Gibson County VS Humboldt

JungleJim125

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda hard just from a jamboree but that's about what I did.I watched Gibson Co vs Halls and then Lake Co vs. Halls.Then I watched Humboldt against Dyersburg and feel like Humboldt would beat Lake Co.,Gibson and Halls ..Humboldt looked like they had 70 players on the team..have size and good running backs.If they get any passing out of the quarterback,they are going to be pretty tough.I actually think the quarterback did ok.Threw short passes for the most part when I saw them but I see him getting better as the year progresses.

Bigster I must agree with you as far as Halls and Lake Co. are concerned, I haven't watche GC. Humboldt looked solid. I must say that the QBs you saw are both seniors, but are capable of completing the short and accurate passes that are necessary and the long unexpected passes because our receivers are so fast. I believe we ran, around 8 or 9 different backs in the Jamboree, and I believe you will see atleast that many in every game.

GC I know you guys are hungry for a win against Hbt, but they definetly aren't going to lay down and let you have it.

So tell us, what you bring to the table.

How does this years Humboldt team compare to last years? I can't see them being THAT much better considering they lost a very good QB in Darren Dunbar. A win over Dyersburg is impressive, but it's just that, a jamboree. This game will really dictate how the season goes for GC. If we can get this W, confidence will by sky high for the team. We really need it to get started on a good note.

My friend they are that much better! They are bigger and are very quick and are deep this season! Quote Coach Dan Bland this is one of the quickest teams i have coach in a long time. Believe when Vike the King tells u they have more than Quan he ain't joshing! The Vikes have 2 good QB's and the backfield is FAST! If the OL blocks like they did in the jamboree! I will be surprise it the starters play 2 to 2 and half quarters! I agree with u a jamboree is a just that! I don't put much into them. A good coach can teach kid many things. But one thing they can't teach speed! Once Harris,Campbell,Shepard, Brooks break the line of scrimmage GC has no one to catch them. I will be schocked if GC gets within 4 TD's! I am taking nothing fron GC hope they have a great year.But GC does not have the horses tho play with the Vikings this year! Good luck to both! :|

Edited by zebra99

My friend they are that much better! They are bigger and are very quick and are deep this season! Quote Coach Dan Bland this is one of the quickest teams i have coach in a long time. Believe when Vike the King tells u they have more than Quan he ain't joshing! The Vikes have 2 good QB's and the backfield is FAST! If the OL blocks like they did in the jamboree! I will be surprise it the starters play 2 to 2 and half quarters! I agree with u a jamboree is a just that! I don't put much into them. A good coach can teach kid many things. But one thing they can't teach speed! Once Harris,Campbell,Shepard, Brooks break the line of scrimmage GC has no one to catch them. I will be schocked if GC gets within 4 TD's! I am taking nothing fron GC hope they have a great year.But GC does not have the horses tho play with the Vikigs this year! Good luck to both! :|

I did not know Dan Bland was coaching again. Wow! He is one of the best.

I haven't been able to see Humboldt play this year, but from everything that I am hearing sound very good. I have been told that this year's team is going to be just as good as the 2006-2007 Vikings team.

FrankieD12 they are better and much quicker than 2006-2007 team! That's just imo the 2006-2007 team did not have the speed and quickest of this team and this team is loaded with athletes but thats nothing unusual for a Humboldt team. HBT has the best coach they have had since Tucker. Bland is in is 3rd season and going to put Hbt back on the map. HBT finally has somebody to coach them! I look for HBT to make a deep run this year good luck!! :thumb:

Yea.I said 3 touchdowns but really think it's going to be more .But I thought 3 was safe.!

LC has some good size and some good athlethes also. I really thought Peabody may have had a good shot at HBT this season. Peabody has look good at times in scrimmages but like i say scrimmages mean nothing! I really think Peabody will have a shot to win 6 to 7 games this year! But don't think they will have the speed to contain HBT. Good luck this season!! :thumb:

Bigster I must agree with you as far as Halls and Lake Co. are concerned, I haven't watche GC. Humboldt looked solid. I must say that the QBs you saw are both seniors, but are capable of completing the short and accurate passes that are necessary and the long unexpected passes because our receivers are so fast. I believe we ran, around 8 or 9 different backs in the Jamboree, and I believe you will see atleast that many in every game.

GC I know you guys are hungry for a win against Hbt, but they definetly aren't going to lay down and let you have it.

So tell us, what you bring to the table.

LOL, well by the way everyone talks, we should just roll over and say we forfeit. As bad as GC has been over the past few years, 3 out of 5 of the games have been very close.

2005 - Humboldt 35-32 over Gibson Co.

2006 - Humboldt 42-12 over Gibson Co.

2007 - Humboldt 10-7 over Gibson Co.

2008 - Humboldt 29-12 over Gibson Co.

2009 - Humboldt 34-20 over Gibson Co.

I just don't see how Humboldt lost the players they did and be that much better. I'm sure they're athletic and quick, but what Humboldt team isn't? Every year they always have big boys and speed, that's nothing new. The win against Dyersburg is impressive, but did Humboldt throw their whole offense at Dyersburg while Dyersburg only ran a few different plays? There IS a reason why GC didn't get film on Humboldt from the Dyersburg jambo. Not saying Humboldt is going to be an easy win for GC, but I don't think GC will be the easy win for Humboldt that everyone else is thinking, but what's new.

LOL, well by the way everyone talks, we should just roll over and say we forfeit. As bad as GC has been over the past few years, 3 out of 5 of the games have been very close.

2005 - Humboldt 35-32 over Gibson Co.

2006 - Humboldt 42-12 over Gibson Co.

2007 - Humboldt 10-7 over Gibson Co.

2008 - Humboldt 29-12 over Gibson Co.

2009 - Humboldt 34-20 over Gibson Co.

I just don't see how Humboldt lost the players they did and be that much better. I'm sure they're athletic and quick, but what Humboldt team isn't? Every year they always have big boys and speed, that's nothing new. The win against Dyersburg is impressive, but did Humboldt throw their whole offense at Dyersburg while Dyersburg only ran a few different plays? There IS a reason why GC didn't get film on Humboldt from the Dyersburg jambo. Not saying Humboldt is going to be an easy win for GC, but I don't think GC will be the easy win for Humboldt that everyone else is thinking, but what's new.

They have 7 starters own both sides of the ball back! I know GC will not just roll over and die! No HBt didn't throw the whole offense at Dyersburg. HBt played several kids. They played 3 different QB's and 7 or 8 backs. This team is much better than 2005-2009 teams. This teams has more depth and quickness!I wish GC good luck but i will be schocked if it's close!

They have 7 starters own both sides of the ball back! I know GC will not just roll over and die! No HBt didn't throw the whole offense at Dyersburg. HBt played several kids. They played 3 different QB's and 7 or 8 backs. This team is much better than 2005-2009 teams. This teams has more depth and quickness!I wish GC good luck but i will be schocked if it's close!

Does Humboldt have a Kelcey Williams Jr. or something?

I guess I'll be made a believer Friday night when Humboldt rolls to town, huh?

Butchie, what're you talking 'bout losing money?... lol, you don't have to worry about too much.