Predictions?

KPowers55

How do you not see anyone hanging with Ensworth this year? BA is clearly the favorite with 18 returning starters. MUS is number 2 because they have won 26 straight games. Ensworth is probably number 3, although losing Anderson is going to hurt them very bad. If they lose 1 of their 2 big lineman I think they they will just be average. MBA should be 4, they return some good players, and then CBHS, Baylor, Mcallie, and so on, with JPII bringing up the rear.

How do you not see anyone hanging with Ensworth this year? BA is clearly the favorite with 18 returning starters. MUS is number 2 because they have won 26 straight games. Ensworth is probably number 3, although losing Anderson is going to hurt them very bad. If they lose 1 of their 2 big lineman I think they they will just be average. MBA should be 4, they return some good players, and then CBHS, Baylor, Mcallie, and so on, with JPII bringing up the rear.

What happened to Anderson?

I watched the first MBA-BA game last year, and was thoroughly impressed with BA. I was a little puzzled that anybody beat them in the regular season. I think your point about Ensworth is also well-made. Ensworth has a small student body, and a couple of key injuries could be disastrous..

What does MUS have returning? A couple of their posters last year seemed to be writing this season off due to graduation. While that might be a little extreme, they obviously have a lot of gaps to fill.

i posted this earlier in another thread but.. Last year they lost everybody except one person on defense and they ended up having one of the best defenses. This year they will be returning 2 starters and another 3 or 4 that rotated in and out with the starters, so i think they will still be good on defense. Offensively, the only big question they have really is the QB position. Itll be between a senior and junior next year, both different style QB's(the senior is more of a runner and he's only about 5'11 and the junior is a more pro-style qb that is about 6'4 with a strong arm). Their O-line will probably be one of the best lines they have ever had, atleast they have the most potential to be, and they got some good inside receivers this year at both slot receiver and tightend but they dont have that big play receiver threat like they have had the past couple of years. at runningback they will be inexperienced but have some great talent. so i dont know if the will go undefeated again because of how difficult their schedule is, but if they can stay healthy i will be very surprised if they are not playing for the state championship next year.

Yikes, I didn't know Anderson was out for the year. But barring injuries to the two biguns, they are still my pick. They have some young depth at skill positions but what you say is true, they are only a couple of key injuries from a less than ideal season. BA has the players, but, for some reason, they never live up to their billing. Losing to Ryan 2 years in a row is unexplainable, so I'm hesitant about picking them #1. MUS just reloads and wins. Looking at their defense on paper last year, I never would have thought they would win it all. It will be between those three though. I just don't see MBA, CBHS, or the Chattanooga teams putting up much resistance, IMO.

Last March 2009, Goat2000 started a the topic DIV II predictions. It covers 15 pages of DII-AA 2009 football.

Here we are a year later and it is the same 4 teams predicted to win it all, MUS, BA, MBA, EHS.

You will see not much has changed from last year to this year. Sure the seniors graduated, a couple of summer injuries, same old coaching staffs, future college stars on all the teams etc etc etc....still comes down to the 4 teams and who can win the big games.

Can BA beat MBA?

Can MBA beat EHS?

Can EHS beat BA?

Can MUS beat CBHS?

Last March 2009, Goat2000 started a the topic DIV II predictions. It covers 15 pages of DII-AA 2009 football.

Here we are a year later and it is the same 4 teams predicted to win it all, MUS, BA, MBA, EHS.

You will see not much has changed from last year to this year. Sure the seniors graduated, a couple of summer injuries, same old coaching staffs, future college stars on all the teams etc etc etc....still comes down to the 4 teams and who can win the big games.

Can BA beat MBA?

Can MBA beat EHS?

Can EHS beat BA?

Can MUS beat CBHS?

Just FYI here is an article about the MUS-CBHS game this upcoming fall about how it will be televised.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/jul/19/mus-cbhs-football-game-oct-22-be-televised/

Edited by footballace1

Can BA beat MBA?

Can MBA beat EHS?

Can EHS beat BA?

Can MUS beat CBHS?

And this being Div. II, each of those questions has a follow-up: Can you beat them a second time in the play-offs?