TSSAA Public/Private Date Ruining Tennessee Athletics

Morton

Whats the problem with having multiple state champions in every sport, Individual and Teams. It does not water down the concept that by having more makes them less worthy. It is whats better for the kids envolvement at that level. Most will never have the opportunity in college and less beyond. HS sports are to give the kids the chance to participate, hack schools with enrollments of 1000 plus already limit the number of athletes. Give all the kids the dream to belong and associate with athletics, a highly self-motivation tool.

Those who excel and are worthy will receive the recognition and the opportunity to advance or they can always walk on in college. App. State had a show on today talking about several key members of their football teams have been walk-ons. The all time TD leader Henderson and the starting Center were walk-ons. So if a kid works hard enough and wants it bad enough th opportunities are there for the taking.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the problem with having multiple state champions in every sport, Individual and Teams. It does not water down the concept that by having more makes them less worthy. It is whats better for the kids envolvement at that level. Most will never have the opportunity in college and less beyond. HS sports are to give the kids the chance to participate, hack schools with enrollments of 1000 plus already limit the number of athletes. Give all the kids the dream to belong and associate with athletics, a highly self-motivation tool.

Those who excel and are worthy will receive the recognition and the opportunity to advance or they can always walk on in college. App. State had a show on today talking about several key members of their football teams have been walk-ons. The all time TD leader Henderson and the starting Center were walk-ons. So if a kid works hard enough and wants it bad enough th opportunities are there for the taking.

Old Pirate has a simple reply to this post :thumb:

Recon Old Pirate has two things to say, kinda like this here feller......

A local leader was asked on a local live radio talk show, just what he thought of the allegations of ear holing them Private schools. His reply prompted his ejection from the studio, but to thunderous applause from the audience. 'If hooking up a Private Schooler's balls to a car's battery cables will help one Public School, then I have just three things to say, Red is positive, Black is negative, Make sure his balls are wet". [/b] is?????????????????????????? /blush.gif" style=

A local leader was asked on a local live radio talk show, just what he thought of the allegations of ear holing them Private schools. His reply prompted his ejection from the studio, but to thunderous applause from the audience. 'If hooking up a Private Schooler's balls to a car's battery cables will help one Public School, then I have just three things to say, Red is positive, Black is negative, Make sure his balls are wet". [/b] is?????????????????????????? /blush.gif" style=

Local leader you say, well I believe he will remain a local leader or less. Care to mention where he leads and who. Old Pirate, you have been through one too many waves as this post shows clearly. :wacko:

Local leader you say, well I believe he will remain a local leader or less. Care to mention where he leads and who. Old Pirate, you have been through one too many waves as this post shows clearly. :wacko:

Actually, the quote is stolen from T. B. Bechtel, a City Councillor from Newcastle, Australia. Bechtel was replying to a question regarding torture of terror suspects.

Actually, the quote is stolen from T. B. Bechtel, a City Councillor from Newcastle, Australia. Bechtel was replying to a question regarding torture of terror suspects.

Dad burnit...Old Pirate didn't know some folkes in Australia thought Private schoolers were terror suspects.................... :roflol: Recon OP agrees with the torture part, known as earholing in Futeball :popcorneater:

And well he should have been shown the door.

• 1 month later...

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I posted this in the 3/4AA thread, but thought it was worth repeating, in a different version.

TSSAA's desire to make everyone happy and give all schools an equal playing field has devalued the elite talent of this state in terms of football. Tennessee ranked as one of the lowest in the country for football talent out of high school. This is because TSSAA has strangled football programs from having year round football like they do in Ohio, Texas, Florida, California, and even Georgia. All out of fear of offending the rural/small town football fan that thinks their high school is getting short-changed at an opportunity for a state championship. Doesn't TN have EIGHT gold balls every year between D1 and D2? This is ridiculous. Some states still only have ONE. Does that Gold Ball in AAA really matter, when you couldn't play the 6A team and see if you could beat them, and I content that most of the top teams in all the top four divisions could compete with each other.

The problem is that D2 schools have to abide by the same rules, so their players do not play spring ball, or summer elite camps, etc.... Private/public players BOTH suffer as a result. It is really unfortunate that exceptionally talented football players that could be five star recruits in another state are at minimum three star in the state of Tennessee because of TSSAA. This is the difference between a scholarship to a big academic school versus a junior college.

Mind you.. TSSAA is just trying to make everyone happy, which is impossible. I look at schools they have lumped into AAAA for playoffs that population-wise should be AA at best, just because they have had success in the past.

TSSAA is killing the state of Tennessee's reputation and the potential of our future athletes by six gold balls in D1 and two in D2, and by not allowing year round football. Allow these athletes to develop and have futures and the opportunities they deserve versus making them all suffer for the egos of some parents. Open the borders on counties and let their be powerhouses. It would be the best thing for these athletes futures, and would certainly stop this whole poor me syndrome on this site. Put the publics in one, put the privates in another, and let them play year round. Two gold balls.. One public, one private, and let the cream of the crop go on to playing on our TV Saturdays and Sundays and give back to their communities HERE IN TENNESSEE!!!

Ready for the backlack... bring it...

Small example of not having one championship.. Indiana Basketball arguably used to be pretty good. I'm sure many of you have watched the movie Hoosiers. I grew up in a small southern Indiana town, call "next to no-where USA, IN" The Hi School basketball team in the late 80's (I was young and watching) made it to two back to back championship games. They finished 2nd in the State with an average class size of 90 kids per class, thats roughly 360 students. They competed against Marion from around Indianapolis and lost both years. Basketball was HUGE back then, the county built a gymn that was in ground, and seated nearly 10,000 people that would get packed out for sectionals and (Yes I scalped tickets for a hi school game as a middle schooler) with 4 of the same size schools. No one cared if it was once every 10 yrs that we made it to the final four or the championships because it meant something, and I mean it really meant something when you were there... I have visited the town and watched a local home game, and not many people were at the games. I stopped at the local auto repair shop and asked the locals how the basketball season was going. Their reply: No one really cares anymore, we have won many titles in our division but it's not the same thing.. Everyone wants a shot at the big show. I'm not sure that every sport should be this way but this is an example in my opinion in Indiana of what has happened to their schools..

Question, if a kid transfers (not due to an address move, just a simple transfer) from a public to a private school (recruited or not), from an athletic eligibility side, the kid can begin playing sports as soon as he/she's enrolled, correct?

If a kid transfers from one public school to another, without a validated address change, he/she's ineligible for a full calander year, correct?