Scotts Hill Beats Adamsville

SHlion99

The Henderson County school systems is one of the most segragated in the state. All the way from elemantry to high school. The former superintendant was going to integrate starting at the elementary level and work up but he died (I think) and when he died so did integration. It is what it is.........that is just the plain truth. It doesn't matter to me I'm just stating the truth.

Scotts Hill also has MUCH MUCH better teacher to student ratio than Lexington yet both recieve tax payer money and neither is a county school (like Gibson county or say Crocket County) how can that inequity be explained. Same County 2 schools and neither is the county school yet one has a much better teached to student ratio....interesting espeically when that is one of the number one bench marks to making sure students achieve and do well.

The whole Scotts Hill deal with the new school was engineered to achive a desired result for those in Henderson County that didn't want their kids going to Lexington. The deisred result was a segragated school system. And guess what Scotts Hill could very well be the most lily white public school in West TN and one of the most lily white in the entire state.

Trust me I'm no bleeding heart liberal. As a matter of fact Rush Limbaugh is to far to the left for me. But I have no problem telling it like it is. Anybody that knows the inner working of Henderson County and the politics involved knows i'm telling the truth. Remember this is the county that elected OVER AND OVER AND OVER Jack Fowler......LOL He was the kind of good ole boy the people of Henderson County was proud of and stood for Henderson County values....LOL

Like I said I was never going to say anything about any of this until somebody brought up tht Scotts Hill has to earn respect because they are all white. Right wrong indifferent or whatever don't try to mask things. Just be honest or if you can't be honest just don't say anything.

BTW, JCS USJ and Trinity are not public schools. And anybody with a brain knows that Adamsville (with the Selmer kids...good try) is far far far far more integrated than Scotts Hill. Oh and isn't Selmer just literally right down the road from Adamsville where as Parkers Crossroads is not right down the road from Scotts Hill but only a stones throw away from Lexington.

Like I said I could care less. It seems both sides have trashed the other sides players. I don't think either side holds the moral high ground on this one..........at least not if this thread is any indication.

I just sat here and read every entry on this topic and I am quite captivated by this discussion. My wife is from Sardis and I know many fine people in Scotts Hill and Adamsville. This is ridiculous. OK, Scotts Hill is a "White School". I don't really know the racial make-up of Adamsville but it does not matter. A good BBall player can be black, white, yellow or red. These are 14-18 year old kids playing this game and the adults whom they look up to are you guys.

Have some class........and congratulations to Scotts Hill and Adamsville for a fine season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way.....did you say Rush (the idiot) Limbaugh was too far left for you? WOW :thumb:

My point exactly....it doesn't matter what color a kid is so why bring something like that up in the first place. All i did was just stated the truth of the Henderson County school system. Donn't worry about me and don't tell me to have some class.......People get on here all high and mighty like yourself all the time and say oh it's all about the kids and all this BS. NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some of these KIDS that play are so dissrespectfull and cocky they should be called out and their parents should take them out behind the woodshed. I also know a few very fine people from Scotts Hill and I also know Scotts Hill has a in the closet red neck culture..........GET REAL!!!!!!! This ain't no fantasy land this is just how it is. Deny Deny Deny.........I could care less.

BTW, the Rush thing was a joke. I'm about as middle of the road as you will find.

Don't lecture me and don't try to come off as Mr doo gooder holier than thou. Give me a break. Here is the problem...most people try to skirt around the truth or come up with excuses........I don't I call it like it really is.

Have a nice day and go back to Sardis and insulate yourself from the real world.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Henderson County school systems is one of the most segragated in the state. All the way from elemantry to high school. The former superintendant was going to integrate starting at the elementary level and work up but he died (I think) and when he died so did integration. It is what it is.........that is just the plain truth. It doesn't matter to me I'm just stating the truth.

Scotts Hill also has MUCH MUCH better teacher to student ratio than Lexington yet both recieve tax payer money and neither is a county school (like Gibson county or say Crocket County) how can that inequity be explained. Same County 2 schools and neither is the county school yet one has a much better teached to student ratio....interesting espeically when that is one of the number one bench marks to making sure students achieve and do well.

The whole Scotts Hill deal with the new school was engineered to achive a desired result for those in Henderson County that didn't want their kids going to Lexington. The deisred result was a segragated school system. And guess what Scotts Hill could very well be the most lily white public school in West TN and one of the most lily white in the entire state.

Trust me I'm no bleeding heart liberal. As a matter of fact Rush Limbaugh is to far to the left for me. But I have no problem telling it like it is. Anybody that knows the inner working of Henderson County and the politics involved knows i'm telling the truth. Remember this is the county that elected OVER AND OVER AND OVER Jack Fowler......LOL He was the kind of good ole boy the people of Henderson County was proud of and stood for Henderson County values....LOL

Like I said I was never going to say anything about any of this until somebody brought up tht Scotts Hill has to earn respect because they are all white. Right wrong indifferent or whatever don't try to mask things. Just be honest or if you can't be honest just don't say anything.

BTW, JCS USJ and Trinity are not public schools. And anybody with a brain knows that Adamsville (with the Selmer kids...good try) is far far far far more integrated than Scotts Hill. Oh and isn't Selmer just literally right down the road from Adamsville where as Parkers Crossroads is not right down the road from Scotts Hill but only a stones throw away from Lexington.

Like I said I could care less. It seems both sides have trashed the other sides players. I don't think either side holds the moral high ground on this one..........at least not if this thread is any indication.

I just sat here and read every entry on this topic and I am quite captivated by this discussion. My wife is from Sardis and I know many fine people in Scotts Hill and Adamsville. This is ridiculous. OK, Scotts Hill is a "White School". I don't really know the racial make-up of Adamsville but it does not matter. A good BBall player can be black, white, yellow or red. These are 14-18 year old kids playing this game and the adults whom they look up to are you guys.

Have some class........and congratulations to Scotts Hill and Adamsville for a fine season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way.....did you say Rush (the idiot) Limbaugh was too far left for you? WOW :thumb:

My point exactly....it doesn't matter what color a kid is so why bring something like that up in the first place. All i did was just stated the truth of the Henderson County school system. Donn't worry about me and don't tell me to have some class.......People get on here all high and mighty like yourself all the time and say oh it's all about the kids and all this BS. NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some of these KIDS that play are so dissrespectfull and cocky they should be called out and their parents should take them out behind the woodshed. I also know a few very fine people from Scotts Hill and I also know Scotts Hill has a in the closet red neck culture..........GET REAL!!!!!!! This ain't no fantasy land this is just how it is. Deny Deny Deny.........I could care less.

BTW, the Rush thing was a joke. I'm about as middle of the road as you will find.

Don't lecture me and don't try to come off as Mr doo gooder holier than thou. Give me a break. Here is the problem...most people try to skirt around the truth or come up with excuses........I don't I call it like it really is.

Have a nice day and go back to Sardis and insulate yourself from the real world.

Yankee

I am a big fan of yours and all i can say is PREACH-ON brother PREACH-on.

BTW for the writer that was saying that kids were going to JCS, USJ and Trinity they are welcome to go there to if they got about $5000-$7000 per year. I'm sure they would love to see you in the $$$$downturn we're in.

As a longtime fan of high school sports especially basketball I can't remember when Scotts Hill has been better. With that being said there is something to be said with winning and know how to win. Having observed Hardin County and McNairy County basketball for over 25 years it seems that teams that are majority white always have to play at a higher level to attain respect. Hardin County faces this when they play in the AAA division and regions run into Memphis and the intimidation factor they face always play apart in their performance. Several times Adamsville has had this same situation where they have had majority white teams and playing for respect becomes a priority because they want to be recognized as a good basketball team not a good white team. However, when you begin to be thugish or unsportsman like or arrogant then you might be crossing the line. As someone who "doesn't have a dog in the fight" I witnessed after the game hand shakes where no minority player from Adamsville had their hand shook by a Scotts Hill player. This is what people are talking about when they say, thugish, or no class. When a team wins, that performance should say enough. Shake hands and congratulate each other on a well played game and be thankful that no one was injured. Remember sportsmanship and class is a reflection of not only the school but the community, I think both these schools are much to big to allow this situation to tarnish what has grown into a good rivalry.

Now the McNairy fan that has posted has plenty of their own problems, its funny that their is no thread here that is devoted to your team. Scotts Hill and Adamsville have more wins against teams in your AA district than you do, so you need to fix the problems with your team before you make judgement on others. Remember if you were in District 15-A you would be no higher than a 4 seed, wait a minute, did you guys play Madison, the #6 seed, maybe that 4 seed in this district might be giving you too much credit. Anyway Bobcat, after next week spring football can start, and you hopes can begin for next season. Oh wait, Adamsville and The Hill might be gaining on you in football too.

McNairy has struggled this year but should have beaten you both times. Couldn't make free throws in either game and it cost them. They played Madison in a HOF game early in the year before some of their players got hurt and it won't be a surprise if they beat the Cardinals this week since you guys have had so much good fortune in the post season lately. You guys beat Chester Co from our district, we split with them and beat them by 36 when we had our whole team. Scotts Hill played JCM and got beat by about 40 pts. JCM finished 4th in our district. Fact is our district makes yours look like a PEE WEE league. Your team gets up to play McNairy because they kinow that is as big a victory as they can get.

As for as the passion that the players play with, there is a big difference between passion and poor sportsmanship. Jumping up and down when you hit a shot, telling the crowd to be quiet, or arguing with referees all the time, is not passion. Passion is diving for loose balls and taking charges. Adamsville has a good team, but they absolutely no class.

First off Middleton is alot bigger win for Adamsville than it is for them to beat Mcnairy, because they are harder to come by. And if McNairy is the biggest win for Adamsville then any win against Adamsville or Middleton is huge for McNairy cause wins in thier own classafication are few and far between. The last time that Adamsville/McNairy game has been really important was the 95/96 season when they were both in the same district. The great thing about a rivalry is that both teams feel like they have a chance to win, just the last 3 years it hasn't been that way for McNairy.

What are you smokin Jimmy? In the last three years, every game has been decided by within 7 pts and McNairy won a game last year. So, tell me where McNairy didn't feel like they had a chance to win? The three years before those, McNairy went 5-1, so Aville must not of thought they had a chance to win, right? McNairy girls have won 16 straight but Aville girls don't consider it a rivalry? They sure have played like it over the past few years. McNairy won 19 or 20 straight in football until this year but it's not a rivalry right? If it's not a rivalry, then Aville should not have acted like they won the Super Bowl after that win should they? Do you even have a clue what a rivalry is?

McNairy don't think Aville is as big a win as other teams in their district. Yeah, Aville is a win that McNairy always likes, but beating teams in the district are bigger wins because they are usually better teams and district games.

Ill agree with you, it is a rivarly it just hasn't been a very good one for the past three years. Adamsville lost last year with a team that went 12-17, and Adamsville did go 5-1 the previous threes years just as you say. But think about this, open enrollment has been talked about in this thread already. If Ken Bingham took advantage of the open enrollment policy in McNairy Co. this wouldn't even be a issue, Mcnairy wouldn't have won a game (besides the one last year) since 2001. and 1997 before that i do beleive. The savior of Bobcat boys basketball was Blaine Mahaffey's ability to keep Bingham there. This isn't a girls basketball thread and ill agree that it isn't much of a rivarly, i believe the football rivarly is renewed if Adamsville wins 2 in a row not just last years win. but as my previous post said, i was just talking about the last 3 years.

This thread isn't about McNairy and Adamsville, if you want to start one Jimmy wood chip brain, then go ahead.

The facts are as stated in this thread that Adamsville players have no class. They don;t show passion for the game, they show complete disrespect for opporsing teams, fans and referee's. It shouldn't matter that #30 is the former coach's and current principal's son. Actions like theirs during wins and losses should not be tolerated. So I guess you should do like #30 tells the opporsing crowd - SHUT UP

Bobcats83, you're the fish out of water here. This is an Adamsville-Scotts Hill thread that you came into talking about the way Adamsville's players acted against McNairy. This thread says nothing about McNairy. So unless you wanted to talk about the game between Adamsville and Scotts Hill then chipwood had every reason to defend his team. Since you're on it the thing that seperates McNairy and Adamsville is emotion. The Adamsville players play with passion and emotion and play hard and to win. Coach Austin does a great job getting the most of those guys and they have had a good season so far.. But that same passion and emotion you see come out of the players from Adamsville (and Scotts Hill for that matter) you don't see come out of the kids from McNairy. I know that the program has had alot of internal problems this season. You had one player come out of alternative school for the game Saturday night.. If your program is so classy why is this kid even on the floor?... Maybe those guys from Adamsville come off as cocky and arrogant because they play with pride. They aren't used to losing either. Check out the banners next time you visit our gym. There's a pretty rich tradition at Adamsville. IF McNairy has a little sucess in the future, maybe your fans and players can have something to be proud of and you guys will understand why Adamsville players get so emotional about the game.

Scot's Hill is a lily white school by choice. That's just the plain truth. I know one of the starting players lives at Parkers Crossroads but goes to Scotts Hill instead of Lexington. MANY MANY MANY kids at Scotts Hill are CLOSER to Lexington than Scotts Hill. Open enrollment in Henderson County has achieved it's desired result.........No matter what you think that's just the truth.

BTW, I have ZERO allegiance to Lexington. As a matter of fact I could care less about Lexington. I wasn't even going to post this until somebody else brought up that Scotts Hill has to gain and earn respect because they are all white. Or something like that. I saw Scotts Hill last season and they play a dirty brand of basketball. Maybe they have changed since then but that is what I saw last season.

Ok first off Mr. Yankee, it's Scott's Hill with two t's and second off you no NOTHING about Scotts Hill!!! Before you go calling us racist why don't you do some research about our school and learn the real reasons why students want to come to our school.......the main one, to get a quality EDUCATION!

• 1 year later...

Wow,I know that this post is a year old,but I'm glad that I've stumbled over it anyway.EVERY STATEMENT IN THE ABOVE POST IS FALSE...Both Lexington and Scotts Hill ARE county schools,teacher to student ratios ARE virtualy identical,Kip Reel(previous Director of Schools)DID NOT have any plans to "integrate"students from any one school to another,excepting Beaver,for the reason that enrollment was below state minimum requirements,affecting state funding,and lastly Lexington students were bussed to Scotts Hill as desired because Lexington was,at that time,on the watch list for not meeting graduation rates/minimum test scores as dictated by state mandates.I've seen people post inaccurate information on here before,but you....my friend,you take the cake,and to imply that you're so sure of the allegations posted is almost criminal.Get at least some the facts straight before posting another "conspiracy theory",or stick to the Kennedy assination or U.F.O. subjects.By the way,how does all this garbage get posted on a basketball thread.....SHEESH!!