volunteer high

easttnboy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds about right...no search for a good coach...simple minds. on the other hand, i hope he does well. especially if whitt stays at the school to teach.

Barnette is a good coach. Actually he is a great coach. He knows the game. He knows the players. He knows how to get what he needs out of the guys. So what I am saying is it's not hard to see what's right under your nose when you are looking for something.

Maybe so...but if whitt stays in the school...mark my words...it will not take long for things to start to crumble. no win situation. just like the girls awkwardness. anyway, wish them the best of luck.

I would say you are right. However, I find it hard to imagine Whittemore staying just to teach. I know he has had offers in the past to leave, so I wouldn't think he would have a hard time finding a new coaching position, plus I think most would agree he was a coach first, then a teacher. I just don't see him hanging around just to teach.

Saw Whitt and his wife in a convienence store tonight. Left in a car with temporary South Carolina plates. Ive been quiet for a long time about this subject but alot of people saw this coming years ago. A few years back I was accused of making trouble for this man, however I think he proved that I was correct on about every point. Good luck to the Volunteer program. Mr. Barnett would make an excellent choice.

Saw Whitt and his wife in a convienence store tonight. Left in a car with temporary South Carolina plates. Ive been quiet for a long time about this subject but alot of people saw this coming years ago. A few years back I was accused of making trouble for this man, however I think he proved that I was correct on about every point. Good luck to the Volunteer program. Mr. Barnett would make an excellent choice.

Football and both basketball programs seem to be in shambles. When programs are this bad problem is deeper than the coaches. The administration needs to back the coaches and stand up to the parents of rec league superstars that are running things. No coach can have a competitive much less winning program when they are told who to play.

It is my wish that VHS is successful in finding a boys basketball coach who will once again produce exciting, winning and championship caliber teams. I know that it can be done because my teams achieved just that. I would like to thank all the wonderful players who worked so hard for me when I coached at Volunteer. They enabled us to enjoy many, many victories and let me say so many times, "the pudding's in the pie". That means we kicked butt and passed out bubblegum.

Mr. Tommy Dykes was a fantastic superintendent who always appreciated someone working hard to produce results in the classroom and on the athletic field. That is the way he did things. I loved teaching and coaching under him. I was an outsider who came in and turned around a program that had never won. There were numerous people who were jealous of my team's success, but they were the wannabes. That is always the case. As a player I always felt many people wanted to be an All American, but they were unwilling to wake up every morning at 5 AM and work eight hours a day to achieve it.

When I coached, no parent, administrator, or anyone else ever influenced who I played. That was never going to happen. I had my share of critics from Surgoinsville and Church Hill, but always the best answer to criticism is simply to win.

When I first started coaching I promised myself that the only critic I would ever take seriously would be a person who I thought had a better basketball background than I had...so that eliminated 100% of my critics. I always enjoyed having critics, because without critics how could you possibly say the following - "When my time on earth is done, and all my activities have come to pass, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my _____"

I always thought we had great fans af Volunteer, and I appreciated them. Ronnie Housewright was always my favorite because his heart was the purest. He loved to watch our teams win. Ronnie - I love you, man.

In closing, Coach Mo wants to know "Whose Your Daddy Now?" The weather's getting warmer, so I will simply reach for another cold one.

Good Luck Volunteer!!

It is my wish that VHS is successful in finding a boys basketball coach who will once again produce exciting, winning and championship caliber teams. I know that it can be done because my teams achieved just that. I would like to thank all the wonderful players who worked so hard for me when I coached at Volunteer. They enabled us to enjoy many, many victories and let me say so many times, "the pudding's in the pie". That means we kicked butt and passed out bubblegum.

Mr. Tommy Dykes was a fantastic superintendent who always appreciated someone working hard to produce results in the classroom and on the athletic field. That is the way he did things. I loved teaching and coaching under him. I was an outsider who came in and turned around a program that had never won. There were numerous people who were jealous of my team's success, but they were the wannabes. That is always the case. As a player I always felt many people wanted to be an All American, but they were unwilling to wake up every morning at 5 AM and work eight hours a day to achieve it.

When I coached, no parent, administrator, or anyone else ever influenced who I played. That was never going to happen. I had my share of critics from Surgoinsville and Church Hill, but always the best answer to criticism is simply to win.

When I first started coaching I promised myself that the only critic I would ever take seriously would be a person who I thought had a better basketball background than I had...so that eliminated 100% of my critics. I always enjoyed having critics, because without critics how could you possibly say the following - "When my time on earth is done, and all my activities have come to pass, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my _____"

I always thought we had great fans af Volunteer, and I appreciated them. Ronnie Housewright was always my favorite because his heart was the purest. He loved to watch our teams win. Ronnie - I love you, man.

In closing, Coach Mo wants to know "Whose Your Daddy Now?" The weather's getting warmer, so I will simply reach for another cold one.

Good Luck Volunteer!!

So you are you're only critic because you have yet to run across anybody with a better basketball background than yourself. That can only mean one of 2 things...(1) you have yet to travel longer than about 1 mile from wherever it is you live or (2) you should be in line as the next coach at Duke or the Lakers or somewhere like that.

Quick question...were you on the short list for the Wake Forest job or are you the next coach of Nike school Oregon? Just curious. Oh one more thing.....i noticed you said people were jealous of you and that you turned a loosing program into a winning one..... I DON'T CLAIM TO HAVE THE VAST KNOWLEDGE OF THIS GAME AS YOU AND I DOUBT ANYONE IN THIS COUNTRY DOES but just so you know or in case you didn't know turning a loosing program into a winning program has been down about 500 million times throughout this country. No offense here but maybe you should take a step back and give the players a little credit for winning...I know that must be hard for somebody with as much superior basketball knowledge as you but you do know you can't win at a high level without good players.....you may win at the local level but to advance deep into post season it's a must to have good players....oops sorry, I meant it's a must for most teams...sorry for lumping the great coach Mo in with all the other coaches.

Talk about your teams kicking butt and passing out bubble gum...that's funny....where I come from we kick butt and take names and our great coaches RARELY IF EVER toot their own horns like you. The great coaches in my area just let the state championships speak for themselves.