Region 7AA Tournament

LetMeHearYA

One thing was certain, it was one of the more competitive Region 7AA semifinals I've seen in quite sometime :roll: Lady Rebs had a 15 point lead with about 3:00 left in the third qtr. and seem to be in control. Hats off to Da View for taking the time out and coming out with Rechis controlling the point and attacking the basket. She played a huge part in the Lady Chargers comeback and Ables made some big shots off the bench.

I still say the "3" hit at the end of the third came after the buzzer- but everyone is human and both teams just had to put that behind them and play on. taking nothing away from Westview- they worked their tails off in the comeback and earned the chance to continue to play.

As for the conspiracy theories, throwing games, etc. etc. let's keep in mind that many high school kids read these posts and all they can control is their play on the floor. Other outside factors have nothing to do with them as 14,15,16, or 17 year old youth who just love to play the game of basketball. :lol:

As for the Lady Rebels of Obion Central- congrats to Coach LaRue and his team on a great season with 27 wins and a regional semifinal berth. Seniors Laurie Craddock, Olivia GRADY, Chassidy Fussell and Katie Pate - best of luck in the future as you'll go on to better things in life. They've played a big part in keeping the Lady Rebel program competitive with hard work and determination to make themselves better each and every day.

As for the rest of the 7AA tourney- should be another interesting matchup this evening between two good girls teams who are well coached and have a tremendous amount of talent on both sides. Hopefully they'll represent this area in the state tournament and perhaps meet in the 2A state finals.

That's why they call it March Madness!! Getcha Popcorn ready!! :o

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redbird fan thanks for a great post especially the part about kids reading these post. It seems that just about everyone on here was rooting against Central and really gave the Lady Rebels no respect. I understand if u think Larue threw the game but thats just peoples opinion and everyone has one but for some people to say that Central got what they deserved or that was karma is taking away from everything the girls has worked hard for all year long. I feel if you dont have anything nice to say especially when it comes to kids and if they are hurt or not or if they cussed the coach or not when you dont know for sure you just should say nothing. These ladies worked as hard as the other teams and had a great season when nothing to be ashamed of. To go into a gym and play as hard as they did against a great Westview team in gym that everyone was rooting against you except your home team and to keep their composure not only says alot for them but their coach. It had to be hard for them to see adults rush the court like it was a state championship game when they just lost a nail biter so as Reble fan I am very proud of our girls and the coaching staff for all they have done this year. I wish continued success to the seniors in the future cause these girls are not only great athletes but also good kids off the floor and in the classroom. Good Luck to the Lady Pioneers and Lady Chargers they both are outstanding ball clubs that I am sure will represent our district well in the next couple of games and I am pretty sure in the State tourney! Again I am proud of the Lady Rebels and proud to be a Lady Rebel and Rebel fan!

It's halftime in Lexington.

Gibson Co. 37, Westview 19

Stats at the break:

2 pt. FG - GC 13-19, WHS 6-15

3 pt. FG - GC 3-7, WHS 2-5

Free throws - GC 2-2, WHS 1-4

Rebounds - GC 11, WHS 4

Turnovers - GC 2, WHS 4

Heather Butler and Heather Griffin have 12 points each for Gibson Co.

Amber Rechis leads Westview with 7 points.

Final from Lexington.

Gibson Co. 64, Westview 44

Congratulations to Coach Russell and Gibson Co. on their third consecutive regional championship! Best of luck to both teams on Saturday night in the sectionals. Hope to see the Lady Pioneers and Lady Chargers next week in Murfreesboro.

All-Region Team:

Gibson Co. - Heather Butler, Heather Griffin, Aubrey Reedy

Westview - Amber Rechis, Grace Ann Swaim

Obion Central - Chassidy Fussell, Macy Wright

Bolivar - Kendra Williams, Emily Rivers

Score by quarters:

GCHS - 16 21 18 9 -- 64

WHS - 4 15 23 2 -- 44

Leading scorers:

GC - Butler 25, Griffin 23

WHS - Rechis 12

Final stats:

2 pt. FG - GC 21-33, WHS 13-31

3 pt. FG - GC 5-14, WHS 5-11

Free throws - GC 7-8, WHS 3-9

Rebounds - GC 22, WHS 14

Turnovers - GC 4, WHS 5

One thing was certain, it was one of the more competitive Region 7AA semifinals I've seen in quite sometime :o Lady Rebs had a 15 point lead with about 3:00 left in the third qtr. and seem to be in control. Hats off to Da View for taking the time out and coming out with Rechis controlling the point and attacking the basket. She played a huge part in the Lady Chargers comeback and Ables made some big shots off the bench.

I still say the "3" hit at the end of the third came after the buzzer- but everyone is human and both teams just had to put that behind them and play on. taking nothing away from Westview- they worked their tails off in the comeback and earned the chance to continue to play.

As for the conspiracy theories, throwing games, etc. etc. let's keep in mind that many high school kids read these posts and all they can control is their play on the floor. Other outside factors have nothing to do with them as 14,15,16, or 17 year old youth who just love to play the game of basketball. B)

As for the Lady Rebels of Obion Central- congrats to Coach LaRue and his team on a great season with 27 wins and a regional semifinal berth. Seniors Laurie Craddock, Olivia GRADY, Chassidy Fussell and Katie Pate - best of luck in the future as you'll go on to better things in life. They've played a big part in keeping the Lady Rebel program competitive with hard work and determination to make themselves better each and every day.

As for the rest of the 7AA tourney- should be another interesting matchup this evening between two good girls teams who are well coached and have a tremendous amount of talent on both sides. Hopefully they'll represent this area in the state tournament and perhaps meet in the 2A state finals.

That's why they call it March Madness!! Getcha Popcorn ready!! :roflol:

Redbirdfan...I could not have said it better myself. Girls basketball in 13AA and region 7AA is fun to watch and I would say one of the more competitive for girls basketball probably in the state. I have always loved watching 13AA as I have been a follower for some 18 years. I love this time of year. Good luck to all the seniors from OC. We all just need to keep this whole thing in perspective....its only a game. In the overall scheme of things it won't matter how many awards you win, but how you are as a person and the witness you show as a christian. (my opinion) :oops:

Awesome win for Gibson Co. tonight. That was a great game played by our girls from start to finish. We played great defense on Rechis and made her force some very tough shots which resulted in a miss. Butler did great defending her and everyone else did great helping when needed. Everyone looks at our offense as our key to win games, here lately our defense has been absolutely outstanding! Westview didn't score their first bucket until with about 2 1/2 minutes left in the first quarter. I've stated that Khadijah Alexander has been playing alot better lately. She played GREAT tonight offensively and defensively. That double pump shot she hit in the second half was extremely nice. Also, what about Butler shooting the 3 ball from where that volleyball court line is in front of half court and was nothing but net. You could tell she was feeling it. That was probably the deepest 3 she's ever hit. Congrats to our girls tonight and I look forward to Manassas coming to Gibson Co. Saturday night!

Also, I want to say that Lexington hosted a very good tournament despite us having that long of a haul down there. Great job to Lexington on hosting!