Jefferson County

helment

....If many of you folks remember correctly,The answer last year was to get away from the Veer "TOO easy to stop...Just put 8 in box" ,"QB moves around TOO much and needs to stay in the pocket",WE need to go to the Spread",,,,,,,,,,SO what is the answer?....IDK....most teams will end the season with a loss! What is it (7-8 )get the GOLD FOOTBALL.!! THE REST go home with a loss !! Isnt that right BARB ? GO PATRIOTS !!!

Good luck tonight. Continually changing things does nothing but create problems. The kids need to be given enough time to get good at something. In addition, certain types of players are needed for the spread, and I dont think you have them.

Good luck tonight. Continually changing things does nothing but create problems. The kids need to be given enough time to get good at something. In addition, certain types of players are needed for the spread, and I dont think you have them.

Well this change resulted in a 28-14 Patriot win !!!!!

I agree you need the right personel to run the spread but you need the right personel to run the veer also... It sure is ugly to force a veer scheme on a spread team.............. :thumb:

It appears that Jefferson County has the type of players to make it work.

tpoole12

I agree you need the right personel to run the spread but you need the right personel to run the veer also... It sure is ugly to force a veer scheme on a spread team.............. :thumb:

It appears that Jefferson County has the type of players to make it work.

tpoole12

that was the point but reverse. Jc has always been a veer team with Carson Newman ex lineman as coach. they know the veer but attempted to move to spred to take advantage of skill players speed. They are very small up front which caused them issues trying to hold out bigger def lineman. They attacked SC tonight and looked very good. Just beat the #8th ranked 6a program and it should have been worse. SC longest scoring drive was 20 yards. Go pats great total team win.

that was the point but reverse. Jc has always been a veer team with Carson Newman ex lineman as coach. they know the veer but attempted to move to spred to take advantage of skill players speed. They are very small up front which caused them issues trying to hold out bigger def lineman. They attacked SC tonight and looked very good. Just beat the #8th ranked 6a program and it should have been worse. SC longest scoring drive was 20 yards. Go pats great total team win.

Sorry I turned it backwards but I've seen it work both ways.. The main thing is you must taylor your scheme to players.... I'm sure we will talk on next weeks thread. Enjoy the win... :thumb:

tpoole12

Sorry I turned it backwards but I've seen it work both ways.. The main thing is you must taylor your scheme to players.... I'm sure we will talk on next weeks thread. Enjoy the win... :thumb:

tpoole12

I know its a overused phrase.But there was NO quit in the Smokey Bears! Brutal hits on both sides of the ball!Good Luck with the rest of your season Bears ,I'm sure you will be in the playoffs. JCHS what a win! I enjoyed this game.Now on to next week . GO PATRIOTS

Congratulations patriots. Now to keep up with the winning theme I suggest they make some more sudden, unexpected, last minute changes:

1.) Switch to the wing T

2.) Flip Coins to decide who calls offense/defense

3.) Defensive formations should only include quarter and goal line

And the patriots keep winning.

But seriously, I was not there, but I have heard it was a great effort and from what I've taken in from all of you, it really helped Jeff co. regroup and get the fan base back under them. And I am not bashing coach Anderson, the man works hard and wants success as bad as anyone- but it was great to see him hand the play calling on offense over. Not because he is terrible, just so he can manage the game and team a little more. :thumb:

First of all Barb, this is a Jeff Co board so we need 0 comments from a Gville jacker. You cannot tell me that if the Devils had been struggling for a couple of years and lost their first 2 games by a lot that you and your Gville special ed grads would not be calling for Ballard's head. Secondly, no one has suggested removal of Anderson to my knowledge. Third, go to visit the devil himself!

Hmmmmm, I believe we started last season 1-3....and more than a couple of Pat posters are CONSTANTLY questioning JC coaching. Hopefully the SC win will quiet some of the doubters...