Emmanuel Andrews

Wildcats5454

I know this isn't what you want to hear SCHS2010, but the reason you are getting Lawrence Co.'s story is because they were the one's who witnessed the whole situation. The players from SCHS and the fans from LCHS are the one's who really saw the whole thing. Unless the whole basketball team denied the, "going into the student section of LCHS" the powers that be had to look at the facts given. It might have been different if Shelbyville would have witnessed what really happened down there. They would understand why this punishment is just, but they weren't down there so it is hard for them to have a side to the story other than what the basketball team says.

There were coaches from other SCHS sports at the doorway to the gym in that corner. There were parents of SCHS students directly above the LC student section. I, along with my best fried were standing on the rail directly above this entire incident. What kind of statement is that to make?

I think that we would all have to agree that things happened very quickly so I doubt that any of us had time to look around and take all of the names of the people who were "right there".

With all due respect, of all of the crazy and inaccurate things that have been stated on this topic, to say that NO ONE except LC people actually saw anything takes the TOP PRIZE.

I CANT BELIEVE YOU ACTUALLY SAID THAT

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also in the back corner away from all the attention. All the attention was focused on the coach from Shelbyville when he was being confronted by the SRO from LCHS for the other incident. There were hardly any eyes on the players until they charged in. You can't tell me that Everybody in that gym was looking in the back corner at the players when Shelbyville's coach was being confronted like that can you?

honestly, i didn't even notice the confrontation i was listening to the student section yelling, because i said many many times 'something bad is about to happen' and it did.. the whole event was out of hand and i think that many people felt this way. either way.. i'm ready for decisions to be firm and this to be over.

Ok well then. Before that incident there was LC people around down where we were. After the incident is when I saw all of these people from Shelbyville appear out of no where. I'm sorry I offended you but this is what I saw down there. Your right when you said it happened fast. I said later to some buddies that it was like God hit the fast forward button. It came across as that nobody from Shelbyville saw it. I see it now. But you have to say the LC comments are accurate. Hardly any are false.

no, the doorway of the front lobby that i just discussed waiting on the players.. this is how i know that many people from shelbyville were around.. and like i said not to mention that it happened on the home side of the gym.

Home side of the gym?? it happened in the student section of the visitors!!

the visitor student section sits at the end of our home side of the gym..and our student section sits at the end our their side of the gym.. which is why our student sections got moved after this incident to prevent future problems.. it's been this way for years.

Not to argue but I find it hard to consider that end of the gym the home side. LCHS cheerleaders on that end and also the visiting players bench is on that end. It would seem to be the visitors end. This obviously doesn't have a thing to do with Andrews and the other players or even the fight but I just don't get "home side". Could someone from SCHS answer the question about Andrews ever being in trouble??

no, the doorway of the front lobby that i just discussed waiting on the players.. this is how i know that many people from shelbyville were around.. and like i said not to mention that it happened on the home side of the gym.

Home side of the gym?? it happened in the student section of the visitors!!

the visitor student section sits at the end of our home side of the gym..and our student section sits at the end our their side of the gym.. which is why our student sections got moved after this incident to prevent future problems.. it's been this way for years.

Not to argue but I find it hard to consider that end of the gym the home side. LCHS cheerleaders on that end and also the visiting players bench is on that end. It would seem to be the visitors end. This obviously doesn't have a thing to do with Andrews and the other players or even the fight but I just don't get "home side". Could someone from SCHS answer the question about Andrews ever being in trouble??

well it's true.. that whole set of bleachers is where our teachers sit and many of the player's parents or grandparents, the student section sits at the end of that set of bleachers.. we've never understood it either but that's how it was, but the new set up is all home side near the home locker rooms and the visitors near visitor locker rooms to prevent less taunting i guess..which is understandable.. it's much like tullahoma's gym set up if you've ever seen it. What about Emmanuel now?

I am glad to hear SCHS changed the seating. I noticed while I was there that SCHS fans actually sit all over the gym. As a matter of fact Andrews family was behind me on the side I assumed was the visitors. Now for my question, has Andrews ever been in trouble. School or outside school trouble. Has he had any technical fouls, bad attitude, etc..??

I am glad to hear SCHS changed the seating. I noticed while I was there that SCHS fans actually sit all over the gym. As a matter of fact Andrews family was behind me on the side I assumed was the visitors. Now for my question, has Andrews ever been in trouble. School or outside school trouble. Has he had any technical fouls, bad attitude, etc..??

i've gone to school with emmanuel all throughout high school and he's never been in any kind of trouble in or outside of school that any of us are aware of. As for technicals he might have some, but i mean even some of the best players display a bad attitude when they feel a bad call was made, etc. He's a really good kid in and out, works hard at everything he does.. that's why everyone is defending him so much, because we feel he would never just do any of this upon himself.

i've gone to school with emmanuel all throughout high school and he's never been in any kind of trouble in or outside of school that any of us are aware of. As for technicals he might have some, but i mean even some of the best players display a bad attitude when they feel a bad call was made, etc. He's a really good kid in and out, works hard at everything he does.. that's why everyone is defending him so much, because we feel he would never just do any of this upon himself.

By upon himself do you mean taunting from the fans made Andrews take action?

By upon himself do you mean taunting from the fans made Andrews take action?

i'm not saying taunting directly.. but a student did provoke him otherwise he wouldn't just jump in the stands and fight. like i've said SO many times through out this thing we've lost before in that gym and we've had may student sections right where they were sitting and nothing like this has EVER happened.. so why would he just want to jump in the stands and hit people that night?

Thanks for the answer. I hate that this has happened and I am not sure the correct punishments are being made but people of SCHS needs to support Andrews now more than ever. I am looking forward to see how he handles this setback but he should be fine if he is as good a person as you claim. Kids need to understand that technical fouls are not good. Not to say it had anything to do with this incident but it may have. I am sure you are right about the taunting but as an athelete I am sure he has heard this type stuff before also. I hate to blame the coach but he should have been there for his players in that situation and got them into the locker room instead of getting involved with the refs after the game and then the incident with the cheerleader. I am not saying he is a bad person but I do feel like he let his team down that night by losing his cool. Sometimes a coach getting a technical is a good thing and actually sparks his team but the one after the game was just plain dumb. I just hope lessons are learned on both sides and both sides can move on.

Thanks for the answer. I hate that this has happened and I am not sure the correct punishments are being made but people of SCHS needs to support Andrews now more than ever. I am looking forward to see how he handles this setback but he should be fine if he is as good a person as you claim. Kids need to understand that technical fouls are not good. Not to say it had anything to do with this incident but it may have. I am sure you are right about the taunting but as an athelete I am sure he has heard this type stuff before also. I hate to blame the coach but he should have been there for his players in that situation and got them into the locker room instead of getting involved with the refs after the game and then the incident with the cheerleader. I am not saying he is a bad person but I do feel like he let his team down that night by losing his cool. Sometimes a coach getting a technical is a good thing and actually sparks his team but the one after the game was just plain dumb. I just hope lessons are learned on both sides and both sides can move on.

you're welcome. Emmanuel is handling it well, he's always just calm and collective and I haven't heard a bad thing come out if his mouth other than 'man this sucks, i wish i could play'. Coach Thomas was tied up after the game, obviously but we have three other assistant coaches who were with the team as they were trying to get to the locker room. unfortunately they were walking behind them and from what i saw were only able to get in and try to break everything up. I agree, i hope that lessons are learned.. and i think they are.

SCHS2010, I have enjoyed reading all of this tonight. You are one of the few people that has been posting on this that you can have a sensible conversation with. You have been open minded and I thank you for that. I hope that we do all move past this and it works out. I believe that all things happen for a reason for something else to happen better down the road. Thank you again SCHS2010.