis is horrible. Always has been and looks like he's getting no better. It is a shame that everyone else is held accountable for their actions except TSSAA officials. They do not answer to anyone unless a rule is broken. That is a real shame because it is the kids who pay the price.

SRO Barney, no jurisdiction at all in SCHS gym but over his students. He should have tried to help get them off court. He threatened to arrest our coach. What a laugh!!

It wasn't Thomas, it was an assistant coach, Thomas was too busy arguing with the refs than rounding his players up...and nobody threw a drink at Andrews...he just acted like an idiot..but he learned that behavior from his coaches..so I can't blame him.

First of all, i was a student in the LCHS student section the whole game. We never said anything racial or out of line to any of their players. Yes we stormed the court because we were pumped about the win. Our SRO officer did force us off the floor and in the mean time the SCHS coach was yelling at the ref's and ran over one of our cheerleaders. Our SRO officer and all of us saw the action and our SRO officer confronted him about it and he tried to shrug him off of him. So our student section started chanting for our SRO officer. We did not chant anything or say anything to any of the SCHS players or coaches. We DID NOT throw any kind of drink on Emmanuel Andrews or any of their other players. Emmanuel went off all of the sudden and shoved me and others to the side to take a cheap shot on one of our students. When his teammates saw him they joined in on the action and it was an all out brawl. And for everyone's information a student in our student section did in fact knock him out. There is nothing wrong with what we did. They started the fight and we ended it. Our SRO, our students, our school administration, and our fans did absolutely nothing wrong. SCHS's principal did in fact call our fans "White trash". And people are saying our administration is the joke. The joke is Emmanual Andrews.