Seigel vs Melrose

Icy

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much has Melrose improved since the Arby's? They were the best team there, but did not blow people out. Athletically they seemed in a different league. Only beat Science Hill by about 12 though and Will Adams (freshman) from SH played toe to toe with Jones that game. I thought Rucker was the key for them though. Look forward to seeing them play, but can see them getting upset if refs. don't let them play their game and Rucker or Thomas get in foul trouble.

Melrose is a MUCH better team since then. Since the playoffs have begun, Chris Jones, Adonis Thomas, and Nate Rucker have put in real work and they are much better. They've reeled off impressive wins vs. White Station(x2), Southwind, Central, and Jackson Northside in convincing fashion.

This game will get out of hand really fast. Melrose by 25 minimum. Siegel has not seen a team of this caliber all year. I have seen them play a couple of times this year and frankly I have seen better Siegel teams than the 2009-2010 team. Tate is not 100% and Hammonds looks like he is getting back into the swing of things and they do have some bigs in the paint. However that will not be enough to deal with Jones, Rucker & Company. This Melrose team could have beat some OVC conference teams this year. No matter what is said the game still will be determined on the hardwood -i'm just saying Melrose is going to be a very BIG obstacle for any team that faces them in Mboro this week. I will be in Murphy Ctr to see all the teams.

This game will get out of hand really fast. Melrose by 25 minimum. Siegel has not seen a team of this caliber all year. I have seen them play a couple of times this year and frankly I have seen better Siegel teams than the 2009-2010 team. Tate is not 100% and Hammonds looks like he is getting back into the swing of things and they do have some bigs in the paint. However that will not be enough to deal with Jones, Rucker & Company. This Melrose team could have beat some OVC conference teams this year. No matter what is said the game still will be determined on the hardwood -i'm just saying Melrose is going to be a very BIG obstacle for any team that faces them in Mboro this week. I will be in Murphy Ctr to see all the teams.
This will get ugly quick, I am talking 2 minutes into the 1st quarter. Liberty beat Siegel this year as well .

Have never seen Melrose play, and am a Siegel Alumni. According to all these post Melrose is just flat out amazing. I'm thinking that this state game for Siegel will end like the game 5 years ago when Siegel played Ridgeway. Melrose wins, and wins the whole tournament. BUT I believe if Tate is on the floor, and Hammonds is just absolutely doing work, then the game will not be a blowout.