Predictions?

KPowers55

Borderline. Wirth and Connor should not be on there. All the others are good picks, would have liked to see maybe Hamby or Siminis at QB, but I do not know too many tight ends. Also would have liked to see Cairo from BA on there.

I know it was Anderson County (I think they were pretty good last year in 5A) and only a scrimmage, but Campbell completed a very high percentage of his passes (somewhere in the range of 15 out of 20) over 200 yards and three touchdowns last night in Cookeville. I will look at the tape and get exact numbers this weekend.

Final score was 41 - 7. Based upon this game he sure looked like he belonged on the list.

I know it was Anderson County (I think they were pretty good last year in 5A) and only a scrimmage, but Campbell completed a very high percentage of his passes (somewhere in the range of 15 out of 20) over 200 yards and three touchdowns last night in Cookeville. I will look at the tape and get exact numbers this weekend.

Final score was 41 - 7. Based upon this game he sure looked like he belonged on the list.

Almost forgot my predictions;

1. Ensworth (probably no surprise here)

2. BA

3. Baylor

4. McCallie

5. MBA

6. Father Ryan

7. BGA

8. JP II

West

1. Briarcrest

2. MUS

3. CBHS

Well hopefully he is improving, it would be a shame for his frame to go to waste.

My predictions

E/M

1. BA

2. Ensworth

3. MBA

4. Baylor

5. Mcallie

6. Ryan

Last. JPII

W

1. MUS

2. CBHS

3. Briarcrest

rumble, I think you may be slightly too close to the situation to understand people's skepticism. My guess is that most, if not all, of the questions raised on here are borne in perceived reality more so than they are ill-willed or prejudice-based.

Earlier, you had used the term "high level DI offer". If you consider in general terms - and not specifically as it relates to any QB discussed or not discussed on these message boards - I think there are about 15,000 starting quarterbacks in the country on the high school level. Depending on what constitutes "high level" (BCS conferences only? I-A/FBS? I-A/FBS and I-AA/FCS?), we're probably looking at, at best, about 200-300 scholarship offers at a high level in a given year. That's about a 1-2% chance of making the grade.

When I think of a "high level" football program on the college level with perceived QB issues going into the season, U. of Tennessee quickly comes to mind (who would have ever imagined that?). While the starter remains to be determined, the player that gets mentioned often threw for almost 5,000 yards and 50 touchdowns his last two years of high school (and that was at a high school that is considered a top 25 national program)..and UT is a program with huge question marks at QB?!.

Unfortunately, the state of Tennessee has not fared well at the QB position in recent years in terms of follow-through on scholarships at the high level, although Brunetti seems to be special and have a ton of promise, and Cobb, although not a prototypical QB, is making waves at UK. But, we have had many a former Tennessee high school QB star find the sledding tough in recent years at the Notre Dames and South Carolinas and other high level schools of the world, and they have had to transfer to FCS schools in many cases - and have had to compete vigorously for playing time even there!

The great thing, though, is that it's now time for the players/teams to let the play on the field speak for itself.

My prediction:

East/Middle

1. BA

2. MBA

3. McCallie

4. Ensworth

5. Baylor

6. Father Ryan

7. BGA

8. JPII

West

1. MUS

2. CBHS

3. Briarcrest

Now for a cup of coffee and to rest up for jamboree tonite!

McCallie in front of Ensworth and Baylor? haha bold prediction after what I saw tonight against a lowley Boyd squad

I say go large in your predictions. Lots of ground to cover between now and the end of the season and anything can happen! Besides, let's not pick on Boyd too much... they did compete in their state championship game last year.

You should have come over and introduced yourself. The weather was nice after the lightning delay. Thank you to the powers that be for the delay... it allowed me to make the first quarter after work!

McCallie in front of Ensworth and Baylor? haha bold prediction after what I saw tonight against a lowley Boyd squad

I don't know a great deal about the Chattanooga teams, but Ensworth at 4th is not inconceivable under a not very far-fetched scenario. Imagine them having to deal with the injuries MBA suffered in Rutledge's last year there, or, even last year. Ensworth has a very good team with excellent athletes, and they're well coached. But they aren't particularly deep. A couple of key injuries at inopportune times would have a much greater impact on them than on some of the bigger schools.

And Bluemom, if it should shake out like this at the end of the season, would you be kind enough to send me six numbers between 1 and 50?

Exactly what did you see that would make you write this? I'm not saying McCallie will be a dominant team this year, but what else would you have them do last night that woould impress you? I thought they played well, dominated a team they should dominate, and executed about as well as one could hope at this point?