predictions on title game in single A

jcman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moore Co. is going to be VERY good next year and should probably be favored to win it all. They were a young team (only 1 Senior) and had some great talent. #11 for Moore Co. is going to be an awesome player by her Senior year. If I remember correctly, she's only a Sophomore. She definately didn't play like it. Congrats to Moore Co. on a great year and I'm sure you guys will be back playing for another state championship next year!

Moore Co. is going to be VERY good next year and should probably be favored to win it all. They were a young team (only 1 Senior) and had some great talent. #11 for Moore Co. is going to be an awesome player by her Senior year. If I remember correctly, she's only a Sophomore. She definately didn't play like it. Congrats to Moore Co. on a great year and I'm sure you guys will be back playing for another state championship next year!

Moore County will be even stronger next year, as they return two versatile posts in Vann and Raby to go with a whole slew of capable guards. I would imagine that Garland will return to the point with Taylor graduating, which might take away from her scoring a little bit. She started out at the PG as an eighth grader, but she appears more comfortable on the wing than at the point. Moore County also has a 6-2 post that will be a freshman, and if Jodie Brown returns they will have another 6-2 post, which will make them the deepest Class A team to come through in a very long time. Their inside game would be nearly unstoppable as you could pretty much counter any defense that is thrown at you with that combination of players. I do look for Vann to move out to the wing next year with all of the low-post players that Moore County has on their roster.

Moore County should be back next year, but the road will be anything but easy. In fact, the South Middle section of Tennessee will be the toughest area to come out of next year in Class A. 9A and 12A return the most talent of any two districts in Tennessee (though 7A and 14A will be right in the mix, as usual). Moore County will have to get through Forrest (will reload with the Curtner twins becoming go-to players), Cascade (a very young team that lost only one starter), and MTCS (a team with an exceptional Freshman class coming in) in District 9A. The Region 5A Tournament will look exactly as it did this year with those four teams battling it out. Then they will have to play a Sub-State game against either Wayne County (only lost one senior; has a lot of size with Daniel and Bell in the post and a real star in Risner at the PG spot), Summertown (returns everyone from a very young team that played Moore County to a four point game in Sub-State), Perry County (senior-laden starting lineup led by the best guard in 12A in Simmons), or Loretto (returns all starters, including D-12A MVP Forward Abby Laws).

Moore County is definitely the favorite of all those teams to return to Murfreesboro. If they make it back, they will be extremely battle-tested once they get there. Congratulations to Moore County on their run this year and their silver ball. I have a feeling there will be a lot more hardware going in the trophy case over the next 2 to 3 years.

Lake Co will be one of the favorites as well..I'd put T.T. Flowers and Carnation up against any upcoming juniors or seniors in Single A..And sophomore to be Shamone Pearson is pretty good also..Then you have Shasta Bolden and Brooke Horton,both 3 point shooters..I look for T.T.,Carnation,Shamone and Shasta to start next year with 8th grade star Tiana Gray who was part of the middle school team that was honored at the Boro this week..And April Mendez shoots the ball well from outside also,but not sure about her status,she quit during the middle odf the season..Lake co had a lot of speed this year but really outside of Mariah Matthews,not much outside shooting..Teams could collaspe the middle..With Tiana Gray,Shamone and Shasta on the wings..going to have the outside shooting.Tiana shoots as well as Mariah and may be the best outside shooter on the team.T.T. should be able to drive or give them plenty of open looks.So we'll see how things pan out.And a couple from middle school will be coming up after next year,one being a T.T. clone...Don't know much about Moore Co as far as the guard they're losing..doesn't matter how tall their post players are but they'd better be able to get the ball down the floor and be able to handle a press and run because I look for Lake Co to be better next year than they were this year.! Didn't Scotts Hill only have 1 senior?They will be in the mix if true.!Greenfield still has Jordan Gailey and the big girl down low..Humboldt still has their best player ,Hubbard,back.!Not sure about the rest of the Humboldt players.!

Lake Co will be one of the favorites as well..I'd put T.T. Flowers and Carnation up against any upcoming juniors or seniors in Single A..And sophomore to be Shamone Pearson is pretty good also..Then you have Shasta Bolden and Brooke Horton,both 3 point shooters..I look for T.T.,Carnation,Shamone and Shasta to start next year with 8th grade star Tiana Gray who was part of the middle school team that was honored at the Boro this week..And April Mendez shoots the ball well from outside also,but not sure about her status,she quit during the middle odf the season..Lake co had a lot of speed this year but really outside of Mariah Matthews,not much outside shooting..Teams could collaspe the middle..With Tiana Gray,Shamone and Shasta on the wings..going to have the outside shooting.Tiana shoots as well as Mariah and may be the best outside shooter on the team.T.T. should be able to drive or give them plenty of open looks.So we'll see how things pan out.And a couple from middle school will be coming up after next year,one being a T.T. clone...Don't know much about Moore Co as far as the guard they're losing..doesn't matter how tall their post players are but they'd better be able to get the ball down the floor and be able to handle a press and run because I look for Lake Co to be better next year than they were this year.! Didn't Scotts Hill only have 1 senior?They will be in the mix if true.!Greenfield still has Jordan Gailey and the big girl down low..Humboldt still has their best player ,Hubbard,back.!Not sure about the rest of the Humboldt players.!

Well, well - a friend and I had a bet how long it would be before we saw talk about next year, Lake Co. and TT listed on this message board. I lost....I said within 2 hours of the championship game. He said one day.

Moore County is everything ptguard12 stated plus they have a very good coach and a 1st class program.

I believe Moore Co is as good as everyone is stating.But I wouldn't go against Lake Co.The same team that made it to stste last year but just fell short this year.That's unreal..Just because maybe they didn't make it to the State..seems like they are off the radar..Had they made it..the announcers and everyone would be saying..Wow..T.T. is only a sophomore..Carnation is only a sophomore..Shamone Pearson is only a freshman..Look folks..Lake Co beat just about everyone by 20 points plus this year..even the team that knocked them out..beat them by close to 20 points.Now Lake Co loses one game and poof...Gibson Co lost to Central this year but still was clearly the best team..The only difference is Lake Co lost their 1 game at the wrong time..That's all..I believe they were ranked in the last poll as 3rd or 4th in the state. And the key players coming back..Abbot and Phelps had roles but did't look to shoot..Tiana Gray and Shasta Bolden will fire away..Like you said..Moore Co is for real..So is Lake Co..These are the same girls that won the middle school sections..kinda like the state..as far as you can go..Won the AAU state tournament last year..probably against the same girls you are speaking about..I wouldn't give up on Lake Co just because they wasn't one of the teams that actually made it to the Boro.!

Well, well - a friend and I had a bet how long it would be before we saw talk about next year, Lake Co. and TT listed on this message board. I lost....I said within 2 hours of the championship game. He said one day.

You should have lost..I saw about 8 teams listed and not one of the teams were Lake Co,..That's what is wrong now..West Tenn players and teams getting left out..Just like last year the 3 players making the writers state team and coming in 4th place.I have never said Jackson Co,Moore Co.Scotts Hill,Forrest wasn't going to be good next year..but Lake Co doesn't make it to the Boro and now all of a sudden I don't guess they're any good..I never said a word about Beth Hawn,Molly Ready ,Laken Leonard etc. being up for Miss Basketball over T.T.I/m sure they are better..believe they are seniors over a sophmore..But I'd have to believe T.T. will be one of the favorites next year.I don't know of any sophomores being named on any scouting services with the exception of a couple tall girls ,from Memphis and maybe Clarksville..But then again..maybe she won't..middle and east tenn people don't know about Scotts Hill or Lake Co.!Maybe if people will at least acknowledge Lake Co in talking about the top teams next year..don't have to say they may be the best..at least put them somewhere in the mix..Then maybe I wouldnt have to post about them and you wouldn't lose your bet.!

Bigster,

If you are referring to the teams in my post, those are not who I think the top teams will be next year (though a couple of them will be some of the best in the state). Those are the teams that stand in Moore County's way of getting back to state (district opponents and sub-state opponents). Calm down, everyone knows that Lake County is a threat to get to Murfreesboro next season.

bigster....

Put T.T.'s stats up after every game next season...Make it your mission to get her name out...Lake County is a small community that gets very little exposure statewide....Good Luck with it...T.T. is very deserving of being mentioned as a Miss Basketball finalist...

There are enough sportswriters that follows CoachT if you market it her just right, you might get her name known...LOL..

Bigster,

If you are referring to the teams in my post, those are not who I think the top teams will be next year (though a couple of them will be some of the best in the state). Those are the teams that stand in Moore County's way of getting back to state (district opponents and sub-state opponents). Calm down, everyone knows that Lake County is a threat to get to Murfreesboro next season.

Everything's fine Pt.Guard...lol..Just have to stand up for my Falcons.I know there are a lot of very good teams out there.I'm sure Moore Co and Scotts Hill are a couple..I'm sure Jackson Co and Clarkrange will come back reloaded...It's all goof though..I was just reminding people..not that they need reminding with me posting..that Lake Co will be in the mix.!Greenfield has a couple players I know coming back..look for them to have another good squad.You'll probably see Lake Co in some camps before I will.I'm anxious to see how Lake Co does with Tiana Gray and Shasta Bolden in the lineup with the other girls.I believe people are going to see that if they cram the middle then Shasta ,Shamone and Tiana will fill it up..!

There may be 8 new ones next year its too early to tell, young players don't always live up to our expectations and some that work hard will over achieve. RBS who won 20 plus and went to substate will be one of favorites in our area alone with Friendship who both got everybody back. I believe C'range who has a lot of good freshmen and JC returning co-7a freshmen of year with some good sophmores will also be competive alone with PC and Clay co. All the teams mentioned in this whole forum will be good teams next year, but its way too early to predict a title game, too many district, region and sub state game coming up.