Dyer County vs. Dyersburg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyer Co. will win in a rout. Dyersburg is nowhere near what it used to be and it seems as if this rivalry has faded out. I remember a couple of years ago, they wanted to kill each other.

They still do, Dyersburg jus don't have all the atheletes like that used to. DC gets the atheletes now. It's gonna be that way for a long time. The game will be intense, but nothing short of a blowout!

should be interesting, but dc will prevail

Interesting indeed Trojans doesnt have it this year,possibly will take several years to overcome faiascos of past 3 years while DC has excellant players in every positions with team speed n unity..maybe DC's year to Top

Go Choctaws !!

Believe ! Heart !

Attach Together !

Dyer Co won this game 42-23.I thought the game started at 7:30 but now I see why they start at 7..The game was delayed 15 minutes for the heat.In the second quarter Dyer Co was winning 14-13 and someone saw some lightning in the area.The announcer said both teams were going to the dressing room for 30 minutes.The teams came back out on the field and finished the second quarter.The bands played at the half as usual and in the 3rd quarter,Dyer Co and Dyersburg got into a squirmish and 2 or 3 players were ejected,including the Dyersburg starting quarterback.Both teams left the sidelines and came on the field.Then the clock malfuntioned about 4 or 5 times,delaying the game several times.Several players cramped up ,delaying the game several times and the officials gave them timeouts.I believe the officials were instructed to do this in the extreme heat.Then at the start of the 4th quarter,something went on in the end zone...may have been students into it.About 10 golf carts,police and school officials went to see what was going on there.The game was held up during this time.So after about an hour or more in delays,the game thankfully ended at 11:00.Congrats to Dyer Co on the win.

Edited by mrbigster

The fights were seriously the most exciting parts of the game....The delays killed this game....Need to do something about that clock...

I hear ya about the clock. Just got back from the game years ago the fight behind the end zone would have been between opposing fans, the one tonight wasn't. Good win DC and good luck to the Trojans the rest of the season :thumb: