Dobyns-Bennett v. Clinton

hincke2000

They say you make your best improvement from Game 1 to Game 2. Where do the Indians need to improve most?

PUNTING GAME - Only 1 Punt vs Farragut and it was a disaster. The blocking scheme did not look right before the snap, the snap was right on the money.... blocking broke down quick and the punt was very slow to get off the foot of the punter.

We had another situation that most coaches would have punted in, but G-Man went for it anyway. Seabolt went on a naked bootleg, out ran a D End who thought he had a sack and make a good pass to Cannon for the first down. I think Graham was thinking another blocked punt was coming.

The Defense was pretty solid for Game 1. We did give up a few plays over 10 yards. DB had no offsides penelty's for the first time in for ever. They showed good discipline at the Line of Scrimmage.

Looking forward to a good road trip Friday Night.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the money Art,I think he was worried about another block and momentun had changed some with the interception and Farragut score when it looked like we might put them away at 21-0.I don't remember to many holding calls either,those things will kill you.I see coacht cleaned house a little bit today.I can't hardly stand it when you have to read through pages of crap to talk football on every thread a DB fan might care about. Shoot,we all love getting after each other but enough is enough,as most moms used to say.

They say you make your best improvement from Game 1 to Game 2. Where do the Indians need to improve most?

PUNTING GAME - Only 1 Punt vs Farragut and it was a disaster. The blocking scheme did not look right before the snap, the snap was right on the money.... blocking broke down quick and the punt was very slow to get off the foot of the punter.

We had another situation that most coaches would have punted in, but G-Man went for it anyway. Seabolt went on a naked bootleg, out ran a D End who thought he had a sack and make a good pass to Cannon for the first down. I think Graham was thinking another blocked punt was coming.

The Defense was pretty solid for Game 1. We did give up a few plays over 10 yards. DB had no offsides penelty's for the first time in for ever. They showed good discipline at the Line of Scrimmage.

Looking forward to a good road trip Friday Night.

Roll Tribe Roll

Don't know if you noticed or not, but every time we blitzed from either the linebacker position or from dog safety we ran right by the ball carrier. I know Watson has made a living over the years doing this, but with the defensive speed i thing we should play a little more safe next game and see how that works. I know their are times when that is needed but not all the time. Overall , happy with the Farragut game except for the special teams. I don't even have to mention the terrible punting blocking skeem, but i'm pissed that we can't get our punt receiving deel working. Why is Derrick not returning kicks? Why cant we field a punt? We act like we are so scared we don't even want to send a returner deep. Please explain to me the deel. Because i just don't get it. If anyone on hear has a civil relationship with the coaching staff, please ask those questions. This is an important part of the game and we have some players who could break one for a score. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!

Don't know if you noticed or not, but every time we blitzed from either the linebacker position or from dog safety we ran right by the ball carrier. I know Watson has made a living over the years doing this, but with the defensive speed i thing we should play a little more safe next game and see how that works. I know their are times when that is needed but not all the time. Overall , happy with the Farragut game except for the special teams. I don't even have to mention the terrible punting blocking skeem, but i'm pissed that we can't get our punt receiving deel working. Why is Derrick not returning kicks? Why cant we field a punt? We act like we are so scared we don't even want to send a returner deep. Please explain to me the deel. Because i just don't get it. If anyone on hear has a civil relationship with the coaching staff, please ask those questions. This is an important part of the game and we have some players who could break one for a score. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!

Not talked to the staff about it....but from past years, they have different strategies for diff situations. They have several diff returns and several diff block schemes... Lots of times they just play straight defense so tha there is no fake. They want the ball and the O on the field no matter where it is. Kinda like a lot of the plays that frustrate fans... There are plays that are designed to set up other plays later in the game and later in the season. They will run plays that have less chance for success to run something later in the game out of the same set or same look that is diff and take advantage. Other times there are parts of the offense that is shown or not shown on tape so that future opponentscannot see it to prepare. Lots more into the thought process than just trying to score. But there are returns in the plan....or there has been in the past

Sounds like DB already has this game won......... :rolleyes: I guess little ole Clinton doesnt even need to show up, lol!

I don't think any "real" DB fans are predicting a big win Dragon. We lost to you guys last year. You have a very good team again this year. You just beat Halls even though your team had 6 turnovers. Take away just half those turnovers and you beat halls by three touchdowns. It will be a hard fought game and will probably go down to the wire.

By the way, wasn't it you way back in the offseason that was boasting about how bad Clinton was going to put it on DB this year?

Sounds like DB already has this game won......... :rolleyes: I guess little ole Clinton doesnt even need to show up, lol!

Dude I saw the Farragut Clinton scrimmage a few weeks ago. Farragut handled you guys pretty good and DB just beat Farragut 28-7 and you guys lost your starting QB for the year. I know you have to play the game and anybody can win if you over look them.

By the way do you know anything on the freshman player that got hurt and had to take him by ambulance is he alright that is one thing I don't like to see with any team.

Dude I saw the Farragut Clinton scrimmage a few weeks ago. Farragut handled you guys pretty good and DB just beat Farragut 28-7 and you guys lost your starting QB for the year. I know you have to play the game and anybody can win if you over look them.

By the way do you know anything on the freshman player that got hurt and had to take him by ambulance is he alright that is one thing I don't like to see with any team.

One thing I learned along time ago. Never, NEVER, count a scrimmage as anything other than what it is, a scrimmage.